It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Anyone reading the news in January would have run to the hardware store and bought n95 masks for their whole family. I did. I started wearing them in March when the shut down started. A person should figure out what to think on their own. If you rely on the government to do it for you, than you are not a responsible person or a leader. Learn to be self sufficient and self reliant. Trump was trying to divert panic. Did you see what happened to the toilet paper? rubbing alcohol? And cleaning supplies? People don't behave well in adversity.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: KTemplar

In Trump's defense, he didn't know much about it at the time. None of us did, we were all speculating at that point.

You bring up a good point! This conversation supposedly took place on Feb 7th; that was early in the pandemic, and not much was known about the virus.
edit on 11-9-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

btw This is breaking news not political mud-pit

BS, this belongs in the "hoax bin..." Another LIE you never-Trumpers keep making up with to try to oust President Trump.

Lies are all you never-Trumpers have...

Lies and tantrums

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In my opinion all the political finger pointing and posturing is becoming disgusting and counter productive. The bodies are not yet cold and people are still dieing and here we are trying to score political points.

Now I don't have a puritanical view point on death; I find death to be a natural part of life and it is not a tragedy when it occurs... especially when it occurs due to a natural disaster such as a pandemic. Pandemics occur, earth quakes occur, floods occur and their is not a dam thing humans can do to stop them from occurring. A natural number of people are going to die every day, month, year and decade due to these events and that is just something humans have to learn to deal with ... and the truth is we have, its only when we bring politics into the mix that people's fake cries of "tragedy" are heard.

But even knowing that death is natural and expected there is still a respect that is due the dead; and our country as a whole are crapping all over them because its a presidential election year and our desire to see a particular person win the presidency is more important to us. Again its starting to look very disgusting.

Now this is not divorced from the idea that our political leaders are responsible for their actions and that we must hold them accountable. And clearly our political leaders did not live up to our expectations during this pandemic and as a result a percentage of the deaths might have been prevented.

How many deaths could have been prevented? I don't know, because no one is trying to figure out that answer; not in the news and certainly not here on ATS. 22 pages of comments and we are arguing from a clearly emotional stand point ... how do we feel about what Trump said.

With this line of thinking we are not holding our elected leaders accountable; we are not working toward preventing deaths in the future. All we are doing is playing a blame game to see which political tribe can be the best blamers.

And as for blame there is plenty to go around, so I don't even understand how people can be so blind to the mis-actions of one political leader while acting mortality wounded by anothers.

This thread has 22 pages of Trump blaming and he clearly has to own up to the miss actions he made. But below is a article in how one of the most influential Democrat leaders misactions lead to a great number of uneasiness death. Its impossible to lay blame on one person or one political ideology ... and quite frankly dispite what our political leaders did or did not do, we the American people individually did not live up to the occasion.

How Delays and Unheeded Warnings Hindered New York’s Virus Fight

- NYT

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Drucifer

He let the experts tell it like it is. The information was out there. That was never throttled.

What would you have had him do act like this:

Even Fauci agrees Trump relayed all the facts to the American people as they discussed them.
Lefties trust Fauci...Right?

fauci sold is soul too trump

Awww...That's to bad.

yeah to bad trump got blood on is hands...the guy kill thousand by downplaying it.
criminal negligence...nothing less

Trump released the virus onto the world. It seems to have failed because you survived, but you are still angry about it. This is what you believe.
This is the mind of Trump hating fools world wide.
GTFO
edit on 11-9-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Anyone reading the news in January would have run to the hardware store and bought n95 masks for their whole family. I did. I started wearing them in March when the shut down started. A person should figure out what to think on their own. If you rely on the government to do it for you, than you are not a responsible person or a leader. Learn to be self sufficient and self reliant. Trump was trying to divert panic. Did you see what happened to the toilet paper? rubbing alcohol? And cleaning supplies? People don't behave well in adversity.

