It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Wow. The depth of this OP is amazing. I am so glad that you posted this so I know who to vote for in a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

I wouldn't say that those comorbidities exactly caused the death so much as that if you have them, they vastly reduce your chances of surviving a severe case of COVID to the point where you are far, far more likely to die.

The moral of that story is don't be a fat diabetic.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You think it is right that he lied about the virus? Treating Americans like he is our father and we are his children. We could have handled it. Shut down right away for 2 months, ramp up testing. The industrial complex that is the USA could have kept this thing down 90% or more from what it is. At some point you guys have to just give it up. Is this about policy? What rights and security are you guys willing to give up for this prez. a reply to: DBCowboy

link   
Trumps handling of Covid is the biggest failure from a president in modern history. The riots are the biggest failure of the democrat party in recent history.

I can't stand either party.

link   

Democrat Governors and Mayors and Candidates turned it into political 😎

Even Fauci says: .......... 😎

Dr. Fauci: No Discrepancies Between What Trump Told Us,
What We Told Him, And What He Said Publicly

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

I guess he should have gone out there and told us all to kiss our @ss good-bye and go panic shopping right that freakin' minute.

As it was, it was weird enough when folks hoarded toilet paper anyways.

But as I recall, he shut off flights from China and was telling people about it while Nancy and de Blasio were partying down in Chinatown and screaming about how racist he was - there was nothing to fear. And that was at that time which was not months as Biden claims, but at most a month.

ok common this one as been debunk long time ago trump block chinese national but american people that travel to china for busyness where still able to travel...and any way most case came from europe

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

You do realize our health experts also downplayed it, a long with a lot of democratic politicians (until it was politically beneficial).

Meanwhile, Joe would have listened to the same scientist that also downplayed it, so exactly how do you see it playing out differently?

Joe wouldn't have shut down traffic from China and have been xenophobic would he have?

There are dangers out them there walls. I kinda thought people realized they make concessions to the potential for harm or death every breath they take.

I thought we were only supposed to hide that from children, however it's pretty evident many Americans never grow up. That's a privileged nation for ya.

The "dangers" are known now all over the world, yet I see a bunch of people ready to buck up and keep life going.

If it's so bad we should castigate Trump for downplaying, why now when the danger is most known, do people all over the world want to go back to providing for their family?
edit on 9/9/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But you also can't say that Covid caused the death either. How many of those cases were people with emphysema and developed pneumonia? That's the problem here. We can't say whether it was the COPD or Covid that caused it.

It's time to quit being afraid of a virus so deadly, that most people need to be tested to know whether they have or had it. We need to get back to some kind of normalcy.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

I guess he should have gone out there and told us all to kiss our @ss good-bye and go panic shopping right that freakin' minute.

But as I recall, he shut off flights from China and was telling people about it while Nancy and de Blasio were partying down in Chinatown and screaming about how racist he was - there was nothing to fear. And that was at that time which was not months as Biden claims, but at most a month.

ok common this one as been debunk long time ago trump block chinese national but american people that travel to china for busyness where still able to travel...and any way most case came from europe

Proof and sources ? Hmmm 😃

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sources? We don't need no stinking sources! - the left

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Who could not get confused with all these "official" reports and statements in January 😃😃

A Timeline Of Coronavirus Comments From President Trump And WHO

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes, the Dems were busy saving the world from a fate worse than the virus back then.

They failed.

“For twenty days, from the day the first death from coronavirus was known, Democrats did nothing about it. They were too busy with the president's impeachment trial a trial Pelosi had delayed unnecessarily for several weeks.

To the extent that they commented on coronavirus at all, it was only to tear up the president's remarks or to call him a racist. They told the nation that he, not coronavirus, was a threat to the national security of the United States."

247sports.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

ORANGE MAN BAD.

YAWN.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Trump actually sounded smart in the interview. Guess he just plays dumb. He said it is passed through the air when all the news was saying it was passed through surfaces. Dang, I mean if he had said what he said to Bob Woodward to the American people he could have saved a lot of lies. a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
You think it is right that he lied about the virus? Treating Americans like he is our father and we are his children. We could have handled it. Shut down right away for 2 months, ramp up testing. The industrial complex that is the USA could have kept this thing down 90% or more from what it is. At some point you guys have to just give it up. Is this about policy? What rights and security are you guys willing to give up for this prez. a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm willing to give up NONE of my rights, but my DEMOCRAT governor decided I didn't need rights.

