It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I made the cheerleaders squad!

All 12 of them?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Silly man, we Conservatives watch our stock portfolios grow, watch our privilege blossom, and watch our funny talking servants industriously clean our homes and prepare our meals. We have plenty to watch!

No, I meant on your 120" 4K television.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
...and Smokey & the Bandit to watch.

Sorry, that's been SJW'd to Fresh Air Person and the Minority Stealing Because They're Financially Repressed.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Staring at MyRoidPillow, alone, beats watching anything on Netflix these days.

I have the pet bed version.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is the best thing ever to happen to the NFL.
Wish it had happened years ago when I was trying to pry friends away from the TV to play music or go to the mountains.
It amazes me how people with zero connection to a city can be rabid fans of their football team.
Them: "I love the Steelers!"
Me: have you ever been to Pittsburgh?
Them: No.
edit on 11-9-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Silly man, we Conservatives watch our stock portfolios grow, watch our privilege blossom, and watch our funny talking servants industriously clean our homes and prepare our meals. We have plenty to watch!

No, I meant on your 120" 4K television.

Still applicable... I can stream my Schwabb Brokerage ticker to that screen and watch the feeds of my various security and monitoring cameras projecting both my privilege and my servants' labors on the same TV thanks to the glory of technology. Oh, and I also can watch reruns of programs produced before the world went nucking futz on us. All in the Family, Andy Griffith, Happy Days, COPS, etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I made the cheerleaders squad!

All 12 of them?

There’s enough of me to go around

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You will survive the professional sport zombie apocalypse then.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Speaking of which, hopefully they don't throw the football near you otherwise it will go around. In orbit.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Speaking of which, hopefully they don't throw the football near you otherwise it will go around. In orbit.

It’ll give Gunther something to play with

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Wah wah wah! So much whining and bitching. I think it’s great what the NFL and the NBA are doing, along with the MLB. Get with the times. Racism will no longer be tolerated. The majority of fans like me will be watching.

Seeing that most teams in the NBA and NFL have a preponderance of blacks, we should institute a strict race-and-gender-based quota policy based on percentages of people in the population and not consider skill sets. The championships would be determined using the new Oscar criteria. All would receive participation trophies, including the fans.

Many ex-fans only wanted to see the entertainers play ball and don't like overpaid, self-important people with "athlete privilege" lecturing them. These escapades will further reduce the fan base and it may not recover as the leagues wither on the vine.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

We have something of a rarity; I agree with every single word you wrote.

Well, we could always mention Global Warming if it'll make you feel better.

It is nice to agree. I suspect we are actually not far off from each other in principle, just we prefer different approaches to common solutions.

But 'bending the knee' has become a somewhat empty gesture with people just going through the motions.

Nail - head - direct hit.

Actual racism is not what BLM or Antifa say it is... true racism is the judging of another's abilities or worth to society based on their race. It is just as racist to say someone is smart because they are white as it is to say someone is not smart because they are black. Either statement is racist, and of course, either statement is absolutely inaccurate. Race has nothing to do with intelligence.

Racism, now... I have noticed that most racists tend to be a little on the challenged side in the neural optimization department. That could just be my personal bias of course.

Bullying, humiliating and belittling people - most of whom are not racist despite what these BLM, Antifa idiots would have everyone believe - just creates divisions or gets people's backs up.

Bullying, humiliating, and belittling others is what was once used against blacks before the civil rights era. That is bigotry defined, and when directed over race it is racism defined.

The biggest racists in the US today (and I would assume England as well) are the ones who claim to be fighting racism while practicing it openly and wantonly.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

So now NASCAR is suspending people without even stating why specifically they were suspended?

I used to want to drive for NASCAR... actually got serious enough to write them about the possibility. Never worked out, though... their rulebook at the time was already so specific it took the engineering side of hotrodding out of the sport.

Today? I don't even know who the various racers are (although I did recognize the name "Mike Wallace").

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The NFL is not trying to promote communism. They simply want people to come together and quite frankly if you're against that you have serious problems.

The NFL should not be promoting politics at all. It's a ball game! Not a political debate show!

As for "coming together," I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. I used to think it meant to compromise and work together for a common goal, but it seems there are no common goals and thus no possible compromises left. If your goal is to subjugate me, we''re not going to compromise on that... we're going to deadlock over it because I will not support it in any way!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I won't speak for anyone else, but all this 'woke' BS has made me MORE racist, not less.

I will go this far: if I still ran a business and was interviewing someone black for a position, any word out of their mouth that could be considered as "woke" would be a strike against them. Similar with a white person, but admittedly to a lesser extent. I don't consider that as much racism as pragmatic problem anticipation.

Making someone dangerous to others around them is never conducive to helping them integrate.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The NFL should not be promoting politics at all. It's a ball game! Not a political debate show!

I feel the same way! And for all sports. We are paying them to entertain us with the sports we love. Be it cable fees or ticket prices, we only want to see sports and nothing else. All this taking knee crap and political statements are not in the best interest of the fans as well as the organizations.

Honestly, it should be part of the contract. Keep your mouth shut about anything that does not have to do with what we are paying you for, or you are gone.

The same goes for Hollywood. Just because they are popular with the public does not mean that they have any right to use that fame to try and force their political views on us. They should be forced by who pays them to shut up as well.

In reality, the only entertainment I will watch now is old movies, old game re-runs ... etc. I will not watch any entertainment where the paid actors try and preach anything to me , other than their ability to act or play.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I’ve been to Pittsburgh. I still don’t care for the Steelers.

