It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I won't be watching the NFL this season. I've watched it for 30+ years. If college ball starts this I will not watch it anymore either.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Time for some advertiser boycotts

NFL kickoff game is sold out on TV, with double-digit revenue increase over 2019.......

As a result, advertisers are paying to attached their goods and services to the game.

“Tonight’s NFL Kickoff game is sold out, with revenue up double digits vs. 2019 and the average cost per 30-second spot near $900,000,” an NBC spokesperson said on Thursday.

Drive the point home - more money than brains imo

edit on 9102020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: putnam6

Because.....ticket sales and money....for the large corporation that is the NFL.

Now try that with your home town league and see how fast you're shut down.

Ticket sales are shot for 2020. Teams especially the ones with shiny new stadiums are getting loads of defaults on PSL's as well these are people who are likely not to return till things settle down and get better financially. As for TV we will see bt I'd bet ratings will be off I know they are off for the NBA and likely for the MLB.

Think it will be a huge paradigm shift in the next few years a correction if you will where sports and Hollywood entertainment just aren't profitable as before like a lot less profitable.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure of the significance of the Houston Texans staying in their locker room for the National Anthem and the other song??

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Well, I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial.

LOL seriously been geeked all day and watching the opening and it turned me off completely. Watched the NFL since 73 and I just don't know if I can stomach this every game. They have taken the distraction the game was to millions and now I really don't give a crap. LOL, I'll read a book or something. I suspected they would screw it up and they did.

You just aint woke enough. What sports need now more than ever is transgender transspecies transrace announcers .
edit on 48930America/ChicagoThu, 10 Sep 2020 21:48:40 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Welp ... that was good. Done now.

We missed the opening woke stuff because we had practice. So we watched the remainder of the first half, turned it off for half time to miss any possible wokeness there, and were doing good until just now when some sideline reporter chick started blathering on about players and coaches and officials honoring the names of social justice people ...

And TV remote ... and OFF.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I'm not sure of the significance of the Houston Texans staying in their locker room for the National Anthem and the other song??

If the song was, "Baby Shark" then I'd be in support.

But it's the Nat'l Anthem.

So #### 'em.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Just announcers? What about players?

link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: putnam6
Well, I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial.

LOL seriously been geeked all day and watching the opening and it turned me off completely. Watched the NFL since 73 and I just don't know if I can stomach this every game. They have taken the distraction the game was to millions and now I really don't give a crap. LOL, I'll read a book or something. I suspected they would screw it up and they did.

You just aint woke enough. What sports need now more than ever is transgender transspecies transrace announcers .

I think it would be a win/win if they just used cats as sports announcers and dubbed some voices in.

Morgan Freeman and Adele would be nice for a start...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Let's see what happens when the trickle down for this loss of revenue hits the players' salaries....and let's face it....the players are part of the 1%.....formerly the "2%"
They are part of the economic disparity in the country.
We way overpay the "entertainers" of this country.

I get they have a short window of years to play, and there is risk of injury.
But multi-millions per year......

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Just let the Bad Lip Reading crew have at ...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the interest of social distancing, all players should just play their virtual selves with an XBox interface.

The field needs to be virtual and streamed to the Woke in their basements.

For the children!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

In the interest of social distancing, all players should just play their virtual selves with an XBox interface.

For the children!!!

They actually did that and televised it during the lockdowns.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Plus a free college degree ( for those that want it)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

For the children!!!

Are you serious? Do you want to completely destroy America overnight, because that is how you do it.

Imagine the older people watching the virtual players on older tv and having to increase their brightness levels to watch the game. That would be white washing the players and it would cause the final peacful riot of all peaceful riots.

edit on 02930America/ChicagoThu, 10 Sep 2020 22:02:42 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Not to mention the random fat tub o' lard who comes along and finally challenges LeBron and proves himself king of NBA 2020 on Xbox ...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
NFL = No Fans Left

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I think it would be a win/win if they just used cats as sports announcers and dubbed some voices in.

Morgan Freeman and Adele would be nice for a start...

Make it dogs with Gilbert Gottfried and Fran Drescher and I'll give it a watch.

edit on 11-9-2020 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

If the song was, "Baby Shark" then I'd be in support.

Is Baby Shark the 'black national anthem" I've heard about recently?

"Resist arrrrrrrrest
dumb dumb dumb dumb bee dumb dumb dumb

Fight thaaaaaaa cops
dumb dumb dumb dumb bee dumb dumb dumb

No big loss
dumb dumb dumb dumb bee dumb dumb dumb"

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Been a Saints fan since the days of the paper bags on our heads. Been through a lot of ups and downs with them since the 80's but I won't catch a single game this year. I'm surprised you even bothered. I think the ratings will drop tremendously and I can't wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join