My DEMOCRAT state legislators CHOSE for me.

Trump respected the Constitution and 10th Amendment.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Trumps handling of Covid is the biggest failure from a president in modern history. The riots are the biggest failure of the democrat party in recent history.

I can't stand either party.

for the riot im not sure if its really a dems failure

i just went to read something that i kinda of forgot happen in 2012 and wow the story is really similar to what is going on right now

The 2012 Quebec student protests (movement) were a series of student riots led by student unions such as the Association pour une solidarité syndicale étudiante (ASSÉ), the Fédération étudiante universitaire du Québec, and the Fédération étudiante collégiale du Québec against a proposal by the Quebec Cabinet, headed by Liberal Premier Jean Charest, to raise university tuition from $2,168 to $3,793 between 2012 and 2018.[1] As part of the protest movement, a series of widespread student strikes were organized, involving half of Quebec's student population by April 2012.[2] A third of Quebec students continued to participate in the strike by its 100th day,[3] while a quarter million had participated during its peak.[4] Other students continued to attend their courses.[5]

Left-wing groups endorsed the student protests, which evolved into generalized demonstrations against the provincial government. Opposition parties (Parti Québécois, Québec solidaire, Option nationale), workers unions (Confédération des syndicats nationaux, Canadian Union of Public Employees) and many groups demonstrated alongside the students in April and May 2012.[6]

On May 18, the Government passed Bill 78, an emergency law forbidding picketing or protest near university grounds, and requiring police approval for large public protests anywhere in Quebec. The law was mainly repealed by the Marois government in September 2012[7] and expired in 2013.[8][9][10]

In the Fall of 2012, with a new school term beginning, student participation in the strikes and demonstrations dwindled. The Quebec nationalist Parti Québécois was later elected as minority government and halted any tuition increases in line with its campaign promises.[11]

These protests are sometimes named Maple Spring,[12] from the French: Printemps érable which alludes to French: Printemps arabe (Arab spring) as well as the maple tree which symbolizes Quebec and Canada.[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

if history repeat it self it dosent look good for trump

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Looks like Trump really didn't lie to anybody !! ......😃

(from April)
TIMELINE: THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION’S DECISIVE ACTIONS TO COMBAT THE CORONAVIRUS

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: xuenchen
Waiting for the Harris/Biden Campaign to publish what Trump should'a done a week or 2 earlier that would'a saved 36,000 or 54,000 lives like Biden claimed today !!

Well ?

Well? where's Joe now? 🤣

Anybody ?

Democrats ?

Earth calling Democrats 😃

to start listen to the experts and set national mask mandate and mandatory social distancing canada did and only 9,154 died

CDC issued mask bulletins a week before
Canada. The problem is our constitution does not allow the federal government to mandate masks. Even today its a suggestion and not a mandate. The reason Canadians think they are doing better is their healthcare system. 2 things they claim universality of care meant that everyone would go to a doctor if they needed a test or treatment. Others argued that a single-payer system gives Canadian authorities coordinating powers that their American counterparts lack.

So trying to use Canada as some claim the US handled it wrong is silly and misleading, It was a different government with different abilities to handle the virus. Having said that remove the botched job done in New York and new jersey and the rest of the country did extremely well.

Oh and as far as Trump not wanting to start a Panic as president i could see that and thats what he says in the interview. Causing a panic only hurts the situation a president needs to try to keep people calm so they don't think its the apocolypse and start shooting each other in the streets.
edit on 9/9/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Jay-morris

You do realize our health experts also downplayed it, a long with a lot of democratic politicians (until it was politically beneficial).

Meanwhile, Joe would have listened to the same scientist that also downplayed it, so exactly how do you see it playing out differently?

Joe wouldn't have shut down traffic from China and have been xenophobic would he have?

There are dangers out them there walls. I kinda thought people realized they make concessions to the potential for harm or death every breath they take.

I thought we were only supposed to hide that from children, however it's pretty evident many Americans never grow up. That's a privileged nation for ya.

The "dangers" are known now all over the world, yet I see a bunch of people ready to buck up and keep life going.

If it's so bad we should castigate Trump for downplaying, why now when the danger is most known, do people all over the world want to go back to providing for their family?

they downplay it cause trump downplay it....they same there job...is it right no should they get fired maybe but now they need to be able to advise the country without presure from any political party and just do there job

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It was a tactical move beyond human comprehension, 4d baby!!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join