It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers' pre-trial Defense in George Floyd death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If he was trained to do that, its not his bad. Its the fault of the people who trained him to do it, and approved of it prior to the incident.

I guess the big question is how damaging is that type of restraint? Lets say that 99.9% of the time the person isn't even injured...What would data like that show... Also in his condition what if just putting him in the back of the car with his hands behind his back would have killed him too just restraining his ability to breath. I think in the end it will be hard to suggest the cop killed him unless he died of asphyxiation and I don't think that is the case.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Can't sue for being filmed in public.

You can't record someone without their permission in Illinois. It's illegal.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: scrounger

He actually did die on scene, EMTs cannot call a death only a physician can do that. Until that happens they will keep doing CPR until they get to hospital even if they are already dead.

well since there wasnt a doctor on the scene you CANNOT state he died there but only by investigation and coroner can you say (and most likely did) die on scene

but lets presume he did and/or they confirm it.

the investigation (you know that thing your supposed to do before accusing someone much less say they are guilty) has shown that the restraint DIDNT KILL HIM but the swallowing of all those drugs.
a dosage that death was guaranteed but just when it would happen.

if he had complied (missed that part many people have) and gotten into the car the death would have happened on way to the station or in booking at the very latest...

bet people would still claim it was the cops fault

the truth is he FOUGHT AND RESISTED POLICE. they had no choice but to restrain him until he complied or they had total control.
he had enough drugs in his system that most likely were swallowed to prevent being caught with them (STUPID MOVE) that not only KILLED HIM, but probably caused him to fight and not feel pain. a fact that the police HAD NO WAY TO KNOW.

the technique is taught to law enforcement, security , military and hospital staff and employed thousands of times (or more) every year without incident.

the worst that could be said and charged he put the restraint on too long...

but that DID NOT KILL HIM.. he didnt die from asphyxiation. the DRUGS KILLED HIM

the amount was so great it was WHEN NOT IF he was gonna die... it could have happened right when he swallowed them, in the back of the car on way to station, being booked, or even in a holding cell...

the cops didnt know so getting medical treatment in time was all but impossible . given the amount the odds of calling for help right way would most likely not have saved him.

they didnt "murder " (the term they are meaning by saying killed) him .

the cold ugly truth is this whole thing is RACIAL/RACIST ISSUE

The guy was black and the officer was white and facts be damned. Rule of law be damned . The police officers rights be damned.
But what is most wrong is CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT of "innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW" be damned.

scrounger
edit on 12-9-2020 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: vonclod
Guy was out and pissed himself, probably was a good time to let up..eh?

Only following orders..lmgdao.

SMDH

You also forgot the people telling him he was killing him. think that would have gave him pause but no not this idiot.

Oh, you mean the same people that told him to "stop resisting" and to "calm down or you're going to have a heart attack"?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: Lysergic
Can't sue for being filmed in public.

You can't record someone without their permission in Illinois. It's illegal.

Wrong, cite the law where you need consent to film people in public. I dare you.

I'll help you.
www.illinoislegalaid.org...
"The new law does still require the two-party consent requirement for conversations where the people involved have a “reasonable expectation” of privacy. But this exception does not apply to on-duty police officers performing their duties in public."

The difference is public versus "a reasonable expectation of privacy". There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in public spaces.
edit on 12-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Wrong, cite the law where you need consent to film people in public. I dare you.

Looks like they changed the law about filming Police in 2012. You're right.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join