It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm enough of a team player that I'll wear the mask into the exercise studio and out the doors, into the martial arts school and out the doors, but when I'm on the floor, that thing is off. I'm not sure exactly how much "disease prevention" that accomplishes, but there it is.

About as much as it accomplishes when we're sucking everyone elses germs in at a restaurant as we walk past their table. I don't even wear them into restaurants though. When I went to a steakhouse with my in-laws, I walked through without a mask on and when we sat down, my mother-in-law couldn't believe they didn't say anything. It was supposed to be mandatory so I acted like I was on my phone and I held my mask in my hand like I was gonna put it on. A nice loophole, then you can ignore anyone asking you to put it on by acting like you're really talking, lol.
edit on 10-9-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

originally posted by: shooterbrody
P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

Hope you have more cards to play as your hand appears weak sauce.

What the hell happen to ats

i saw 10 years of posting accusing bush of knowing about the terrorist attack that lead to +/- 4500 people calling him a traiter...now this guy knew about the threat and is downplaying action lead to 200 000 death and you guys say nothing burger

WTF

So you're pissed that Trump actually achieved the CDC's own best-case mitigation projections? If a dem managed to do that (impossible I know), you'd be giving them a f$%kin ticker tape parade.

There's no denying your ignorance bro.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Everyone knows how much I love Trump. His blunt honesty is one of the reasons.

I cringed when I heard this, I would rather know and prepare accordingly. The fact that rallies occurred, protests happened, Sturgis took place makes me feel like people were mislead to possible death.

I won’t vote for Biden Ever; but I implore you President Trump, give us the facts as you know them please!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I'm enough of a team player that I'll wear the mask into the exercise studio and out the doors, into the martial arts school and out the doors, but when I'm on the floor, that thing is off. I'm not sure exactly how much "disease prevention" that accomplishes, but there it is.

About as much as it accomplishes when we're sucking everyone elses germs in at a restaurant as we walk past their table. I don't even wear them into restaurants though. When I went to a steakhouse with my in-laws, I walked through without a mask on and when we sat down, my mother-in-law couldn't believe they didn't say anything. It was supposed to be mandatory so I acted like I was on my phone and I held my mask in my hand like I was gonna put it on. A nice loophole, then you can ignore anyone asking you to put it on by acting like you're really talking, lol.

you should be so proud....your bragging about putting people life at risk...what the hell is wrong with you

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I cringed when I heard this, I would rather know and prepare accordingly. The fact that rallies occurred, protests happened, Sturgis took place makes me feel like people were mislead to possible death.

I won’t vote for Biden Ever; but I implore you President Trump, give us the facts as you know them please!

His blunt honesty is one of the reasons.

wtf are you talking about he just got cut in a lie how can you say he as blunt honesty...
if he would bluntly honest he would tell the truth and save thousands of lifes...he is a coward killer
edit on 10-9-2020 by THeGreaTZoiD because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The fact that rallies occurred, protests happened, Sturgis took place makes me feel like people were mislead to possible death.

NaH... by that time we all knew COVID was a nothing burger.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

The fact that rallies occurred, protests happened, Sturgis took place makes me feel like people were mislead to possible death.

NaH... by that time we all knew COVID was a nothing burger.

I wouldn’t call it a nothing burger. More like a CCP roulette screw up your body burger
edit on 10-9-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I really do feel sorry for you Trump supporters. You guys actually think this guy stands up for you, when really he is against all of us. a reply to: KTemplar

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

you should be so proud....your bragging about putting people life at risk...what the hell is wrong with you

How?

No one is put at risk by a healthy person walking around. The mask limits the spread of droplets from sneezes and coughs which a healthy person doesn't produce, and vampire coughing into your elbow provides more of a barrier to droplets than a mask would against a sudden sneeze or cough.

Additionally, simple expiration isn't going to be much hindered by a mask, and viral droplets are going to escape either way.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Seems like Trump made the correct move here, in my opinion.

Beyond that, there should be investigations (and almost certainly charges) brought against those that weaponized The Virus for personal gain. They either knew "somehow" that The Virus was supposed to be horrific (even if it didnt come to fruition), or were seizing the opportunity regardless of severity. Knowing full well that everything from media to politicians to big tech would complement the emerging tyranny.

