It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: RazorV66

You have to have compassion for ATS members in the United Kingdom. They're going through the same kind of hell that Americas would endure, if Joe Biden wins.

Because Boris Johnson is a leftist?

Given your ignorance about your own country, I'm not surprised you know # all about Britain.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: panoz77

Yes I was prepared.

Do you know what A symptomatic means?

There is a possibility people may not have attended rallies had they been aware! Herman Cain for example!

Yes, asymptomatic means you are not showing signs of sickness, thus not sneezing or coughing, thus not contagious unless you french kiss your cashier or gas station attendant.

You know the dictionary definition of asymptomatic but not what it means. It is still possible to pass a virus on through touch.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How did I miss this first time round?

You have to have compassion for ATS members in the United Kingdom. They're going through the same kind of hell that Americas would endure, if Joe Biden wins.

There's been some amazingly ill informed things posted on ATS over the years, especially the last two or three years or so but this really takes some beating.

Boris Johnson = Joe Biden.

Wow.

And seven people even starred the post.....the mind truly boggles!

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: RazorV66

Because Boris Johnson is a leftist?

Given your ignorance about your own country, I'm not surprised you know # all about Britain.

talking about ignorance....
Boris Johnson is the Leader of the Conservative Party since 2019 witch is a the right...stop pulling fact out of your ass just ti fit your narative

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: panoz77

Yes I was prepared.

Do you know what A symptomatic means?

There is a possibility people may not have attended rallies had they been aware! Herman Cain for example!

Yes, asymptomatic means you are not showing signs of sickness, thus not sneezing or coughing, thus not contagious unless you french kiss your cashier or gas station attendant.

You know the dictionary definition of asymptomatic but not what it means. It is still possible to pass a virus on through touch.

and talking signing creaming...its not because you have no symptom that you dont have covid-19 you are still contagious and spread the virus true your breathing...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Glad you didn't get sick, but that's got nothing to do with what I posted.

Trump had [still has] the authority to delegate a lot of federal muscle to address every aspect of the pandemic [PPE and testing acquisition and logistics to start with] even if the mask regulations and closures and lockdowns are a state government thing. And there were state governors that did the right thing, only to be "tweeted at" by Trump about doing so, triggering militia followers in camo with guns to threaten their state houses and scream at their capital security guards for doing so.

Trump's been the leading social media troll against literally every effort to address this pandemic and has been publicly responsible for pressuring every governor who opened their state up again way too soon into doing so; an ongoing effort that everyone knows about since he's been extremely public about all of it.

His excuse that he "didn't want to start a panic" doesn't explain why he actively decided to push all of it onto the states and then aggressively attack any governor that did what they could [basically mandating social distancing and mask wearing within their state] to protect their citizens from rampant infection rates and spikes. I listed [above] many other ways that he's worked hard to sabotage every effort to respond to this disaster, and what's most amazing is that his damage has been mostly limited to the people in his own political base.

The guy seems to really want his followers to take the brunt of what this COVID virus has to offer, and it is really odd that those are the people who are blindly defending the things he's done to them by getting them to throw away any protection and invite infection. Reminds me of Stockholm Syndrome, but I don't understand how that could be the case in this situation.

Now researchers are finding permanent heart damage in people who've recovered from the disease, even the ones who dealt with the disease easily. After all, this isn't actually a respiratory disease but a pulmonary disease, even if the symptoms mostly appear to be respiratory. Blood clots clogging up the lungs does act like pneumonia for the person trying to breathe, and those clots don't clear up once the symptoms retreat.

No one is completely sure that they know the long term affects of having been infected, but there are troubling indications being reported lately.

With 193,000 dead, over 6 million infected, over 40 million jobs lost, and the Fall spikes just starting to show up around college towns [meaning that there's no light at the end of this tunnel], I don't understand how anyone could be okay with hearing Donald Trump - in his own recorded voice - brag to Bob Woodward [in early February] that he knows what few others know; that this pandemic is a real killer and that it's going to be really really bad for a lot of people in our country, and this after watching him work so hard to convince his own base to ignore the warnings about the danger of this disease. [he called those warnings "a Democrat hoax"]

You folks should be the ones that are most pissed about this. The dead and dying and permanently damaged that took the hit this summer are you folks. Like I said in the last post, you folks are the targets of his lies and destructive behavior concerning this terrible pandemic response. You're the one that are believing him and getting screwed as a direct result. We [the people who aren't Trump fans] have been doing what's necessary to protect ourselves and we've been doing so since witnessing the nightmare that NYC went through in the spring. Trump's bizarre lies and activities can't affect us.
edit on 9/11/2020 by NorEaster because: formatting issues

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

Trump had [still has] the authority to delegate a lot of federal muscle to address every aspect of the pandemic [PPE and testing acquisition and logistics to start with] even if the mask regulations and closures and lockdowns are a state government thing. And there were state governors that did the right thing, only to be "tweeted at" by Trump about doing so, triggering militia followers in camo with guns to threaten their state houses and scream at their capital security guards for doing so.

