It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Pretty soon the only thing conservatives will have left to watch is an endless loop of MyPillow commercials.

Silly man, we Conservatives watch our stock portfolios grow, watch our privilege blossom, and watch our funny talking servants industriously clean our homes and prepare our meals. We have plenty to watch!

(post by mzinga removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I don't watch those either. I do enjoy reading about people like you trying to tell me what you prefer to believe he meant and what you prefer to believe I think and feel though. That's where I get my entertainment these days.

NSFW language.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have a problem with the "I don't want politics in my sport argument" because it operates under the assumption that sports, particularly football, has always been a-political.

Every October game is decked out in so much pink it looks like a cotton candy machine exploded. Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons everywhere you look, players wearing pink shoes & pink gloves. Not to mention November is the NFL's Salute-to-Service month, when they do pregame shows live from military bases. They sell camouflage jerseys and every coach on the sideline is decked out in military gear.

I watched the Packers @ Cowboys game last season and they couldn't go 10 minutes without cutting the camera to George W Bush's ugly mug as he sat in his private little booth watching Dallas get clobbered. What about the ritualistic flyovers after the anthem is played? That's gotta be expensive.

I could go on but the NFL has always been political, in various ways & to various degrees. If the BLM stuff bothers you, whatever, but if you say it's because you "watch football to get away from politics" then I wonder how much attention you ever paid the sport in the first place

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

The pink crap is ridiculous and emasculating.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It’s really the best night sleep in the whole wide world.

Speaking of wide world of sports, how's your mobility scooter football league coming along?

Good! I made the cheerleaders squad!

And I thought you’d hung up the pumps? Ohhhh the disappointment is long but congrats anyways for making the squad, Red, White and Blue Pom poms is a hope.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
I have a problem with the "I don't want politics in my sport argument" because it operates under the assumption that sports, particularly football, has always been a-political.

Every October game is decked out in so much pink it looks like a cotton candy machine exploded. Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons everywhere you look, players wearing pink shoes & pink gloves. Not to mention November is the NFL's Salute-to-Service month, when they do pregame shows live from military bases. They sell camouflage jerseys and every coach on the sideline is decked out in military gear.

I watched the Packers @ Cowboys game last season and they couldn't go 10 minutes without cutting the camera to George W Bush's ugly mug as he sat in his private little booth watching Dallas get clobbered. What about the ritualistic flyovers after the anthem is played? That's gotta be expensive.

I could go on but the NFL has always been political, in various ways & to various degrees. If the BLM stuff bothers you, whatever, but if you say it's because you "watch football to get away from politics" then I wonder how much attention you ever paid the sport in the first place

Yeah well, the military and cancer patients aren’t trying to burn down our cities and ruin people’s life’s either, so....there’s that.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

I don't disagree with disliking it, but how is breast cancer awareness political? For that matter, how is support of your own country's military political?

The flyovers, as I understand them, are one of those "the flights are part of standard Air Force routine practice flights, so why not fly over a full stadium or event?" things which essentially ad nothing to the costs for either the taxpayers or the events since they were scheduled to do formation flights anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I've heard that ESPN is doing its best to inject BLM nonsense into their broadcasts there too whatever the teams do on the field.

Oh you mean you haven't seen the episode where Kirk Herbstreit all but asks for a black man to ram a ding dong in his mouth????

Prepare yourself and grab a tissue, you'll need it for the tears you're about to shed from laughter. I haven't seen something this fake in a very long time.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Pretty soon the only thing conservatives will have left to watch is an endless loop of MyPillow commercials.

Have you ever had the best night's sleep in the whole wide world? If you haven't, visit my pillow........ dot com.

I'll always have Knight Rider, Back to the Future I, II, & III, The Goonies, Explorers, and Smokey & the Bandit to watch.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kinda coppery I would imagine after a bit of aging for the blood stains.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yep.

Odd how so few seem to realize that...

Or maybe it's not, given the lack of education about such matters these days.
edit on 9/11/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/11/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
FWIW not a big fan nof Trump Rallies or Biden Rallies or any other rallies for that matter, certainly don't watch them and can't stand the political speak these guys have to go through, LOL throwing in the ads now and there is another couple of billion dollars wasted to try and convince what the 10-15% of undecided voters ,what a waste.

Its like with the pink uni's etc. the NFL gives about .12 cents for every dollar made off of the pink NFL mercandise. They make loads of that and it's annoying too.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Staring at MyRoidPillow, alone, beats watching anything on Netflix these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

I don't like politics in my sports.

Not even a year ago, a skinhead and NAACP member could sit next to each other during a football game and high five each other after a good play. It was real unity. Then all of this came along, the athletes opened their mouths, and now they've successfully divided the one thing that actually brought people together, and they did it under the lie that it's for unity.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kinda coppery I would imagine after a bit of aging for the blood stains.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Oh wow, an Ohio State Buckeye blubbering like a goddamned baby over a twisted perception of "unfairness" being at the root of personal failures rather than recognizing the value of personal responsibility and consequences for actions. Who could have seen that coming?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Just out of curiosity, how are the European football clubs treating this, or is there even anything happening??

To be honest, I've been kinda afraid to look...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Freeborn

Just out of curiosity, how are the European football clubs treating this, or is there even anything happening??

To be honest, I've been kinda afraid to look...

I would assume their players collapse on the spot, clutching at their chests, gasping for breath, and crying for a respirator hood the instant anyone coughs within 10 feet of them. Seems to be how that "sport" handles any sort of physical adversity.
edit on 11-9-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Staring at MyRoidPillow, alone, beats watching anything on Netflix these days.

You mean you're not all engrossed by Cuties?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join