I'd consider your argument here if Trump hadn't spent the last 8 months:

• Calling the reports of how deadly this virus is a Democrat hoax, even after understanding that this virus is 5X more deadly than the most virulent flu while being immeasurably more contagious
  • Shaming people for wearing masks and social distancing in public
  • Holding "super-spreader" campaign rallies that broke [and are still breaking] the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation laws on large public assembly in those states, forcing his own base to spread the virus among themselves after requiring them to sign a waiver release holding him and his campaign blameless for any infection they might get for the privilege of being at those rallies [RIP Herman Cain]
  • Refusing to launch any kind of federal response - forcing the states to fight each other over PPE and testing supplies
  • Publicly pressuring governors to ignore his own coronavirus task team's standards and to quickly open back up [creating the mess those states have been in all summer as a result]
  • Threatening states' educational funding if they don't pack their little school children into classrooms, without any federal guidance or assistance or additional funding whatsoever to prepare those classrooms to protect the children and the teachers
  • Constantly lying from the podium about the efficacy of treatments [hydroxychloroquine? Disinfectant spray into the lungs?] and actually convincing some people to try them at home
  • Trying to convince our entire country that the pandemic itself is literally in the rear view mirror as the daily infection, hospitalization and death numbers continued to rise throughout the summer.

Thing is that with all that evidence, right out there and in front of cameras and on a daily basis, there no way that your defense of Trump - in this very specific situation - has any credibility at all.

Believe him and his ilk if you want to about all of this, but if you do, at least protect those people that depend on you and trust that you care enough about them to ensure their safety. As a man, that's the least you can do for them.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

• Calling the reports of how deadly this virus is a Democrat hoax, even after understanding that this virus is 5X more deadly than the most virulent flu while being immeasurably more contagious
  • Holding "super-spreader" campaign rallies that broke [and are still breaking] the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation laws on large public assembly in those states, forcing his own base to spread the virus among themselves after requiring them to sign a waiver release holding him and his campaign blameless for any infection they might get for the privilege of being at those rallies [RIP Herman Cain]
  • Refusing to launch any kind of federal response - forcing the states to fight each other over PPE and testing supplies
  • Publicly pressuring governors to ignore his own coronavirus task team's standards and to quickly open back up [creating the mess those states have been in all summer as a result]
  • Threatening states' educational funding if they don't pack their little school children into classrooms, without any federal guidance or assistance or additional funding whatsoever to prepare those classrooms to protect the children and the teachers
  • Constantly lying from the podium about the efficacy of treatments [hydroxychloroquine? Disinfectant spray into the lungs?] and actually convincing some people to try them at home
  • Trying to convince our entire country that the pandemic itself is literally in the rear view mirror as the daily infection, hospitalization and death numbers continued to rise throughout the summer.

Thing is that with all that evidence, right out there and in front of cameras and on a daily basis, there no way that your defense of Trump - in this very specific situation - has any credibility at all.

Believe him and his ilk if you want to about all of this, but if you do, at least protect those people that depend on you and trust that you care enough about them to ensure their safety. As a man, that's the least you can do for them.

Why haven't I gotten sick then? I have been in hospitals and my job with a hundred people none of whom have worn any mask or social distanced until July, and not a single case of the virus. None of my large family throughout Whatcom county have gotten the virus either.
Words from anyone matter not. Use this to disparage Trump if you want, but it is meaningless. Still voting for his landslide victory in November just for you and people like you.

The real F-ups are not Trump, they are idiot governors and state officials f-ups that have caused all the deaths that needn't have happened. Trump has zero authority to implement any actions about pandemic responses and he never has done any action that caused anyone to be more safe, or more unsafe. All left to the states.

If you are too dumb to comprehend this, then it is on you.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: infolurker

The things you guys don’t know about never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe you should worry about yourself then.