Trump's been the leading social media troll against literally every effort to address this pandemic and has been publicly responsible for pressuring every governor who opened their state up again way too soon into doing so; an ongoing effort that everyone knows about since he's been extremely public about all of it.

His excuse that he "didn't want to start a panic" doesn't explain why he actively decided to push all of it onto the states and then aggressively attack any governor that did what they could [basically mandating social distancing and mask wearing within their state] to protect their citizens from rampant infection rates and spikes. I listed [above] many other ways that he's worked hard to sabotage every effort to respond to this disaster, and what's most amazing is that his damage has been mostly limited to the people in his own political base.

The guy seems to really want his followers to take the brunt of what this COVID virus has to offer, and it is really odd that those are the people who are blindly defending the things he's done to them by getting them to throw away any protection and invite infection. Reminds me of Stockholm Syndrome, but I don't understand how that could be the case in this situation.

Now researchers are finding permanent heart damage in people who've recovered from the disease, even the ones who dealt with the disease easily. After all, this isn't actually a respiratory disease but a pulmonary disease, even if the symptoms mostly appear to be respiratory. Blood clots clogging up the lungs does act like pneumonia for the person trying to breathe, and those clots don't clear up once the symptoms retreat.

No one is completely sure that they know the long term affects of having been infected, but there are troubling indications being reported lately.

With 193,000 dead, over 6 million infected, over 40 million jobs lost, and the Fall spikes just starting to show up around college towns [meaning that there's no light at the end of this tunnel], I don't understand how anyone could be okay with hearing Donald Trump - in his own recorded voice - brag to Bob Woodward [in early February] that he knows what few others know; that this pandemic is a real killer and that it's going to be really really bad for a lot of people in our country, and this after watching him work so hard to convince his own base to ignore the warnings about the danger of this disease. [he called those warnings "a Democrat hoax"]

You folks should be the ones that are most pissed about this. The dead and dying and permanently damaged that took the hit this summer are you folks. Like I said in the last post, you folks are the targets of his lies and destructive behavior concerning this terrible pandemic response. You're the one that are believing him and getting screwed as a direct result. We [the people who aren't Trump fans] have been doing what's necessary to protect ourselves and we've been doing so since witnessing the nightmare that NYC went through in the spring. Trump's bizarre lies and activities can't affect us.

You are obviously believing in fairy tales up above. TDS has been known to do that to people.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You are obviously believing in fairy tales up above. TDS has been known to do that to people.

Trump could go out and shoot an innocent person, and Trump cultists would find a reason not to condemn him, and this is the sad fact about all of this mess!

He lied, thst much is obvious. He was dead wrong, and that much is obvious, but this one human being has a hold on his followers, and it's scary!

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

• Calling the reports of how deadly this virus is a Democrat hoax, even after understanding that this virus is 5X more deadly than the most virulent flu while being immeasurably more contagious

• This is incorrect...Its contagiousness is now no different than any other flu. In fact it might even be less as we are now being told that all those positives who show no symptoms are now NOT contagious. In the past were they not saying they could be contagious for 3+ weeks...lol

Wow. Where do you get your information? That one report was an outlier and quickly debunked. Lots of bizarre crap being "reported" and all of it is designed to get Trump voters to relax and take in the COVID virus. Man, you people should be pissed about that.

The death rate has little bearing on other flus as the measurement methods are completely different as is the body count too since they are using much different methods to count. Also the flu season is only counted during 4 months of the year, so suggesting we are now into the 7th month of counting for COVID it will skew the numbers even more. At best COVID is 2x that of the normal flu since it is a nouveau virus, so nothing super special about it now outside of that.

I was just quoting Trump about it being 5X as lethal. That's what he told Woodward and it's on the recorded clip. so don't look at me. Also, this isn't a flu virus. It mostly affects your pulmonary system; it clots your blood. Can feel like pneumonia if the blood is clotting in your lungs. And it doesn't have a "season". You'll probably figure that aspect out by this time next year.

