It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I wanted to watch the Chiefs Texans game but it was just a BLM/Antifa commercial

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This entire summer has been like one, long, miserable corporate diversity and sensitivity training seminar. Everywhere you look someone is lecturing you about your privilege, screaming about systemic racism, telling you that if you don't admit you're racist it means you're racist and that if you do admit you're racist, you're racist ... I'm so sick of it all I could scream.

So when football rolls around, I want football - sports - something entertaining, exciting, enjoyable that I feel I have in common with everyone.

The last thing I want is the for the neverending national corporate sackcloth and ashes session to follow me there, and it does.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I say bring it all back I've not a heard a good racist joke about white people in too long.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I say bring it all back I've not a heard a good racist joke about white people in too long.

I was blonde through the dumb blonde joke craze in the '90s. I knew more than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Use to be able to buy joke books at spencers, that were just blonde jokes.

it's was like a toilet reading classification for a book.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Damn I honestly forgot about how much ppl would rag on blondes back then.

Assumed IQ deficiency.

the 90s eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Be the smart blonde and everyone runs to you with their newest blonde joke like it's some big funny thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lysergic

Be the smart blonde and everyone runs to you with their newest blonde joke like it's some big funny thing.

I actually was naturally "wheat-white" blonde as a kid, it darkened to very dark brown by puberty. By the time my teen years rolled around, I was experimenting with dyes and most often settled on blonde shades. Yup, you and me alike with sitting through the more terrible blonde jokes, lol. But the difference between then and now is, I've no problem with self-deprecating humor and loved those jokes myself. Jokes don't cripple someone emotionally/psychologically, you're already borked if it does and the joke just blew your false functional person cover.

This one's my favorite, most people never got it right off the bat and had to think about it before the belly laughing started:

Q: Why did the blonde have a sore belly button?

A: She had a blonde boyfriend.

Long live the good jokes, in spite of SJWs' crying
edit on 9/12/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Wah wah wah! So much whining and bitching. I think it’s great what the NFL and the NBA are doing, along with the MLB. Get with the times. Racism will no longer be tolerated. The majority of fans like me will be watching.

I know man, why aren't there more Asians in the NFL? It's racist as heck huh?

Pot meet kettle...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Asians aren't properly represented in the NFL why? They are half the earth population and even outnumber blacks in the US yet blacks made up half or more of the NFL why?

I think it's racial in that ppl think Asians are too small and weak.

The NFL is racist and should be forced to affirmative action and represent everyone...

/sarcasm in case y'all don't get it.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, I didn't get upset about it. I just found it interesting that they kept constantly doing it like it was some big funny thing to tell the new blonde joke to the smart blonde.

I never quite figured out why when it never upset me, and I often laughed just as much as anyone else when they were funny.

It was just like I was the Lady High Holder of the Blonde Joke or something.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh, I didn't get upset about it. I just found it interesting that they kept constantly doing it like it was some big funny thing to tell the new blonde joke to the smart blonde.

I never quite figured out why when it never upset me, and I often laughed just as much as anyone else when they were funny.

It was just like I was the Lady High Holder of the Blonde Joke or something.

I don't think I could see you doing anything other than laugh at the goodies, or groan/eye-roll at the bad ones, much like myself there. I just don't see what the point of getting worked up over it was, and still feel the same now. If I were to ever allow myself to feel bad about myself because of a joke, I might just as well admit I'm simply too fragile to exist among billions of others.

"Pick your battles wisely" used to have meaning. Now, it's all but defunct in favor of pearl-clutching and over-reacting.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Watched the NFL since 73 and I just don't know if I can stomach this every game. They have taken the distraction the game was to millions and now I really don't give a crap. LOL, I'll read a book or something. I suspected they would screw it up and they did.

Use to go to early church on Sunday just to be home alone to watch This Week In Pro Football, which in our area aired late Sunday morning. I was about 10 or 11. NFL hasn't profited off my eyeballs since Bob Costas gave his, "If Jovan Belcher didn't possess a gun..." speech during half-time back in 2012. Also began to boycott NBC, and still do to this day.

Don't care the issue. If I wanted to watch commentary on any social issue, it should be up to me to seek it out opposed to having my recreational time polluted with lectures, opinion pieces, and exhibitions by overpaid personalities.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I didn’t read the whole thread. So, I apologize in advance if this has already been shared.

Thanks to the BLM/ANTIFA/Libtard compliance of major sports leagues... they are losing major ground in terms of favoribility:

news.gallup.com... aign=syndication

The sports industry now has a negative image, on balance, among Americans as a whole, with 30% viewing it positively and 40% negatively, for a -10 net-positive score. This contrasts with the +20 net positive image it enjoyed in 2019, when 45% viewed it positively and 25% negatively.

This slide in the sports industry's image comes as professional and college leagues are struggling, and not always successfully, to maintain regular schedules and playing seasons amid the pandemic. Professional football, baseball and basketball games have also become focal points for public displays of support for the Black Lives Matter movement.

While it's not clear how much the various challenges and controversies swirling around the industry are each responsible for its slide in popularity, it is notable that sports has lost more support from Republicans and independents than from Democrats. In fact, Democrats' view of the sports industry has not changed significantly in the past year, while Republicans' has slipped from a +11 net-positive score in 2019 to a net -35 today, and independents' from +26 to -10.

Lots of ROI in bowing down to the libtard culture warriors!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

It really all sort of started with the erosion of Olympic coverage into human interest pieces more than actual coverage of the sports themselves. Remember when you used to look forward to the Olympics because, among other things, you could see all those sports you knew were happening but never, ever saw the rest of the time?

Then they started spending more time on covering human interest stuff than they did on covering all the weird bicycle races, equestrian, wrestling, ribbon twirling and synchronized swimming. The only you see any of that now is if there is a serious medal contender from the US or if you find coverage buried on a strange cable channel at odd hours. Prime Time is all the "popular" sports and you don't even really get to see full coverage of that, only the marquis athletes ... maybe ... sandwiched by human interest.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
LOL seriously been geeked all day and watching the opening and it turned me off completely.

Stage a Fan Strike. If the Players can do it, so can you.

Make the Advertisers realize that you are watching for Entertainment purposes - not to get 'Woke'. Advertisers will pull funding if they know people aren't watching. Sports Players only get rich from Advertisement funding.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"I feed on the soul of your fallen idol" - satan

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Seeing it from my alma broke me.

I was an athlete for that school. One thing you learn as an athlete is how to take people as they come -- the product they produce on the field and their character and work ethic on and off. Who/what they are? That doesn't matter at all. Then to turn on the TV and see them lecturing me about this ... it hurts, and I won't have it.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just had this argument with some family and friends. I do not watch sports for who I should vote for or what social platform I am adhering too.

I watch for action. For the thrill.

That ended when sports became political.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think the best way to define what sports fans see sports as is...a brief refuge from the everyday life. And these twats ruined that refuge by way of self-centered selfishness.

Talk about tainting the well there. What jerks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join