I still believe he made some missteps though. Far, far too much benefit of the doubt was given to "experts" with massive conflicts of interest, dubious histories, and continuously incorrect "facts." It took far too long to address, though admittedly, there are complicating factors when doing anything that goes against the agenda that was/is in play.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Given that the original scenarios had us losing best case 2 million people and they were up front with this, I'm not sure what else we were to have been told.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There was nothing to "prepare" for anymore than you would "prepare" for cold and flu season. Do you know how to wash your hands, not to go out when you are really sick and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze? Then you were prepared. POTUS did the right thing by not causing a mass panic over nothing. This isn't and wasn't EBOLA.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly.

I might think that when faced with a truly Bad scenario (that is modeled), that we should look very deeply at anyone giving us that information and get diverse actual expert opinion.. But in the context of what was presented, I think this was the correct move on Trumps part.

Even so, it seems blatantly clear to me that the "public health experts" we (and he) rely upon are not even remotely concerned with the health of the public. As such, the doubt and double-checking should be proportional to how extraordinary their claims are, particularly when it comes to government measures and approach.

Regardless, panic is bad and the media did a fine job of instilling it themselves. In this situation, "downplaying" it also seems to align circumstances more closely with reality.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
I really do feel sorry for you Trump supporters. You guys actually think this guy stands up for you, when really he is against all of us. a reply to: KTemplar

Trump could walk out onto the street, and shoot an innocent person, and his loyal supporters would still follow him. That is how string his cult is right now.

The only way people will wake up from this, is if he is not elected again, but sadly, it is looming lime he will be, so this cult will grow bigger and bigger

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: shooterbrody
P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

Hope you have more cards to play as your hand appears weak sauce.

What the hell happen to ats

i saw 10 years of posting accusing bush of knowing about the terrorist attack that lead to +/- 4500 people calling him a traiter...now this guy knew about the threat and is downplaying action lead to 200 000 death and you guys say nothing burger

WTF

So you're pissed that Trump actually achieved the CDC's own best-case mitigation projections? If a dem managed to do that (impossible I know), you'd be giving them a f$%kin ticker tape parade.

There's no denying your ignorance bro.

actually last pandemic threat the democrat where in power and the did pretty good

and how do you figure he achieved the best projection when i remember they where at 60 000 when trump made those comment...then the projection change every week with the projected number going higher cause trump dint do nothing

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Yes I was prepared.

Do you know what A symptomatic means?

There is a possibility people may not have attended rallies had they been aware! Herman Cain for example!

edit on 10-9-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: ras321

Trump could walk out onto the street, and shoot an innocent person, and his loyal supporters would still follow him. That is how string his cult is right now.

The only way people will wake up from this, is if he is not elected again, but sadly, it is looming lime he will be, so this cult will grow bigger and bigger

you right he just kill thousands and they are ok with it....the guy just comit crime agains humanity

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

Yes I was prepared.

Do you know what A symptomatic means?

There is a possibility people may not have attended rallies had they been aware! Herman Cain for example!

Asymptomatic mean we should alll ware mask ffs...you might have covid and you dont know and you walk in public infecting people like a real douche bag
edit on 10-9-2020 by THeGreaTZoiD because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

There was nothing to "prepare" for anymore than you would "prepare" for cold and flu season. Do you know how to wash your hands, not to go out when you are really sick and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze? Then you were prepared. POTUS did the right thing by not causing a mass panic over nothing. This isn't and wasn't EBOLA.

is war agains mask he did the opposite of what he believe was right...in the recording he said how dangerous it was but to you guys he said it was nothing....why telling the truth to woodward in private and then lied to your face...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The last pandemic threat ... they did nothing well.

Remember H1N1?

“It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Ron Klain, who was Biden’s chief of staff at the time, said of H1N1 in 2019. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. If anyone thinks that this can’t happen again, they don’t have to go back to 1918, they just have to go back to 2009, 2010 and imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

H1N1, btw, is the descendant of Spanish Flu, and it got out of control on Obama/Biden's watch before they knew what was happening.

Over the course of a year, the H1N1 flu infected 60 million Americans, but claimed only 12,469 lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Also remember that the flu is something we know how to make a vaccine for. There has never been a successful human coronavirus vaccine used on the scale we're talking about here. There *may* be experimental MERS and/or SARS vaccines. So in this case, vaccine development is a huge hurdle as compared to synthesizing the proper flu vaccine. But even that was seriously slowed down by glitches in development.

Meanwhile, Congress continued to focus on its big ticket items, not the pandemic.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join