It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Investigator Geniuses Wipe Cell Phones Ahead of Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And yet you have trumps doj and intelligence agencies that have access to all the data that was transmitted over networks on those phones without the need to physically have the phones.

but lets just overlook that as trumps doj plays along with the narrative and none of them are held accountable.

edit on 18930America/ChicagoThu, 10 Sep 2020 22:18:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Old computers and 'phones are cycled out and replaced regularly by government mandate.

This is because older equipment often has security compromises, which get patched in newer ones and newer tech usually has better features, too. So there is good reason to remove the equipment from service.

Then there is the issue of either storing mountains of useless junk, or simply destroying it in a manner where it cannot be used to compromise security, and so old tech gets destroyed on a fixed schedule as new equipment is rolled out.

There are government standards documents that give guidance as to how to securely dispose of old tech.

These guys did nothing wrong. They were following government best practice. 'Phones and similar personal computing devices are not considered valid governmental archival storage.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Muller was clearly not interested in getting to the bottom of the Russian hacking allegations, a bit like his role on the 9/11 commission. There where a lot of people willing to provide testimony that challenged the narrative, but as a master cover uper, deleting inconvenient evidence is just part of the job.

Muller looked like a fool by the time he gave his conclusions into the investigation. The whole thing was just a propaganda campaign for the fake news.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Besides the obvious NSA database, it's entirely possible that the data is still on the phones.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

These guys did nothing wrong. They were following government best practice. 'Phones and similar personal computing devices are not considered valid governmental archival storage.

Ummm..... yeah they actually did do something wrong.
This is from the discussion of Page’s exit form....

- Sounds good to me! Per Jennie - Please make sure sbe doesn't delete any text messages offof her DOJ iPhone, if any. Everything else should be saved on her H drive on JCON and in her email. This will be good for me as tbe RSO to go behind and see how that function works.

www.justice.gov...

The link provided will help educate you on the subject, it’s only 80 some pages long but an interesting read.

edit on 11-9-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Ummm..... yeah they actually did do something wrong.
This is from the discussion of Page’s exit form....

- Sounds good to me! Per Jennie - Please make sure sbe doesn't delete any text messages offof her DOJ iPhone, if any. Everything else should be saved on her H drive on JCON and in her email. This will be good for me as tbe RSO to go behind and see how that function works.

www.justice.gov...

The link provided will help educate you on the subject, it’s only 80 some pages long but an interesting read.

I read through the doco.

It said that there were no text messages on Page's 'phone. The box marked "Messaging" said "No" (page 25 of 87).

It also says that the normal SCO policy is to 'reuse phones' and not 'hold' (page 27 of 87).

It also said that phones were returned to the IT staff to be wiped and reissued. That doesn't sound like anyone expected them to need to be retained in perpetuity. (page 36 of 87).

Sounds like the standard operating procedure was followed, to me, and Judicial Watch, as usual, is misrepresenting things to get headlines.

We'll see if the court (rather than the press and Facebork pundits) makes a case out of this, won't we?

edit on 11/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

She was asked not to delete text messages off of her ph, she did anyway.

Honestly I don’t care either way, the evidence of a cover up in the DOJ is so overwhelming and obvious that it’s somewhat of a moot point to me. If you want to try and justify extremely obvious and corrupt actions, have fun with that.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I wonder how many phones and portable devices seized, were NOT wiped?

If the answer is "most", that would be a surefire tipoff that wiping these devices is not a "best practice proper procedure", as you stated.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

The FBI-DOJ asked for Hillary's, Huma's, Cheryl's (Cheryl Mills) cell phones and BlackBerrys.

They destroyed them with hammers.

The DOJ-FBI (Loretta Lynch and James Comey) didn't give a crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

She was asked not to delete text messages off of her ph, she did anyway.

Honestly I don’t care either way, the evidence of a cover up in the DOJ is so overwhelming and obvious that it’s somewhat of a moot point to me. If you want to try and justify extremely obvious and corrupt actions, have fun with that.

