It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Trust me, you're not the majority. And I can promise you that all those black players who are racist now will still be just as racist when they wake up in the morning, as will the white ones. The show they're putting on won't do anything but drive the divide further.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: putnam6

You tune in for kickoff? I tuned in 30 mins after kickoff to avoid nonsense.

Id not tune in but Mahomes is a Raider and i have to support

TTU fan? Nice, I like watching them when they have a good season. They're my favorite Big 12 team.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

So, how do the actions of NFL, NBA and MLB actually reduce racism?

The constant berating, belittling and moralising towards their fans and audience is alienating huge sections of society.
The labelling of people as 'racist' who in reality aren't racist in any way, shape or form is counter productive and is incredibly divisive.

People watch sport to be entertained, they don't want this stuff continuously rammed down their throats like some Nazi/Communist Party propaganda.

They've made their point now get on with the bloody game.

2020 has been hard for people, these sports 'people' would gain more respect and be appreciated a damn sight more if they just got on with playing the games they get paid remarkably well for doing.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's the real problem.

Colin Kaepernick could have trained his little heart out and dropped the attitude, made himself into a 1st string rather than a barely 2nd string quarterback, gone on to win a Superbowl, and he would have had a solid platform to talk from. Hell, look at Joe Namath! He's still relevant, and the man is old as the hills! He advertises for Medicare Supplement plans now.

Kaepernick could have made a real difference and brought people together on issues. He could have gone down in history as the man who put an end to police brutality and racism in the USA. Instead, he decided to show his butt, tick off a bunch of fans who weren't real sure about him anyway, and become one of the most despised people in football. His legacy will be as the jerk who helped destroy American football.

The NFL themselves could have stopped this too... I don't just blame Kaepernick. The NFL could have kicked him off the team (probably improving their record in the process), made a statement that Kaepernick was expressing his own views and that they did not extend to the owners, coaching staff, or employees of the NFL, and it would have been a blurb on the news. Instead, the NFL took up the fight against themselves and shot themselves in the foot with an RPG.

I dunno what it is, but people in this country seem to have this warped, insane notion that burning down their own house will garner support from others. It won't. All it does is show the absolute idiocy of someone who is stupid enough to burn down their own house.

This is where the division is coming from in America. The "woke" among us can claim otherwise all they want, but it is they who are ticking off everyone else. Football was a joy to watch at one time... Politics wasn't important for a few precious hours; liberals and conservatives alike could agree on a team and watch the game together. That's the unity we're missing. Now, all that is gone, and it ain't coming back any time soon.

The NBA is gone... MLB is history... even NASCAR is forever tainted now. Every avenue of agreement has been corrupted beyond repair. Lit fuse, meet powder.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We have something of a rarity; I agree with every single word you wrote.
We face exactly the same issues here in the UK.

Yes, prominent sportsmen and women can use their high profile roles to highten awareness about racism and fight against racist practices.
But it sort of loses its impact and effectiveness when every run of the mill journeyman jumps on the bandwagon - sometimes giving the impression that their primary concern is raising their own profile - and seeks to denigrate and pontificate.

Racism has to be opposed whenever and wherever it raises its head.
But 'bending the knee' has become a somewhat empty gesture with people just going through the motions.

The fight against racism is best served through education.....and I don't mean in a woke, snowflakey sort of way.
Bullying, humiliating and belittling people - most of whom are not racist despite what these BLM, Antifa idiots would have everyone believe - just creates divisions or gets people's backs up.
Moralising and the constant drip feed just cause people to disengage, their eyes glaze over and they will do anything other than listen to the propaganda they are being force fed.

Essentially I watch sport(s) for one reason; because I enjoy it.
I want to sit in my chair, with a couple of cold one's and watch my team and shout at the TV and cheer another winner home without worrying for a couple of hours about the world going to rat # all around me.
I want to switch off and be entertained.
I want to watch the match in the pub with my mates and take the piss out of the players and each other.

I don't want to have to listen to some racist scumbag rhyming on - anyone trying that will get a short, sharp shock and put firmly in their place - nor do I want to listen to some boring twat preaching to me about how racist I am.

I just want to watch some sport.....its really not #ing hard at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

How are the players racist?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Colin Kaepernick could have trained his little heart out and dropped the attitude, made himself into a 1st string rather than a barely 2nd string quarterback, gone on to win a Superbowl, and he would have had a solid platform to talk from.