Shaming people for wearing masks and social distancing in public

Was not the media tearing into Trump for not wearing one? Can you post a video where he was shaming people wearing masks and social distancing? Due to this he did say he feels many on the left are wearing a mask to show disaprovasl of him in a political Virtue Signal method.

You're kidding, right? You must be. The mask thing is universally known to be true. He's relentless and in public with it. Making fun of mask wearers is part of his stump speech.

I sure as hell have better things to do that help you find clips of Trump doing anything at all. Go find some other intern if you feel entitled to have people fetching video clips for you. Christ, what a sense of personal entitlement. Google is your friend, but only if you learn how to use it. I stopped fetching clips for trolls back in the early aughts.

The left is holding super spreader riots, looting, burning....lol All is good there...geez
    You got numbers on your "super-spreader" campaign rallies. As example the media said that 250k were infected at Sturgis, but the state medical experts have said they can only find about 250 cases. I think if you are going to freak out over something at least be correct.

This is about the political campaign rallies that Trump has held and is still holding. This isn't about dumb crap that other people are doing. Try to stay on task here. Fact is that just this week, as the media was reacting to his insane Woodward recordings, Trump was holding yet another airport hanger shoulder-to-shoulder, no mask - no worries, campaign rally. They aren't very big, but that's because the guy can't draw very well anymore. Probably the signed waiver requirement to get tickets is making people think twice, but who knows for sure.

Was he suppose to pull PPE out of his ass? Did you miss a few months ago all those liberal Governors including NY that praised his efforts? States that opened up first are doing just fine. Countries that never closed are doing just find too. Closing was never to stop the spread, but to slow it down so that the healthcare system isn't over run. Has any system been over run in any state. Has anyone not had a ventilator when needed? Has there been a bed shortage? Didn't Trump demand a good number of companies to switch to making needed PPE? Are the selves today not full? What is your point???????????????

You don't remember those calls for him to federalize the PPE, testing and ventilator acquisition and logistics effort, and how the military offered to manage it, which he refused to allow. He didn't even have to do anything but say "yes" and he could've been a hero to millions of people. Kodak? Making PPE? Nice try but that's not happening. And then there's that aid of "acting AG Whitaker" scamming states with his recently created 3-employee testing firm. Yeah, lots of help these companies are.

As for successful openings, Texas and Florida and Georgia and Arizona have been nightmares all summer long. What reality do you inhabit? Don't have cable?

I watched Cuomo's daily press briefings for months, since I'm a native New Yorker, and Trump never lifted a finger other than allowing the Army Corp of Engineers to help with designing and building temporary hospital facilities and allowing the Navy to park one of their medical ships in NY harbor [only a handful of non-COVID patients actually made it onboard the ship after all]. Trump says that Cuoma praised him but if he did, everyone knows that unless you praise him you don't get any federal help at all [just ask Michigan's governor]

He's still pressuring governors to limit testing so that the increasing case numbers won't rise so quickly.

And, as far as ventilator shortages, they were configuring ventilators to serve up to 4 patients due to the shortage in NYC, and then in Alabama and now patients in CA and AZ are still being airlifted to other states.

Do you not understand the health risks of NOT sending kids to school? Those under the age of 25 have less symptoms then they would with a common flu, so it really does not effect them...they need to get it and get past it for herd immunity. One school district in OR has 2000 kids who live with their parents homeless...Where do these kids get their computers, they eat at school for free...they get medical for free at the schools etc etc...What do they get now...nothing...GOOD JOB IN SHUTTING DOWN THE SCHOOLS!!!

For the rest of your post... OMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just stop it....lol Get informed for once...Stay off of CNN and MSNBC

Teachers are getting infected, getting sick, and a few have already died. Kids spread to their families [duh].

Herd immunity is a widely dismissed fringe THEORY that requires a 60% infection rate to - theoretically - become possible. The real bitch is that it doesn't seem to work with large populations - like Sweden, for instance. We're way too large a population for Herd Immunity to work and responsible theorists already know this. Imagine what could've been achieved if the federal government had worried about reopening schools this spring and summer instead of bars - anther Trump failure. Say whatever you want. Lie if you wish. It doesn't matter at all. Trump lied all spring and summer, and now we know from his own recorded words that he lied. It's done and so is he.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:26 PM
    link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You really put a lot into that reply, so thanks for the effort.

