It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember 9/11 and Remember Joe Biden Voted 'No Go' on the Raid to Kill Osama Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As we all REMEMBER what happened on this somber date 19 years ago today...REMEMBER, too, that VP Joe Biden voted 'NO GO' when consulted by the President as to whether or not we should initiate the raid which would ultimately kill the man personally responsible for planning and executing the horrific attack on the WTC and the Pentagon.

If Joe Biden had been the President...Osama bin Laden would either still be alive...or would've died comfortably in his bed of old age, surrounded by family and loved ones.

Think about this as you go to VOTE....Think about this as we all REMEMBER.

"Vice President Joe Biden confessed this weekend that he advised President Obama not to launch the mission that ultimately killed Osama bin Laden last spring."

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 11-9-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He was also in Congress back in the day when Clinton was suckling up to Hussein and giving others a pass over there.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Did he actually vote no though? Was there a vote?

Or did he only counsel the potus on what he thought was best to do.
I don't agree with that counsel but I also don't see anything wrong with him doing so.

At that point bin was a weak sick old man. The kill was done for the headlines.

We should have got him during bush jr time as potus. That's when it really mattered.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I don't agree with that counsel but I also don't see anything wrong with him doing so.

We should have got him during bush jr time as potus. That's when it really mattered.

Make more excuses for Joe.

"Joe Biden has been wrong on almost every foreign policy and national security issue for the last four decades.”

-- Obama Secretary Of Defense, Robert Gates

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

We are talking about Joe. He probably thought they were asking him to go in that mission and he replied "Hell no ! ".

What Obama was asking him was to go "lunch", not "launch".

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Desperate semantics.

That just tells me that even the uninformed crowd like you know Biden is in trouble. The spin machine is in overdrive. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

One of the few things I can say Obama did right was the choice not to tell Pakistan beforehand. That could've been a big international incident. We essentially invaded Pakistan, we violated their sovereignty. But # them. They had bin Laden in their country for years and I have a hard time believing no one in their government knew. I'll give credit where credit is due, not telling them was the right choice.

Of course Biden was against it. He's wrong on everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
By far the worst president and first lady in the history of the United States.

edit on 11-9-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Isn’t that sweet, you making excuse after excuse there for Biden not wanting to get the guy that (supposedly) masterminded the deaths of thousands of Americans in one fell swoop?

What is that, miss? Why do you feel the need to explain why it was ok for him to not want to get the guy? Voted, advised, whatever. He didn’t want bin Laden gone. Why is that ok with you? We should have killed bin Laden during Bush’s presidency- “that’s when it really mattered.”

Do you hear yourself? What kind of weird-ass filter do you have on your brain that you can actually think it makes any sense to say “Eh, we didn’t get him when Bush was at the helm. Doesn’t matter now. “

Did it even once cross your brain to think, “Huh. I wonder WHY Biden didn’t want bin Laden dead?”

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Don't get me started on Michelle Obama. She is a racist POS.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Everything about 9/11, Afghanistan, bin Laden, Iraq, etc. was co-opted by the left to use against Bush. The media started working on it before the rubble stopped smoldering.

They dishonor the memories of those lost.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Pieces of sh!t, both of them
Could you imagine if Trump’s wife said that?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Joe Biden likes KKK, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Antifa, BLM.... I see a pattern emerging.

Please America, for the love of all that is holy...do NOT vote for Joe Biden, or we will all regret it.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Michael + Hussein = Traitors to America.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Kinda funny how we used to read on this site about Operation Neptune Spear never really happened and Bin Ladin was either already dead or still alive and the whole thing was faked.

But now we can use Joe Biden's advice at the time so that all changes.

Now honestly Neptune Spear was a huge risk for a lot of reasons and there where very good reasons not to launch and to advise against it. History is like that Obama went for it and the killed OBL, but it was a risk.

He didn't really vote he just advised against the operation.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Which demonstrates Biden's advice/opinion/vote is sh!t.
Dementia sucks.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

the general consenus on ATS is that OBL was just a patsy and it was a cover up for a 3 letter agency operation.

but now JB says something OBL is guilty, what does trump think happened on 911

Donald Trump says he knows who was ‘behind’ 9/11 as he attacks Bush - ‘It was NOT Iraq’

Mr Trump spoke out about the al-Qaeda terror attacks against the US on September 11 2001 that changed the world forever. The US President said Iraq had been wrongly blamed for 9/11 and branded it a “terrible decision” to wage war against the Middle East. He told ABC News: “It was a terrible decision to go into the Middle East. Terrible.

“And, by the way, Iraq did not knock down the World Trade Centre.

looks like trump and JB actually agree on something, wonder if their supporters will ever agree on anything

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Which demonstrates Biden's advice/opinion/vote is sh!t.
Dementia sucks.

Not really, i mean its a matter of opinion.

So at the time when you read the history of Operation Neptune Spear you learn that it was a very risky operation. I won't get into all the details but they did not know for sure that OBL was in that compound for certain, they had confidence but they did not have confirmation. I can recall Obama once saying he thought it was 50/50, now the odds I would expect to have been a bit better than that at the time but the point is they had no way of knowing for sure he was there until they put boots on the ground.

So really what happened was that America sent troops into a foreign sovereign state (they invaded) deployed those troops near a large military installation, to assassinate a terrorist (with no trial). The biggest risk for the Americans at the time was that they would have another Mogadishu on their hands but only this time with less than 100 troops on the ground and in a country with a nuclear deterrent and impressive military and with a chance they might not get their man.

The risk was pretty epic.

They had other options on the table for how they could have dealt with the situation, one option looked at was a drone strike for example.

Now I personally disagree with Biden's advise but I have the benefit of hindsight.

edit on 11-9-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

We do know that Joe not only voting for both wars but was a leading member to get others to vote. Many hours of him talking in front of Congress to go to war...

Then 2012 comes a long and he slammed Paul Ryan for voting for the wars while saying he was against them...

So who knows here in he will switch in a second as long as it is in his favor. He most likely was against it and then when it politically worked out to be good he most likely said he was the one that told Obama to go in...lol

I'm just amazed that so many on the left let him just say what he wants no matter what, or maybe they can not remember past last week and Joe knows that.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ironic, that captured Bin Laden docs (from the raid)...exposed plans for a OBL plot to make Biden President by killing Obama.

Why?

...Because OBL considered Biden a weak and unprepared leader that "will lead the U.S. into crisis".

Bin Laden wanted to assassinate Obama, make 'totally unprepared' Biden president

Osama bin Laden wanted to assassinate then-President Barack Obama, in part so that the “totally unprepared” Joseph R. Biden would become president.

The assessment of Mr. Biden, now the presumed 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, came in documents seized by U.S. forces in the 2011 raid that killed bin Laden.

“The reason for concentrating on them is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency,” bin Laden wrote.

“Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis.

(size/bolding mine)
www.washingtontimes.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join