Furthermore, this is NOT Trumps virus. The End.
edit on 11-9-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I can solve this whole "lying to the public" thing from POTUS and other high ranking govt officials. The govt personnel, especially those with clearances are TRAINED to lie, as to not disclose information that is damaging to the security of the Nation. I know, I held a govt clearance in the past and was trained on the "public relations". If the POTUS had totally accepted the "expert" projections of 2.2 MILLION dead by the end of 2020 and said that in a news conference, there would have been mass panic and toilet paper would have been the least of anyone's worry. If you were not stocked and prepped, you would have been screwed and begging for food.

This is absolute FACT.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

a reply to: KTemplar

In Trump's defense, he didn't know much about it at the time. None of us did, we were all speculating at that point.

You bring up a good point! This conversation supposedly took place on Feb 7th; that was early in the pandemic, and not much was known about the virus.

Well trump seem like he knew a lot about
but he like to play it down...always play it down.....

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
I can solve this whole "lying to the public" thing from POTUS and other high ranking govt officials. The govt personnel, especially those with clearances are TRAINED to lie, as to not disclose information that is damaging to the security of the Nation. I know, I held a govt clearance in the past and was trained on the "public relations". If the POTUS had totally accepted the "expert" projections of 2.2 MILLION dead by the end of 2020 and said that in a news conference, there would have been mass panic and toilet paper would have been the least of anyone's worry. If you were not stocked and prepped, you would have been screwed and begging for food.

This is absolute FACT.

Again all other leader in the world said the truth
where was the panic...the only unrest is in the country that like to play it down
blm protest happen all over the world...only usa still deal with that.....covid was all over thhe world
and usa still dint flat the curve...other country are reopening....usa need to close again because of Trump

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Pelosi tells everyone to come to chinatown, it's safe here. Don't listen to fear mongers.

De Blasio tells everyone to go out to crowded movie theaters, nothing to be afraid of.

Biden calls Trump a Xenophobe for the travel ban on China

Dem Governors KILL seniors ON PURPOSE to increase the death rates...

BUT.....Nothing to see here dumbo Dim supporters....

Trump admitted he tried to "downplay" how deadly the virus is - when no one even really KNEW how deadly the virus was.

Despite the fact that Trump mobilized the biggest response to a pandemic the world has ever seen and he kept the people informed with daily press briefings with EXPERTS (you know Fauci and Birx)....

But yah Dimmies you keep repeating your latest Trump deranged talking point, "TRUMP LIED"

You people really are sick in the head.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadOnly

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: infolurker

The things you guys don’t know about never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe you should worry about yourself then.

Furthermore, this is NOT Trumps virus. The End.

yea it became trump virus the moment the virus enter the country...it was is duty to fight it to protect the people

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Pelosi tells everyone to come to chinatown, it's safe here. Don't listen to fear mongers.

De Blasio tells everyone to go out to crowded movie theaters, nothing to be afraid of.

Trump admitted he tried to "downplay" how deadly the virus is - when no one even really KNEW how deadly the virus was.

Despite the fact that Trump mobilized the biggest response to a pandemic the world has ever seen and he kept the people informed with daily press briefings with EXPERTS (you know Fauci and Birx)....

But yah Dimmies you keep repeating your latest Trump deranged talking point, "TRUMP LIED"

again stop taht bull#.....it pure bs

pelosi promote china town not china.....china town in california...because trump voter where blaming the chinese race for the pandemic.

and yes biden complain because trump ban only ban chinese national amarican busyness man where still traveling over 30 000 people where still traveling

so stop lying about those facts

trump cant tell the truth ever even lie about the weather ffs...but this time it cost thousands of life...
he could of done like every other leader in the world and save life...but he deside to do what he do best and lied

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

• This is incorrect...Its contagiousness is now no different than any other flu. In fact it might even be less as we are now being told that all those positives who show no symptoms are now NOT contagious. In the past were they not saying they could be contagious for 3+ weeks...lol

The death rate has little bearing on other flus as the measurement methods are completely different as is the body count too since they are using much different methods to count. Also the flu season is only counted during 4 months of the year, so suggesting we are now into the 7th month of counting for COVID it will skew the numbers even more. At best COVID is 2x that of the normal flu since it is a nouveau virus, so nothing super special about it now outside of that.