Trump Derangement Syndrome seems to have evolved into something very different than what it originally referred to. If what we're dealing with these days - tens of thousands of people willingly getting infected by this nasty bug just to show each other how loyal they are to a guy that doesn't even think twice about them and who has screwed them over so badly - isn't a derangement syndrome, then we need to invent another word to describe it.

Screw it, I've wasted enough of my evening on this idiocy. Have a good weekend.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:32 PM
    link   
    The Trump strategy is working.

The locusts are swarming this story and letting the real issue fly by LOL 🎭🦃

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:34 PM
    link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

yeah thats a real trumper a mean personal attack to an intelligent post...its because you ad nothing inteligent to ad to it...so a school yard childish attack...wow...how old are you...

he is right usa right now as the worst covid response in the world

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:24 PM
    link   
    I have to say, he made the right decision.

At that level, it's people management. No president tells you truth, they tell you the bare minimum of what they think you need to know.

We had a new virus with no cure and an unclear understanding of whether it would spread here or not. They played it by ear and adjusted the message and actions accordingly.

Collapsing the economy as we've done or panicking people and nothing happens would have been a disaster and the left would call him incompetent. He gets results, which is why 2 nobel prizes are on the table, decades of diplomacy lost to whatever is in that orange head of his.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:36 PM
    link   
    a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Actually the American response was/still.is the best in the World !! 👁️👃👁️

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:40 PM
    link   

Wow. Where do you get your information? That one report was an outlier and quickly debunked. Lots of bizarre crap being "reported" and all of it is designed to get Trump voters to relax and take in the COVID virus. Man, you people should be pissed about that.

WHO said so...

"June 8 Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO's technical lead for the COVID-19 response, said it's "very rare" for asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19 to spread the virus."

I was just quoting Trump about it being 5X as lethal. That's what he told Woodward and it's on the recorded clip. so don't look at me. Also, this isn't a flu virus. It mostly affects your pulmonary system; it clots your blood. Can feel like pneumonia if the blood is clotting in your lungs. And it doesn't have a "season". You'll probably figure that aspect out by this time next year.

Well neither does the flu, but that is how we monitor it...lol geez.. My point it is apples and oranges on how the two are measured. Of course Fauci has said at first its no big deal then said the sky is falling. If Trump said 5x then that was a while ago...

You're kidding, right? You must be. The mask thing is universally known to be true. He's relentless and in public with it. Making fun of mask wearers is part of his stump speech.

I sure as hell have better things to do that help you find clips of Trump doing anything at all. Go find some other intern if you feel entitled to have people fetching video clips for you. Christ, what a sense of personal entitlement. Google is your friend, but only if you learn how to use it. I stopped fetching clips for trolls back in the early aughts.

I looked, that is why I'm asking you to help... So you think I'm a troll? really...that is your fall back? You made the claim not me, so it is up to you to prove your claim when asked, or just say you were full of sh!t when making it.. I'm good either way.

This is about the political campaign rallies that Trump has held and is still holding. This isn't about dumb crap that other people are doing. Try to stay on task here. Fact is that just this week, as the media was reacting to his insane Woodward recordings, Trump was holding yet another airport hanger shoulder-to-shoulder, no mask - no worries, campaign rally. They aren't very big, but that's because the guy can't draw very well anymore. Probably the signed waiver requirement to get tickets is making people think twice, but who knows for sure.

The only gathering the left is screaming about is Trump's campaign rallies and churches...everything else is all good to include protesting and riots. All are on point since all can be big crowds, but you complain about only one, why is that? There is no data on you "super spreader" remark, so I guess we file this with your Trump is shaming people about masks remarks...

You don't remember those calls for him to federalize the PPE, testing and ventilator acquisition and logistics effort, and how the military offered to manage it, which he refused to allow. He didn't even have to do anything but say "yes" and he could've been a hero to millions of people. Kodak? Making PPE? Nice try but that's not happening. And then there's that aid of "acting AG Whitaker" scamming states with his recently created 3-employee testing firm. Yeah, lots of help these companies are.

Your reply here means nothing..once again has one person not received a ventilator when needed? Has one person not had a bed to use? Dozens of companies switched to making masks and ventilators pushed by the federal Goverment to do so.

As for successful openings, Texas and Florida and Georgia and Arizona have been nightmares all summer long. What reality do you inhabit? Don't have cable?

We need to look at the deaths per 100,000. AZ is 9th with less than 1/2 of what NY and NJ have, FL is 17, TX is 19 and GA is 15.

