It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book revelation there's just this one thing he keeps bugging me one thing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If we can believe that in Jerusalem, John was intelligent enough to read and write and have a understanding of the manuscripts of his time and ancient manuscripts preserved and referenced from earlier times.....then we could assume he wrote Revelations or at least contributed writings left behind by him for prosperity.

If you attempt to explain the exiled John from the moment of stepping foot on the isle of Patmos, you have to consider what John would eat as sustenance ..... Fish would be probable, then there is foraging for roots and plants and berries and even fungi, shrubbery etc.

One cannot discount that what may have been foraged contained properties and chemicals that would cause hallucinations when taken in small quantities.

Here’s the plausible hypothesis ..... he knows what he knows about Jesus, John being learned in past writings would know revelation elements in other writings by previous writers i.e. possibly The War Scroll from the Dead Sea Scrolls etc....John, even in his exile misses Jesus dearly, the second coming Judgement day lost traction since it didn’t happen during his remaining time with the other apostles. In that....he now finds himself isolated and bitter in his current situation. Life on the island of Patmos is pretty boring and unbearable at times. “What’s my legacy going to be” he wonders...time on the island gives him time to try foraged things to eat.

Enter the hallucinogen. John finds a hallucinogen on the island. Mandrake is a candidate for this. It is known now to be in the region back then.....

They Were Right: 7 Medicinal Plants Used by Ancient Greek Physicians

www.greece-is.com...

Much like a Shaman that uses plants, roots, etc to commune with the god(s), John may have, through trial and error created a safe to use hallucinogen.

Now you have the elements that may have been used for the writings of revelations. Those elements are... 1) the need of Jesus and wanting to see him, 2) the bitterness of not seeing the second coming and judgement day, and 3) the mandrake concoction.

I venture to say, if John wrote the complete revelations... it was over the course of time. It wasn’t written overnight.

No one could say if this is what happened or not. No one could say, if experiencing a hallucination he actually witnessed and wrote all that is now written in revelations or he wrote it from his own thoughts under the influence of a hallucinogen or a mix of both conditions.

Fact is..... we have a book that describes the end times, and it certainly looks like we are experiencing some of that now with increased natural disasters.

Something to ponder.

I write this not to violate the warning of Rev. 22:18-19, but to hypothesize in modern day terms and thinking with what is known today of medicinal and chemical sciences in novice laymen’s terms.

If a book or movie is made about my hypothesis. Credit is mine, you read it here first. 👍🏼😉
edit on 13-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join