The request for Page 'not to erase her text messages' was made to BAM (Beth McGarrity perhaps?) at 3:32 on the afternoon of 13th July. (Page 6).

However, it is clear that at the time, BAM was already in a meeting with Page that began at 3:30 PM (pages 6 & 7) when the request was sent. It was probable that BAM only read the e-mail after the meeting.

There is also the inference that there were tight time constraints on the meeting between BAM and Page (page 7).

It is entirely reasonable that this request was not delivered to Page in time to prevent her from resetting her 'phone.

Page surrendered her 'phone and it was fully signed off, on the 14th July (pages 19 to 25).

This was an entirely normal and amicable change of role after the job had been done. The people involved were highly credentialed as honest workers within the DOJ and they were following what were clearly standard operating procedures done on the change of role such as this.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I wonder how many phones and portable devices seized, were NOT wiped?

If the answer is "most", that would be a surefire tipoff that wiping these devices is not a "best practice proper procedure", as you stated.

Not necessarily. As mentioned, the IT staff were expected to routinely wipe 'phones as part of their role. I imagine that if a staff member left abruptly, or was unable to perform a reset, that there was contingency for those situations.

It would be interesting, though, to see if there were any phones returned which had not been wiped. Generally, the same thing happened to all the 'phone back after the DNC hacks, if you recall. I don't remember any texts being recovered in that case, either (but it could have happened). If you have any such supportive data, please post it.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I'll be sure to get your help if any Trump people wipe their phones before any investigations. Your expert opinions on the matter should help greatly.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'll be sure to get your help if any Trump people wipe their phones before any investigations. Your expert opinions on the matter should help greatly.

Why not just refer to government guidelnes:

Guidelines for Media Sanitization - NIST

Disposal and Destruction - CDSE

Proper Disposal of Electronic Devices - DHS CISA

What Are Current Data Destruction Standards? - CompuCycle

Data erasure
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You are missing the point. This is destruction of evidence if the materials regarding the Mueller investigation were ordered to be preserved. Do you think Durham failed to request all materials regarding the russia investigation be preserved and turned over for review?

You are free to spin it however you like, but if those phones contained records material to his investigation they would fall under such an order, and their destruction alone could be considered obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence and destroying government records.

Time for the lawyers to lawyer up.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

One of the phones even wiped itself!

thefederalist.com...

That phone had to be a registered Democrat !! 😆

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Proves there's still hundreds of Obama deep leftovers and implants operating on the inside !! 👀🤫

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

These incidents were not part of replacement. The phones were being handed over to an Inspector General for investigation.

And the "owners" of equipment don't do the destroying.

Don't become as dense as these idiots were and still are LOL 😆😆😆

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just have to say that the only way that I have had a phone lose all of its data was when it fell into the toilet.
I have had many phones.
I have been to the point of my iPhone settings where it would have erased everything, and it was a series of deliberate acts that got me to that point, but I did not have to do it in the end. The point is that it isn't something that you do accidentally.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

The FBI-DOJ asked for Hillary's, Huma's, Cheryl's (Cheryl Mills) cell phones and BlackBerrys.

They destroyed them with hammers.

The DOJ-FBI (Loretta Lynch and James Comey) didn't give a crap.

When I enter my password (I’ve somehow forgotten) one to many times, I always take a hammer to my ph....don’t you?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenmonet

You are missing the point. This is destruction of evidence if the materials regarding the Mueller investigation were ordered to be preserved. Do you think Durham failed to request all materials regarding the russia investigation be preserved and turned over for review?

You are free to spin it however you like, but if those phones contained records material to his investigation they would fall under such an order, and their destruction alone could be considered obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence and destroying government records.

Time for the lawyers to lawyer up.

Yes, I do think Durham failed to request for the materials, prior to their destruction.

It is clear that these were erased or destroyed years ago and the requests went in afterwards or too late. That is what is shown by this current release of correspondence.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join