Well there's your problem. Those things are just so white: hard work, can-do attitude, rugged individualism, striving to succeed, and as we all know, anything deemed "white" is oppressive and another way The Man keeps people like Kaepernick down.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Negroids can be racist

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just watched the morning local news about the game. Man, they got booed...and with almost no one in the stadium. Showed me that even the diehard fans thinks this little pageant is total BS.

Give it up lefty's, no one likes you anymore. The vast majority of us are sick and tired of your childish and insane behavior.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Well, how many of the people in the stands have had to endure force racial sensitivity training at their jobs where they're basically captive audiences who can't say squat? Now it follows them into their off time entertainment, and they're paying for the privilege?

I don't blame them for booing.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

100% this! If anything...and I hate to say it all the BLM crap may just have made things worse in regards to racism for both white and black people and seems to be getting worse by the minute. This entire movement is NOT about racism its about destruction and division and i feel sorry for anyone who can't see through the BS.

I personally hope this goes away soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So just out of curiosity whats wrong with unity? I personally think sports has the ability to bring veryone together. Not sure why someone would think that the NFL trying to bring people together is bad. You kind of have to ba well i wont say it i will be nice,

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So just out of curiosity whats wrong with unity? I personally think sports has the ability to bring veryone together. Not sure why someone would think that the NFL trying to bring people together is bad. You kind of have to ba well i wont say it i will be nice,

How do you bring people together through the most divisive movement ever?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

How do you bring people together by telling one side how terrible they are and the other side how much they are being victimized by "them"?

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Wah wah wah! So much whining and bitching. I think it’s great what the NFL and the NBA are doing, along with the MLB. Get with the times. Racism will no longer be tolerated. The majority of fans like me will be watching.

So um yea....the rich white people having you believe racism won't be tolerated any longer by shooting children and burning police stations are funding your perception with things like this:

The Jesuit Refugee Service received $ 176,452 from Soros in 2018 to “support migrant rights” in Latin America. The Spanish Jesuit Migrant Service received $ 75,000 since its founding in 2016 and $ 151,125 in 2018. Jesuit Worldwide Learning USA received $ 890,000 in 2016 and another $ 410,000 in 2018, the only Catholic NGO to list Open Society as one of its “partners” on its website, Tosatti writes.

In total, George Soros’ donations to Jesuit foundations totaled $ 1,702,577 over the past four years. The funding is particularly controversial due to Open Society’s aggressive support of abortion, gay marriage, drug liberalization and Islamization of the West. Over the past four years, the Soros Foundation has donated nearly $ 12 million to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and its US political arm, the Planned Parenthood Action Fund.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Good luck with that anti-racism thing though, it's really working out well with all the private property burnings and torched police stations....did I say dead kids?
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago0708699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And then there's this ...

You are also talking about a movement that cries about systemic racism and injustice, but loves them some places like China, especially when we're talking about the NBA.

This is *that* China that has actual concentration camps to systematically oppress and imprison it's own minorities.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
And another NASCAR suspension, Mike Wallace.
thecapitalsportsreport.com...
I hope he doesn't cave, simply retired with his convictions and dignity intact.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I'm not sure why the post they are claiming he was suspended for was offensive, unless it was the whole "silence is violence" BS. He didn't say something, so he wasn't supportive enough, and that hurt their widdle feelz.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

I dont believe anyone in the NFL said you were terrible. Im guessing you just have some bias so you hear what you want to.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The longtime NFL announcer’s comments came after the Chiefs locked arms in unity during the playing of the Black national anthem. The team was also on the field for “The Star-Spangled Banner” in which most players either locked arms or put their hands over their hearts. At least one player knelt and put a fist in the air. The Texans were not out for the song.

WTF? The “black” national anthem? I’m so done with this woke BS and any sport that supports it in this manner. Racing it is for me.

In other news.... Bubba Wallace has left Petty racing, haven’t heard if he was leaving NASCAR though. I know when he crashes they applaud, when he’s introduced, he’s been booed, after the “bubba rope” debacle. Could that be why he’s leaving I wonder, IDK....?

Yeah, people are sick of this crap. Go woke, go broke, go home.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join