Shaming people for wearing masks and social distancing in public

Was not the media tearing into Trump for not wearing one? Can you post a video where he was shaming people wearing masks and social distancing? Due to this he did say he feels many on the left are wearing a mask to show disaprovasl of him in a political Virtue Signal method.

Holding "super-spreader" campaign rallies that broke [and are still breaking] the COVID-19 pandemic mitigation laws on large public assembly in those states, forcing his own base to spread the virus among themselves after requiring them to sign a waiver release holding him and his campaign blameless for any infection they might get for the privilege of being at those rallies [RIP Herman Cain]

The left is holding super spreader riots, looting, burning....lol All is good there...geez
    You got numbers on your "super-spreader" campaign rallies. As example the media said that 250k were infected at Sturgis, but the state medical experts have said they can only find about 250 cases. I think if you are going to freak out over something at least be correct.

Refusing to launch any kind of federal response - forcing the states to fight each other over PPE and testing supplies
    Publicly pressuring governors to ignore his own coronavirus task team's standards and to quickly open back up [creating the mess those states have been in all summer as a result]

Was he suppose to pull PPE out of his ass? Did you miss a few months ago all those liberal Governors including NY that praised his efforts? States that opened up first are doing just fine. Countries that never closed are doing just find too. Closing was never to stop the spread, but to slow it down so that the healthcare system isn't over run. Has any system been over run in any state. Has anyone not had a ventilator when needed? Has there been a bed shortage? Didn't Trump demand a good number of companies to switch to making needed PPE? Are the selves today not full? What is your point???????????????

Threatening states' educational funding if they don't pack their little school children into classrooms, without any federal guidance or assistance or additional funding whatsoever to prepare those classrooms to protect the children and the teachers

Do you not understand the health risks of NOT sending kids to school? Those under the age of 25 have less symptoms then they would with a common flu, so it really does not effect them...they need to get it and get past it for herd immunity. One school district in OR has 2000 kids who live with their parents homeless...Where do these kids get their computers, they eat at school for free...they get medical for free at the schools etc etc...What do they get now...nothing...GOOD JOB IN SHUTTING DOWN THE SCHOOLS!!!

For the rest of your post... OMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just stop it....lol Get informed for once...Stay off of CNN and MSNBC

edit on 11-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:44 PM
    link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

exactly trump knew and did nothing

get out of your bubble usa have one of the worst response in the world every other country have flatted the curve...there is a travel ban to usa in pretty much every country.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:03 PM
    link   

get out of your bubble usa have one of the worst response in the world every other country have flatted the curve...there is a travel ban to usa in pretty much every country.

If this is in fact true then one can only conclude that President Trump failed in containing the virus

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:07 PM
    link   
    Yah, I'm not going to argue with liars.

I do my research, I watch and read a lot of different sources for my news.

and I don't have TDS or live on the Dem plantation...

Continue making a damn fool out of yourselves, we all know you are BS artists with an agenda.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:20 PM
    link   

a reply to: Drucifer

Sounds good, but you know as well as the rest of us that if Trump would have called this a threat, the democrats would still be up in arms and flailing about how much panic he caused. They only good that would have come from that speech is that the economy wouldn't have shut down and we'd be hearing about how the virus isn't dangerous at all. And I wouldn't have to be bugged by LSU only being allowed a 25% stadium capacity at their games.

Sorry for the late reply, I tend to go MIA from the internets after 4pm. Yes, Trump was screwed either way. If he would have come out and spilled all he was told, the Dems would have called him a fear mongering tyrant. I completely agree with that entire post. The last 9 months would have pretty much been the entire opposite of what’s actually happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join