It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient maths and the number 108

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is ancient Indian Maths , on the importance of the number 108 how did the ancients know that the average distance from the Earth to the Sun was a 108 suns diameters, and how did they know that the distance from the moon to Earth is 108 moon diameters.Very interesting little lecture by Praveen on the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I love this guy's channel(s) Praveen Mohan. Very pragmatic and level-headed fellow that has interesting content (if you can get past the high pitch voice.)

I am commenting before watching the vid, but I do know that they chant the mahamantra 108 times on the 108 lotus seeds that make up the Hindu rosary.

It definitely has a mystical quality

edit on 11-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i've seen him...i need this for my investing

108 times pi is probably close to the number of days in a year..

thinking thinking
edit on 11-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I wish Y tube would pull this video because I don't want any
one else to know this. I'm a miser of knowledge.

SnF

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Yes he certainly comes up with some interesting things.In one of his Vids the tales tell. of the monkey people building a bridge to Sri Lanka for Rama.I wonder if that was Neanderthals during the water inundation after the end of the last ice age. Here's part two.

edit on 11-9-2020 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I love this guy's channel(s) Praveen Mohan. Very pragmatic and level-headed fellow that has interesting content (if you can get past the high pitch voice.)

Actually, he's either a complete idiot or purposefully lying in basically every video he puts out.

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

We are having a Harte attack.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Actually, he's either a complete idiot or purposefully lying in basically every video he puts out.

Harte

That's a pretty hyperbolic statement. Can you point to one specific lie or example of him being an idiot?

I especially watch his vids on ancient stonework sculpture and architecture.

If you got the debunks, I'm listening.

edit on 11-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

This guy is great. I love how he pleads for his 2% error margin.

“C’mon guys please, Im doing this on the fly......”

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is the meaning of the number 108. To understand its sacred significance, you need to acquire a background in the mathematics of "holistic systems." It is little known that the sacred geometries of the world's religions embody an analogous, or isomorphic, mathematical design that governs these systems, all of which (to quote a particular religion) are "made in the "image of God". This mystical knowledge, or gnosis, has been known only to a few throughout the ages...

All I can tell you is this: the blueprint that maps all levels of reality is composed of two halves. I won't tell you what one half consists of but I will reveal what the other is. It consists of an equilateral triangle, a square, a pentagon and a dodecagon enfolded in one another so that they share one side. The "Rosetta Stone" that deciphers sacred geometries into organised hierachies of information about holistic systems is the Pythagorean tetractys, each of its 10 dots denoting spiritual and scientific aspects of this information through laws of correspondence that can be given rigorous, mathematical expression. It is easily verified that the number of dots that line the sides of the 24 tetractyses making up these four enfolded, regular polygons is 108. The other half of the map also has 108 dots lining its set of polygons, as it must have, being the exact, other half, although they are NOT mirror images of each other. So the number 108 measures the shape of each half of the very blueprint that incodes information about ALL HOLISTIC SYSTEMS, e.g., the structure and dynamics of superstrings and the material and subtle form of human beings. Both halves have 216 dots lining their boundaries, where 216 = 3^3 + 4^3 + 5^3 = 6^3. Such a beautiful arithmetic property is characteristic of the design of holsitic systems. An example of this number is the 216 lines and broken lines making up the 36 hexagrams in a diagonal half of the 8x8 array of 64 hexagrams used in the ancient Chinese I Ching system of divination. There are many other examples. In fact it is embodied in anything that possesses TRUE sacred geometry.

The number 108 is just one of a set of parameters that quantify any holistic system. Another is 496. Theoretical physicists will know what that number signifies.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This stuff is really awesome and like a brand new shinny
red bicycle I never got for Christmas. But got a better one
on my birthday. lol

Who cares about his voice I can deal with it as long as i'm
fascinated I'm happy. Thanks for posting amigo good job.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

i've seen him...i need this for my investing

108 times pi is probably close to the number of days in a year..

thinking thinking

Compare the catholic rosary to Mala prayer beads
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 11 Sep 2020 12:42:10 -0500pm12America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Harte

That's a pretty hyperbolic statement. Can you point to one specific lie or example of him being an idiot?

I especially watch his vids on ancient stonework sculpture and architecture.

If you got the debunks, I'm listening.

Let's start with the fact that the moon is slowly moving away from earth, and at one time was much closer than 108 dia. away.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah , all that stuff is related to the Pentagon
and it's geometry.
Golden Ratio stuff basicly.

I've dabbled with it , but never to the point of it
a cult-ural / personal obsession like others.
It's interesting /fun to play with, but I
don't need to use it to
"rock the vote" in my favor,
Because I have learned how to just
"go with the flow"
"The Great Wallet-less One" has
got me covered.
My desires are few.
My waters are still.
Drama has no friend in me.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Chicago Cubs and the 108 coincidences.

108 years. 108 stitches on a baseball. Last time they won was on 10/8. Movies that showed the Cubs winning the World Series were 108 minutes long.

Maybe there is something to this 108 thing after all.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity LOL
I absolutely stand by what I said about him. I've been through too many of his videos in various Facebook groups.

That's where the real action is these days. LOL

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Harte

You ever see the one where he laid his smartphone down in a temple?

He was astounded, astounded I tell ya, that his phone compass showed that the temple aligned perfectly with magnetic north! How'd those clever Hindus know that way back when? I mean, he could understand aligning with other things like the Sun or stars or whatever, but magnetic north? Who ever heard of such a thing?

Now, check out the Earth's magnetic declination in Cambodia. Magnetic north almost perfectly aligns with geographic north. A line of zero declination runs right through Cambodia. And has for millennia.

That's an idiot. Or, like I said, a liar.
I'd prefer to think of him as an idiot, because I have fun watching his vids.

Harte

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Relax and listen to OM chanted a 108 times.

new topics

top topics

join