It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with arson in connection with Almeda Fire in southern Oregon

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

On Tuesday, residents called 911 after seeing a man light a fire behind their house in Phoenix around 5 p.m. local time, police said. The witnesses had fled their home "due to the impending fire," the sheriff's office said.

When Oregon State Police troopers and Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived, Bakkela "was standing close to a very large fire threatening several homes," the sheriff's office alleged.

Multiple individuals seen starting fires in Oregon

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this. (If not, devs feel free to move it.)

The Almeda, Oregon fire was already going when this guy Bakkala decided to start another near some people's homes, which went on to wreck those homes.

There's another guy in Dexter Oregon who tried to start a fire, but the locals managed to put it out before it got too big:

nbc16.com...

And another guy in Sweet Creek Oregon, Elias Pendergrass, has been arrested for starting another fire there. I'll put up two links for this guy:

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.foxnews.com...

I wonder who is paying these people? Or do you think they all just got the same idea in the same week?

It's not apparent, at this point, that any of them stood to gain from insurance. So why did they do it?

What reason do you think they will give?

Do you think they will live long enough to stand trial?
edit on 9/12/2020 by semperfortis because: Copy the Exact Headline

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They are punishing the average American, for electing President Trump.

Period.

They have threatened Armageddon, if he is re-elected...

It may be time for those of us in rural areas, to organize armed "anti-antifa" watch groups. I am not inciting, nor am I inviting violence. I am saying that it is time to take defensive measures.

The liberals certainly won't rally for peace... and the media needs the ratings... it will get worse...
edit on 11-9-2020 by madmac5150 because: Militias work as well...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Period.

Ahhhh Communist Core Education policies have backfired... IIRC CALI ORE & WA states all went Cryptkeeper (aka Hillary) in 2016...

Who are they punishing?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Period.

Ahhhh Communist Core Education policies have backfired... IIRC CALI ORE & WA states all went Cryptkeeper (aka Hillary) in 2016...

Who are they punishing?

Everyone of their constituents, to be honest...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

... It may be time for those of us in rural areas, to organize armed "anti-antifa" watch groups. I am not inciting, nor am I inviting violence. I am saying that it is time to take defensive measures. ...

No, you are not inciting nor inviting violence. They are. You are talking common sense.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

:
edit on 2020 9 11 by incoserv because: typo.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

You just had a confirmed Antifa/BLM guy get arrested in WA state setting a fire as well.

www.kiro7.com/news/local/troopers-man-arrested-setting-fire-along-sr-167-puyallup/2IN46K5QV5GILLJZEJGMIS3L5Q/

www.protesterprivilege.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I watched The CNN news tonight and they were interviewing some guy and he said we should be taking care of the woods better to keep fire risk down but how can you prepare for global warming....and as he was talking about global warming he got all giddy.

Now how could they prepare for global warming? By clearing some of that dead crap out of the woods and making fire breaks like they do up here.....also they could arrest and make an example out of those starting all the fires instead of trying to blame everything on global warming on MSM.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

... It may be time for those of us in rural areas, to organize armed "anti-antifa" watch groups. I am not inciting, nor am I inviting violence. I am saying that it is time to take defensive measures. ...

No, you are not inciting nor inviting violence. They are. You are talking common sense.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

:

Common sense hasn't exactly been en vogue, recently.

I was trying to avoid future litigation, and media demonizing. You understand...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My family is one with a home in the Almeda fire. They were all set intentionally from Ashland to Central Point it appears, both from scanners and street.

Rumor has molotovs in Central Point, but I cant substantiate that. Bakkala or whatever is a real piece of work, Im betting he lit both Ashland and Phoenix there about 7 miles apart.

It looks like a bomb hit. I have about 50 pics from start till today of the whole thing. I wish it was as easy to upload here as some other spots as I would straight from my phone.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Talked to cousin up in Portland tonight earlier. Just to make sure he’s well. He’s well enough. While I didn’t ask about anything specifically, I’m kicking myself now. Only b cause he said he’s fine in terms of evac zones and the protocols in place.

Funny though. My ears pricked when he said he’s fine because he lives close to downtown and has already assessed gear and pets for vacate. So he’s basically “fine” But. He said the house across the street blew up and caught fire to the one next to it. I found this odd and didn’t press. He didn’t elaborate.

Never in my life have I hoped for a failed meth lab more

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Could some of these arson reports be just people seeing firefighters fighting fire with fire?

-MM

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Could some of these arson reports be just people seeing firefighters fighting fire with fire?

-MM
No, we caught one felliw literally before the Phoenix fire hit its peak (Almeda/Glendower/phoenix)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

-MM

Yeah....right, keep at it....

Defend the party by all means necessary.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

-MM

I think we all wish that would be the case.

As fun as it is to speculate about conspiracy theories, it's a bit more frightening to see one actually happening.

All three of the men are in the same age range. Bakkala is 41. Jonathan Maas is 44. Elias Newton Pendergrass is 44.

Bakkala has a previous conviction for meth possession. They mention his arrest record in this article:

mailtribune.com...

Jonathan Maas served time for identity theft back in 2016

www.publicpolicerecord.com...

That's all I can find so far on their previous felonies.

If you're a billionaire looking to cause a panick, who would you hire for a job like this?

I'm thinking 40+ year old unrepentant cons.
edit on 12-9-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: Needed to be shorter.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd make those SOBitches fight the fire they caused till they dropped from heat exhaustion - then throw water on their face and make em do it all over again.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It might be enough just to put Bakkala in a cell by himself, and let meth withdrawls set in.

Offer to give him 300 bucks, put an ankle tracker on him, and let him loose in a shady part of town if he gives us information on his employer (we won't judge how he spends it.) - only if the information checks out and we get an arrest, though.

join