It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

As you say, it has been repeated time and time again yet still people choose to ignore it and rail against wearing them.
The rationale used is that wearing a mask is an invasion on their civil liberties akin to a restriction on their Second Amendment Rites or Freedom of Speech etc.

FFS, wearing a mask is a mild inconvenience, a very mild one at that....its not a hardship really.
Put mask on, go into shop, buy whatever it is you want, come out of shop, take mask off.
And it might, just might, help stop the spread of this virus.
Why wouldn't a normal, reasonable, considerate person do that and try to help save people's lives?

If it doesn't stop the spread where has been the harm?
They've had to put a mask on and be mildly irritated and inconvenienced....wow, what a big #ing deal!

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

He said the exact same thing to the press in March. Another nothing burger..

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: neformore

As you say, it has been repeated time and time again yet still people choose to ignore it and rail against wearing them.
The rationale used is that wearing a mask is an invasion on their civil liberties akin to a restriction on their Second Amendment Rites or Freedom of Speech etc.

FFS, wearing a mask is a mild inconvenience, a very mild one at that....its not a hardship really.
Put mask on, go into shop, buy whatever it is you want, come out of shop, take mask off.
And it might, just might, help stop the spread of this virus.
Why wouldn't a normal, reasonable, considerate person do that and try to help save people's lives?

If it doesn't stop the spread where has been the harm?
They've had to put a mask on and be mildly irritated and inconvenienced....wow, what a big #ing deal!

Mountain and molehill spring to mind.

I agree with all of that. If you actually have the virus and are contagious, then having the mask on will help stop it spreading.
At my job, they didn't implement masks until the end of June. No one got sick where I work, but they sure did at other employers similar to mine, like Boeing Everett. Definitely getting sick of having masks on at work in sweltering end of summer heat though, plus the added smoke from the wild fires makes it a lot harder still.

The damage to the economy has destroyed millions of lives and jobs. I think that the horrifying abuse of state authority has done far more damage than the virus. My employer cut half it's workforce. I only retained my job because I am their only aerospace painter. Other people far more senior with 15 years on the job let go to cut costs due to 50 percent loss in aerospace related contracts and supply chains down the line who have cancelled orders.

A lot of the state governors are soy inspired cowards, coupled with the desire to try and hurt Trump by blaming him and keeping things locked down in full economic damage mode. < That's where the true damage is coming from.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I can sympathise with people who have to wear masks all day at work.
It must be terrible in the middle of summer etc.

I worked as a spray painter in a trailer factory quite a few years ago.
It was very hot in the spray booth but I got used to it.....and I knew as soon as I came out the booth I could take the mask off.

But I've got to say that if I was still doing that job - the factory shut down years ago, there's a retail park there now - I think I would maybe had a little moan and just got on with it.

It's these people who are bleating on about their civil liberties.....ffs, get a sense of perspective.

As for the economy?
I honestly don't know what the right course of action was.
Our 'leaders' had every manner of 'expert' trying to put their oar in and influence policy.
Its not as if they had any precedence to learn from and the pressure must have been immense.
I didn't envy them, but that sort of goes with the job.....and I've got to say I haven't been impressed with either of our leader's handling of the situation. Far too many inconsistencies and orders that seemed petty and at times pointless.

Our PM sort of went missing for a while and his lack of leadership and decisiveness has been astounding.

Your President only took his foot out of his mouth to swap feet.

I'm no economic expert but its obvious they both made mistakes....but what were the alternatives and who could have done a better job?
Its easy criticising.....its a damn sight harder coming up with solutions and/or options.

edit on 10/9/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here’s my $0.02-

All politicians are liars, so that’s nothing new or unexpected.

But I must say, I find it hypocritical when the right goes on and on about the left not being able to handle facts, how they need to deal with reality instead of living in a fantasy land and need to toughen up.

Trump’s been touted and celebrated for being the guy who “tell’s it like it is”. A bit of a contradiction in this context.

All that said, it doesn’t really matter if he came out and was up front about it or not, MSM and the left would still come running out with their pitchforks because that’s what they do.

IMO- I think it would have been better for the country if he addressed the people at the start of this, left all the BS at the door, sat down behind the ole’ resolute and said “America, we have a threat that we all must take seriously. This is not a time for politics, this is something that will effect the lives of all Americans, regardless of what side of the aisle you are on. We need to unite as a country and work together to protect ourselves to the best of our capabilities. Casualties are expected, but we must remain calm and steadfast. We don’t know all we need to right now, so while we’re figuring this out, we all must play our part in doing what we can to stay strong and hold each other up.”

While I’m sure the left would have found a way to attack that sentiment, I think it would have gone a LONG way in silencing the dissenters who continuously point out how Trump is divisive while simultaneously working towards uniting the country.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
so Trump knew what we knew in early Jan - February... am I missing something here LOL...

what is the big deal?

It was in early Jan - February when we saw other countries panic buy over COVID. By the end of March in the US all the masks, TP and hand sanitizer where emptied off the shelves.

