It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he knew Covid-19 was deadly even though he downplayed it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.
In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.

He lied to all of us

The book, using Trump's own words, depicts a President who has betrayed the public trust and the most fundamental responsibilities of his office. In "Rage," Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.
"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

So Trump think people are to stupid to deal with the truth
is job was to inform the people so they could protect themself...maybe it was time to panic and curb it once and for all

in the article there is a few recording that woodward release from one of 18 interview all recorded....so more truth to come

www.cnn.com... rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

btw This is breaking news not political mud-pit

+77 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: THeGreaTZoiD

This is CNN pushing a hack trying to sell a book.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Maybe he knows something like the truth hurts.
Perhaps that was all behind his thoughts that the truth can really hurt so trying to prolong the truth was in his mind the best approach at the time.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

DJT plays agreat idiot, so does Boris mind you, and what about Bush lol, BO played the black man, And what about all those female heads of state.
anybody would think there is an agenda at play involving a complete reversal of many trends, a union of opposites almost.

But why all the idiots in charge, is this a conditioning tool..... seems to be working.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
incoming Orange God JO squad in 3....2....1

Also - he mentioned to Woodward in the same interviews about a super-secret nuclear weapon that nobody knows about. Not sure if this is the same as the "super duper missile" we already have

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
incoming Orange God JO squad in 3....2....1

Also - he mentioned to Woodward in the same interviews about a super-secret nuclear weapon that nobody knows about. Not sure if this is the same as the "super duper missile" we already have

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Perhaps that was all behind his thoughts that the truth can really hurt so trying to prolong the truth was in his mind the best approach at the time.

so people ad to die instead of getting hurt by the truth

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

This is CNN pushing a hack trying to sell a book.

there is audio recording from Trump mouth

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

LMAO, you're several months late to this party.

Even the Liberal outlets I listen to are screaming "nothing burger" and won't get behind this hack reporting.

If you think you have a legitimate "gotcha" moment here, you're delusional!

Good luck with this old/new information, I'm sure Trump is #ed this time!!! Lol

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I have to ask,

Who is this Woodward guy that the President seems to have conversations with for some reason even though he wrote a negative book about him called Fear in 2018.

So Trump calls up this guy to talk to him even though this guy writes crap about him? Does anyone find this hard to believe? Does he have any video? I would assume so since Trump seems to talk to him often for some reason.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Ten days later, Trump called Woodward and revealed that he thought the situation was far more dire than what he had been saying publicly.

Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said. “I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic.”

Woodward questioned Trump repeatedly about the national reckoning on racial injustice. On June 3, two days after federal agents forcibly removed peaceful protesters from Lafayette Square to make way for Trump to stage a photo opportunity outside St. John’s Church, Trump called Woodward to boast about his “law and order” stance.

In another conversation, on June 19, Woodward asked the president about White privilege,

In another conversation about race, on July 8, Trump complained about his lack of support among Black voters. “I’ve done a tremendous amount for the Black community,” he told Woodward.

edit on 9-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Even the Liberal outlets I listen to are screaming "nothing burger" and won't get behind this hack reporting.

You say this about anything that exposes Trump of being an incompetent and useless idiot.

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ummm. . . .

So Trump wanted people to remain calm and the left wanted everyone wearing panic pants.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

you live in denial go read the article its not old woodward just release the recordint today you can clearly ear trump saying that he downplay the virus in feb "i always gonna downplay it" and in the same rcording said that he know how deadly it is but i will still downplay it...

and in a press conference today he dint denied it en said he lied not to cause a panic

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I'm hearing today from the media is a repeat of 2016. The results will be the same this year as they were in 2016.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm. . . .

So Trump wanted people to remain calm and the left wanted everyone wearing panic pants.

The NBA got the Panic ball rolling by canceling the entire season after just two Utah Jazz players contracted covid-19, followed immediately by Nike closing all its stores, and then Democrat Governors shutting down their states.

Totally irrational actions by all of them, but those of us who have followed the inner workings, understand why.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He's the guy who broke the Watergate story. Trump and Jared thought it was a good idea to sit with him. He was advised against it. 18 hours of recorded tape later. We have this. We know how he loves to talk about himself so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Now of course we can say he didn't want to panic people with the truth, but between caravans of Mexicans, the Suburbs will be ruined and the Antifa are going to kill everyone tweets, seems like he wants people to panic, so that's a hard sell except to those that would still vote for him if he shot his wife on live tv.

He didn't have to lie to not incite panic. World leaders managed ok. He just didn't want responsibility nor the markets to fall.

Between this and the whistle-blower at DHS. It's a tough day for him.
edit on 9-9-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have to ask, Who is this Woodward guy that the President seems to have conversations with for some reason even though he wrote a negative book about him called Fear in 2018.

Link

Bob Woodward, who’s been a world famous journalist for about 50 years. He’s written books on pretty much every Presidential administration.

The things you guys don’t know about never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ummm. . . .

no a #in panic mask

going out in public without a mask is as stupid as sleeping with a prostitute without a condom.
its got nothing to do with politic but by downplaying the virus and fighting all the expert trump made it about politic

all those expert he discredit just to fit he's downplay narative...What a douche

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This is Trump supporter logic right here!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join