It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
you don't know who bob woodward is??? woodward and bernstein they brought nixen down by exposing the watergate scandal...go watch "all the presidents men" which is based on the book....

a quote from berstein Bernstein said.

"The people who are on the scene who know Donald Trump, who are participants in his presidency, and are telling us the truth about this man, his actions, and his real words as in this case. The same thing happened in Watergate. We used anonymous sourcing at the Washington Post — Deep Throat — almost all 200 of our stories about Watergate were based on anonymous sourcing. That’s the only way to do this. And we must continue in the press to do our reporting day by day by day because that’s how we know who this president — what this presidency really is. The fake news is the president’s news. We’re doing the real reporting

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

I have to ask,

Who is this Woodward guy that the President seems to have conversations with for some reason even though he wrote a negative book about him called Fear in 2018.

So Trump calls up this guy to talk to him even though this guy writes crap about him? Does anyone find this hard to believe? Does he have any video? I would assume so since Trump seems to talk to him often for some reason.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Ten days later, Trump called Woodward and revealed that he thought the situation was far more dire than what he had been saying publicly.

Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

Woodward questioned Trump repeatedly about the national reckoning on racial injustice. On June 3, two days after federal agents forcibly removed peaceful protesters from Lafayette Square to make way for Trump to stage a photo opportunity outside St. John’s Church, Trump called Woodward to boast about his “law and order” stance.

In another conversation, on June 19, Woodward asked the president about White privilege,

In another conversation about race, on July 8, Trump complained about his lack of support among Black voters. “I’ve done a tremendous amount for the Black community,” he told Woodward.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

Hope you have more cards to play as your hand appears weak sauce.

What the hell happen to ats

i saw 10 years of posting accusing bush of knowing about the terrorist attack that lead to +/- 4500 people calling him a traiter...now this guy knew about the threat and is downplaying action lead to 200 000 death and you guys say nothing burger

WTF

how could you vote for that animal and be able to sleep at night...i dint like hillary at all i tough she was now not authentic...but she was right about one thing you guys really are a basket of deplorable

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

i saw 10 years of posting accusing bush of knowing about the terrorist attack that lead to +/- 4500 people calling him a traiter...now this guy knew about the threat and is downplaying action lead to 200 000 death and you guys say nothing burger

WTF

how could you vote for that animal and be able to sleep at night...i dint like hillary at all i tough she was now not authentic...but she was right about one thing you guys really are a basket of deplorable

The experts originally project 2.2 million dead in the US from COVID.
www.cato.org...

I'd say 0.005% of the original projection is overwhelming success, even though the real numbers are about 6% of 200,000 without any other comorbidity or 12,000. For reference, there are 650,000 deaths from heart disease annually in the US, is that a problem? 600,000 deaths from cancer, is that a problem?
edit on 10-9-2020 by panoz77 because: sp

edit on 10-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As if potus has control over covid.....
Leaving the decisions to the governors was the BEST thing he could have done.
It exposed the crap bag governors.

Thanks for the deplorable badge.
Perhaps you should learn a bit about our civics before you attempt to dump on the potus.
You look foolish.
The hillary comment cements you partisan foreign bs.
Did your foundation money dry up?

Oh and trump, while a jackass, is light years better than retread biden.
Wait till biden gets to answer for benghazi, fast and furious, and the irs scandals at the debates.
Oh and using the intel apparatus against his political opponent.
Lol
It will be glorious.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
how can you compare cancer and heart disease to covid....cancer and heart disease don't spread from person to person like covid or a flu or a cold will.....this Ridiculousness has to to stop

originally posted by: panoz77

P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

WTF

www.cato.org...

I'd say 0.005% of the original projection is overwhelming success, even though the real numbers are about 6% of 200,000 without any other comorbidity or 12,000. For reference, there are 650,000 deaths from heart disease annually in the US, is that a problem? 600,000 deaths from cancer, is that a problem?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Btw, both of those conditions are comorbidities of COVID.

edit on 10-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

But both heart disease and cancer make it far more likely that you will die if you get COVID. How many of the current COVID deaths were helped along because the people who got them also had either heart disease and cancer to battle too?

I'll help you out.

The first COVID death in this area where I live as an elderly man in a nursing home. He was taken to the hospital suffering from a cardiac condition where he passed away, but at the hospital, health care workers noticed he had other symptoms. He was tested posthumously and it was discovered he also had COVID. What killed him - his heart disease or his COVID? I can tell you how his death was listed.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry I thought it was the responsibility of the elected president to decide what information they deseminate to the American people and what is kept under wrap in the pursuit of leading the country.

Are we now suggesting that a president must bring all information to the people and take public opinion poles to direct the course of the country.