Good thing Trump didn't freak-out the clueless idiots all at one time.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

He let the experts tell it like it is. The information was out there. That was never throttled.

What would you have had him do act like this:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD
going out in public without a mask is as stupid as sleeping with a prostitute without a condom.

Only to clueless TDS deranged morons...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He let the experts tell it like it is. The information was out there. That was never throttled.

I literally wrote what I thought he should have done and it had nothing to do with hysterics. And if other people told it like it was, Trump was doing the opposite with downplaying it. Come on now, ‘telling it like it is’ is what got people to vote for Trump, not Trump allowing other people to tell it like it is while he does the opposite.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Here’s my $0.02-

But I must say, I find it hypocritical when the right goes on and on about the left not being able to handle facts, how they need to deal with reality instead of living in a fantasy land and need to toughen up.

Trump’s been touted and celebrated for being the guy who “tell’s it like it is”. A bit of a contradiction in this context.

All that said, it doesn’t really matter if he came out and was up front about it or not, MSM and the left would still come running out with their pitchforks because that’s what they do.

IMO- I think it would have been better for the country if he addressed the people at the start of this, left all the BS at the door, sat down behind the ole’ resolute and said “America, we have a threat that we all must take seriously. This is not a time for politics, this is something that will effect the lives of all Americans, regardless of what side of the aisle you are on. We need to unite as a country and work together to protect ourselves to the best of our capabilities. Casualties are expected, but we must remain calm and steadfast. We don’t know all we need to right now, so while we’re figuring this out, we all must play our part in doing what we can to stay strong and hold each other up.”

While I’m sure the left would have found a way to attack that sentiment, I think it would have gone a LONG way in silencing the dissenters who continuously point out how Trump is divisive while simultaneously working towards uniting the country.

Problem is, even the experts like Fauci were full of #, and they were the ones advising the POTUS. Fauci initially said DON'T wear masks (because he wanted to conserve them for the medical workers), that was Faucis advice, the "expert". Nobody had enough information on this virus in March to give the correct information, we are still getting conflicting information to this day from all sides. However, it is now very clear that this virus is not as serious or deadly as the democrats or media want us to believe, Trump WAS right, it was never anything to panic about and it was NEVER a pandemic, unless you consider the common cold a pandemic.
www.businessinsider.com...

Here is good old Nancy in SF Chinatown, good advice?
www.nbcbayarea.com...
"Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi toured San Francisco’s Chinatown Monday to send a message. She said there’s no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area out of fear over coronavirus concerns. Mark Matthews reports."
edit on 10-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That really was enough......sums it up perfectly.

I think it would have been better for the country if he addressed the people at the start of this, left all the BS at the door, sat down behind the ole’ resolute and said “America, we have a threat that we all must take seriously. This is not a time for politics, this is something that will effect the lives of all Americans, regardless of what side of the aisle you are on. We need to unite as a country and work together to protect ourselves to the best of our capabilities. Casualties are expected, but we must remain calm and steadfast. We don’t know all we need to right now, so while we’re figuring this out, we all must play our part in doing what we can to stay strong and hold each other up.”

Replace Trump with Johnson and the USA with the UK and that would be equally true.

I've always said politicians would get more respect and people would buy into their policies and actions etc if they were open and honest from the start.
Just give us the #ing truth....we're grown adults and we can deal with it - well, not too sure about these hyper-sensitive youngsters we are producing nowadays.

Please stop with the evasiveness, the two faced hypocrisy, the self-aggrandising and the party politics and just tell us it as it is.....no bull#, no softening it up, no legalese or technobabble, just the plain and simple facts in laymans terms.

Not a massive Lennon fan but got to say he got it spot on here:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

I literally wrote what I thought he should have done and it had nothing to do with hysterics. And if other people told it like it was, Trump was doing the opposite with downplaying it. Come on now, ‘telling it like it is’ is what got people to vote for Trump, not Trump allowing other people to tell it like it is while he does the opposite.

The Canadian prime minister told the truth and no Canadian panic...all canadian are warring mask...even the inuits are warring there masks...nobody panic....only 9,155 died ...the economy is reopening...the bars start to open....

things are slowly getting back to normal

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Even Fauci agrees Trump relayed all the facts to the American people as they discussed them.
Lefties trust Fauci...Right?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Even Fauci agrees Trump relayed all the facts to the American people as they discussed them.

fauci sold is soul too trump

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Awww...That's to bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Awww...That's to bad.

yeah to bad trump got blood on is hands...the guy kill thousand by downplaying it.
criminal negligence...nothing less

edit on 10-9-2020 by THeGreaTZoiD because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Donald Trump is out of town
So the town is out of clown.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Donald Trump is out of town
So the town is out of clown.

good one....

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Lol
The people backing the guy who claimed to graduate college with 3 degrees, and was busted for such in public, are mad about an alledged lie?
Pffft

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
P.S.
Trump>covid19 bs

Hope you have more cards to play as your hand appears weak sauce.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join