Why are they not all 1, 2 ,3 ,4?

I'm a native New Yorker..

Enough said...I understand now...Cuomo has been in the top 3 worst Governors during this pandemic.

[

Herd immunity is a widely dismissed fringe THEORY that requires a 60% infection rate to - theoretically - become possible. The real bitch is that it doesn't seem to work with large populations - like Sweden, for instance. We're way too large a population for Herd Immunity to work and responsible theorists already know this. Imagine what could've been achieved if the federal government had worried about reopening schools this spring and summer instead of bars - anther Trump failure. Say whatever you want. Lie if you wish. It doesn't matter at all. Trump lied all spring and summer, and now we know from his own recorded words that he lied. It's done and so is he.

Its not if, but when you will get it... You want to trade life for life here and you can not stop it...You will get it...face it...We can destroy the economy, increase deaths in many other categories and guess what...you WILL still get it...

Once again reopening is not on trump...its a state level so why do you keep pushing it back on him?

edit on 11-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:40 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: charlyv
    Any intelligent citizen knew that this virus was a serious and deadly issue.

They also know that the Presidents job is to lead. That means to quell fear and instill belief that we are going to make it out of this.

He is doing his job. This is not lying. It is surviving. It is leadership.

Sorry, but this is simply not true. See, this is the problem here with Trump cultists. He lied! He let people believe that the virus was not thst bad. How many more deaths did that lead too?

I find in unbelievable that Trump cultists still cannot bring themselves to condemn the man.

But this just goes to prove my point that he is a cult leader and has this hold on the weak minded ( patriotic christians)

He is an extremely intelligent , business oriented man who has already saved this country, including your sorry ass, a few times. To call him a cult leader is just ignorant, but you are welcome to all the bull# you choose to believe.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:55 AM
    link   
    a reply to: charlyv

He is an extremely intelligent , business oriented man

Most high functioning sociopaths are successful when it comes to making money and business. As for intelligent, are are completly ignore the dumb, stupid things he has said, or do you want me to list th for you?

who has already saved this country,

America is a complete mess at the moment. The country is divided, all because of this man. He has turned the left and right into good against evil, God vs the devil.

including your sorry ass, a few times.

How has Trump "saved my ass"? Cannot wait to hear this one!

To call him a cult leader is just ignorant, but you are welcome to all the bull# you choose to believe.

It's bloody obvious he is a cult leader. Tbis thread is a good exame of that, but you can see examples of this everywhere. Of course people who are brainwashed by Trump are not going to realise they are actually in the Trump cul. But the signs are there for all to see. Regarding in this thread, his followers refusing to blame him for something. They just cannot do it!

The Trump cult is the fastest growing cult in the world!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:24 AM
    link   
    a reply to: NorEaster

LOL... First of all, your left-wing leaders have been caught ignoring the demands they imposed on the rest of the population...

Pelosi went to a saloon with no mask. Cuomo took his family on a trip to a park far away and was caught while he was claiming people in New York should be staying in their homes unless they go out to buy food, etc. When Cuomo was approached by a man who filmed Cuomo and family walking in the park, Cuomo made excuses that he didn't need to respond to a Republican/conservative, and even threatened the man with bodily harm...

Several other democrats were caught doing similar things. I don't know her name, but there was a governor whose husband went to get their boat, and when the person at the pier told him he couldn't release the boat, the husband of this libtard asked the man "don't you know who I am? You must allow me to get our boat my wife is the governor." It wasn't exactly like that, but more or less that's what happened.

Not to mention the failure of democrats/socialists like Deblasio whom ordered senior homes to accept people with COVID-19. Heck, some of those patients that senior homes had to admit were young criminals whom were infected.

This is an example from Detroit, not from New York. I saw other cases like this one happening in new York and I am trying to find them. This was months ago.

20-year-old beating suspect was moved to nursing home because he has COVID-19, says father

edit on 12-9-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:44 AM
    link   
    a reply to: ElectricUniverse

What does that have to do eith anything? This is about Trump lying, and you are trying to justify that by again turning it into a tight and left thing.

Trump is the president, not these other people.

Now, the sad fact about all is, is the fact that a few months ago, Trump supporters were saying Trump was doing all he could. Now that we all know he was lying, they still cannot bring themselves to condemn him.

Complete brainwashing and conditioning.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:55 AM
    link   
    a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Or, he slow played the hand he was dealt. Cautionary approach, imagine that.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join