Its one thing to be an individual person who thinks a danger is occurring ... all of us on this message board knew the virus was deadly, so did every elected person from dog catcher to president.... its an entirely different thing to lead a state or a country; where you need more than just your emotional opinion on a subject and where your decisions have far reaching implications and unintended consequence.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
time for Congress to call back into session and restart impeachment hearings against the criminal

a reply to: Gnawledge

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

So is the flu, but just like coronavirus, it's not something you shut the country down with. Trump handled this the way he should've. Had he made a big deal about it, democrats would screaming from the mountain tops about how he overdid it and caused widespread panic. And don't act like you wouldn't be in hear screaming with them.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeenieWeenie
time for Congress to call back into session and restart impeachment hearings against the criminal

Lol
Will it work out your way this time?
Do you even understand the timeline required for such?
I would wager you do not.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm. . . .

So Trump wanted people to remain calm and the left wanted everyone wearing panic pants.

no a #in panic mask

going out in public without a mask is as stupid as sleeping with a prostitute without a condom.
its got nothing to do with politic but by downplaying the virus and fighting all the expert trump made it about politic

all those expert he discredit just to fit he's downplay narative...What a douche

I've never slept with a hooker, but I've walked into every store I've been to without a mask on, and I've yet to miss a day of work. The spread of fear is more dangerous than the spread of the virus. Your post is a great example of that.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Ummm. . . .

So Trump wanted people to remain calm and the left wanted everyone wearing panic pants.

no a #in panic mask

going out in public without a mask is as stupid as sleeping with a prostitute without a condom.
its got nothing to do with politic but by downplaying the virus and fighting all the expert trump made it about politic

all those expert he discredit just to fit he's downplay narative...What a douche

I've never slept with a hooker, but I've walked into every store I've been to without a mask on, and I've yet to miss a day of work. The spread of fear is more dangerous than the spread of the virus. Your post is a great example of that.

I've been exercising ... INDOORS ... all summer without a mask. And no one has gotten sick yet. Numbers in my area are steadily dropping.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: neformore

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

Making a mountain out of a molehill is what the democrats have been doing since Trump was elected. This is nothing more than another mountain they've made. People are going in for tests, leaving before they can get tested, and getting calls back that they tested positive. Democrats are being caught in public without masks after thinking a camera wasn't on them. People love to frown on those who choose not to wear a mask, claim it's selfish and spreading the virus, yet they say nothing about DNCLM running around terrorizing people and burning cities to the ground.

You'll have to forgive me for calling this coronavirus fear overplayed and not buying into it. You do you though, wear a mask if you choose, that's your right. And I'll choose to go without because that's my right. Besides, if you're staying 6 feet away from me, what's the problem if I'm not in a retarded mask?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LSU2018

Ummm. . . .

no a #in panic mask

I've been exercising ... INDOORS ... all summer without a mask. And no one has gotten sick yet. Numbers in my area are steadily dropping.

Same here (minus the exercising lol). I go into Kroger without a mask on and when people see me without a mask, I'll notice them take theirs off. My mom has been tested twice (I visit her and dad 3 or more times a week) and my wife has been tested and they were negative every time. Not wearing a mask sure has infected us all, eh? Hell I don't even wash my hands after pushing a random cart through the store.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Sounds good, but you know as well as the rest of us that if Trump would have called this a threat, the democrats would still be up in arms and flailing about how much panic he caused. They only good that would have come from that speech is that the economy wouldn't have shut down and we'd be hearing about how the virus isn't dangerous at all. And I wouldn't have to be bugged by LSU only being allowed a 25% stadium capacity at their games.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
....this Ridiculousness has to to stop

P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

WTF

www.cato.org...

Yeah, it does... Blaming the president for a single corona death is in and of itself the most ridiculous thing I've heard come out of this and I'm glad the country is taking notice. Scream as loud as you want to, people are waking up and ignoring the annoying screams.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm enough of a team player that I'll wear the mask into the exercise studio and out the doors, into the martial arts school and out the doors, but when I'm on the floor, that thing is off. I'm not sure exactly how much "disease prevention" that accomplishes, but there it is.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
how can you compare cancer and heart disease to covid....cancer and heart disease don't spread from person to person like covid or a flu or a cold will.....this Ridiculousness has to to stop

P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

WTF

www.cato.org...

Correct, they don't spread, yet hundreds of thousands of more deaths annually. Which is a bigger problem? Something that causes 12,000 annual deaths, or something that causes 600,000 annual deaths? COVID quarantines will likely cuase more deaths than the virus itself due to people being held up in their homes, not getting exercise, not working and eating more, causing more obesity and heart disease. This in itself is a greater health risk than the virus.
edit on 10-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeenieWeenie

Lol
Will it work out your way this time?
Do you even understand the timeline required for such?
I would wager you do not.

Bean Weenie knows Trump is heading for 4 more years so he's ready to get the procedure going again. Democrats are toast if they start trying to impeach Trump over well known BS again though. They've already shoved part of their base to the middle or right, I guess shoving more at this point won't sting as bad.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join