But I have found a better for me activity anyway...finding geocaches. Super easy to do now with an app on the phone.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Wah wah wah! So much whining and bitching. I think it’s great what the NFL and the NBA are doing, along with the MLB. Get with the times. Racism will no longer be tolerated. The majority of fans like me will be watching.
Apparently, dozens of non-white ethnic groups don’t know about systemic racism. When will they wake up?!?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Sometimes i think this country is just to far gone. Everyone wants to sit in their groups and talk about how bad the other side is. You know they are nazis or racists and then i see things that go you know what they may be right. It amazes me people would be against players trying to help when they see something wrong. Unless of course you are actually niave enough to believe there isnt racism. Hate to tell you there is alot still on both sides. Time to get rid of the hate and focus on working together.

When people say they dont want politics in their sports well where have you been? Poliyics has always been in sports i think what you mean to say is politics i dont like is in sports. You know the great thing about this country if you donr like something someone else does then get over it. if you have the players because you believe incorrectly i might add that they are somehow harming you then dont watch it. But to actively fight against it trying to remove their rights to express themselves has never worked out well in human history.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It amazes me people would be against players trying to help when they see something wrong.

Players have been doing that as long as I have been alive. The problem is how some are doing it now.

When I tune into a football game, I want to see football. I don't understand how that is hard to understand. I have plenty of shows to choose from if I want to see politics: the View, CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, local news on ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX several times a day, and about any late night talk show now. I have never flipped through a TV guide, seen a football game, and wondered to myself, "Self, I think I'll watch that to see what the players' politics are."

It has never happened and it never will happen. You need to understand that if you want to understand the problem,

Now, during the course of watching games, I will typically find a few players that I like and hold in high esteem. If I see them promoting a cause on an ESPN interview, I have no problem with that; the point of an ESPN interview is to become more familiar with the player. There's no game in progress during an interview. That's when one should promote their cause, because it is specific to their opinion. Maybe I'll agree; maybe I won't, but they can get their message out without becoming overbearing.

Just because I like someone, it does not follow that I am going to agree with whatever cause they support! I am allowed to make up my own damn mind! Just because I like Chrysler, it does not follow I will buy whatever car the local Chrysler salesman wants me to buy either. I get to make up my own damn mind. In both cases, push too hard and I will leave!

Unless of course you are actually niave enough to believe there isnt racism. Hate to tell you there is alot still on both sides. Time to get rid of the hate and focus on working together.

No, what you are calling "racism" is nothing more than people looking at life from their own unique perspectives. I am not black; that doesn't mean I am racist. It does mean that I look at life from my own perspective. I can have personal preferences that do not match the personal preferences of a black neighbor. He can have personal preferences that do not match mine. As long as I do not consider him less than fully human because of his skin color and he does not consider me less than fully human because of my skin color, there is no racism there.

People do not have to agree on every issue to end racism. if that is your definition, then what you are calling racism will never die.

You know the great thing about this country if you donr like something someone else does then get over it. if you have the players because you believe incorrectly i might add that they are somehow harming you then dont watch it. But to actively fight against it trying to remove their rights to express themselves has never worked out well in human history.

That's another way of saying "Shut up because my agenda is important." Nope. The great thing about America is people are able to express their views freely without fear of censorship... or were. Some people lately think their fame gives them some great mandate to shove their views down others' throats. It doesn't.

Take Colin Kaepernick (please!). Somewhere he got the idea that his personal cause meant more to people watching than the game did. He apparently felt it meant more to the people watching than their country did, based on his choice of when to kneel and indicate dismissal of what was going on. You can keep saying he didn't intend to insult America; fine, so you're saying he is a total idiot. Either way, he used his platform to insult and alienate people.

Now how did he get his platform? How did he get his moment of fame that allowed him to be seen? How did he get the advantages that were bought by the money he made as an NFL quarterback? He got all this from the fans. The fans bought tickets to the ball game; the fans watched the games en masse on TV and drove the ratings high; the fans bought merchandise from the NFL. All the money he got, all the TV time he got, was a direct result of the fans supporting the NFL and supporting him in the process. And his response to all that support was to try and shove his politics down their throats.

So now I will not watch the NFL nor support them in any way until and unless the day comes that every shred of this show of absolute disrespect is erased from history. That's going to be a tall order now... I want the team names back, I want the team spirit back, I want the political slogans gone, I want everyone involved with the NFL itself replaced, I want there to be a complete ban on any political statement whatsoever during any televised game, and I want every single team to be under new ownership.

Go ahead and tell me it won't happen; I agree. That means I will never watch another NFL game, buy another piece of NFL merchandise, or buy an NFL ticket. Look at this thread and see how many agree with me. Now tell me where all those multi-million-dollar salaries for the players are going to come from. They just messed in their own beds and now they get to sleep in them.

Oh, and how exactly am I refusing to allow anyone to speak their mind? Colin Kaepernick certainly got to speak his! He got to destroy an entire American institution speaking his mind! He can go preach on some street corner now while making minimum wage for all I care; he still has his freedom of speech. Me, though? You seem overly intent on refusing to listen to me or anyone who agrees with me... what about my freedom to decide what I do and don't like and express it? You just called that "unamerican" while telling me that Kaepernick should be able to shove his personal beefs against the cops down my throat any time and any place. That's a problem.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join