It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada lets Muslim off on a "real" hate crime

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

How is it when someone says anything against "gays" or Muslims its "hate speech" but when its against the Israelis a "muslim" gets off the hook. I am angry at the "double" standard...........................

Hate speech being complete BS notwithstanding its the "hypocracy"....

the reason it is not hate is outlined in my first post to this thread. i beg you to read it . the problem is that he did not point out that it was because they were jews that WOULD be hate. what he was trying to say was that because they are an extended part of thier millitary they can be considered combatants and therefore legitimate targets. it is a point that is debateable, it is also an excuse to legitimize the killing of civilians, (that being that they may not be considered civilians as they are a part of their militay).this is not actualy a hate ishue it is an ishue of that may well fall ino the realm of legitimacy a military lawyer may have the knowlege as to weather they are considered civilions or not. he also did note stae that it is HIS opinion. in point this is a legitimate ishue are reserve forces considered combatants if not on active duty or not. personaly i don't believe so but that is MY opinion. in all reality thier being jewish or not IS IRRELIVANT. in fact i understand that some muslims may also be in the isrial armed forces and as such this staement covers them as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Dr is a troll. His logic is absurd and arguments circular. Apparently the Dr does not believe in free speech. That is his perogative. The only thing I ask is that he stay down south. We don't need people in Canada who feel free speech is acceptable only when it fits within their agenda.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
The Dr is a troll. His logic is absurd and arguments circular. Apparently the Dr does not believe in free speech. That is his perogative. The only thing I ask is that he stay down south. We don't need people in Canada who feel free speech is acceptable only when it fits within their agenda.

Peace,
Lukefj

Actually I travel to Canada very often on bizz............Edmonton for work at the University............Have first hand knowledge of the insanity there...

Free speech has already gone down in Canada. The entire "hate" speech law kinda killed it. Now that you guys have FoxNews you might get your county back from the PC-Nazis.

As for calling me a troll.....isn't that "hate" speech?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
you know for once the cop's did something smart and did not go off half cocked as per norm.
will wonders never ceace

How is it when someone says anything against "gays" or Muslims its "hate speech" but when its against the Israelis a "muslim" gets off the hook. I am angry at the "double" standard...........................

Hate speech being complete BS notwithstanding its the "hypocracy"....

I know I know!
Cuz of all the violent backlash against innocent Muslims following 911? I read that there was a fair amount of it, and maybe the relatively recent aspect of this particular hate violence was enough to convince the courts that being Muslim, and peaceful, and a target, might get you pissed off, esp. at those people who have traditionally been your main foils.
I love the PCness of Canada, and wish it was more so. Then all this xenophobic paranoid ethnocentric ego defense mechanism hate that just seems to be eternal, maybe we can stop it.

Really likely..........ha ha ha When love rules, in oh a million years maybe.

I am so glad Canada is not so arrogant in general as horacid and so many others I read who have no acceptance of other nations validity, and oversized egos regarding their own nation as being 'all that and a bag of chips.' Trying to be more like Europe is a good thing, imho, since they are far more advanced along the timeline of development, the US and us are babies, we need to learn more from them. Not act like we are Rex Mundi, and all else must see it our way.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Peace,
Lukefj

Actually I travel to Canada very often on bizz............Edmonton for work at the University............Have first hand knowledge of the insanity there...

Free speech has already gone down in Canada. The entire "hate" speech law kinda killed it. Now that you guys have FoxNews you might get your county back from the PC-Nazis.

Good one, trolly trollheaded trollface, maybe you're right, since you are such an obvious member of the oppressed group known as trolls.....
I would say no though, cuz imho Muslims, Pakistanis, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Gays, Jews, etc, I had to stop somewhere, they all have faced far worse than being called 'troll', and therefore, as a rule, I bet they would probably be able to shrug it off. Being shot to death like that Sikh gentleman in the US was, cuz of 911, that is harder to shrug off....troll.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Here's one passport that should be revoked at our border...althoughthe Canadian/American border guards rarely even check passports these days, even after 911.

I heard the plumbing was poor at the University of Alberta. However, I fail to see how someone as full of **** as yourself could possibly help unclog the pipes

I thank the lord everyday due tot he presence of Fox news. Is there a better source of up-to-date, unbiased media anywhere in the world? It's no wonder you have such a muddled view of societal events when you use Fox as your Bible and Savage is your hero. Tsk, tsk.

As for my calling you a troll being "hate" speech I believe I will borrow from one of your lines "truth does not equal hate."

Good day sir.
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Peace,
Lukefj

You're dissing edmonton? It's in Alberta remember? Eastern Canadians most commonly refer to it affectionately(and sometimes frustrated) as America Lite.
That comment right there shows you know absolutely nothing about my country.

As for us getting fox news. WRONG. The CRTC Rejected thier application. They are welcome to re-file in 2006 though
Whatever I could care less wether we get Fox News or not. We are getting Al Jazeera allthough a stripped down and dramatically toned down version as they do have to keep to certain standards as will Fox News(that is if they ever get accepted that is, the reason for rejection stems from thier claim(and Slogan) that they are "Fair and Balanced" I believe) so whatever I say let them in.

Just an FYI The CRTC is an independant orginazation supposedly seperate from the gov't in most cases.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
now, normally, doc, i agree with you on most topics, albeit, without as much zeal, but my point is this: it seems from the info you posted in the openning post, that what he was, indeed, trying to do during an open discussion is to have his audience understand from a muslim perspective, somewhat, the internal struggle of the palestinian terrorist. now, don't get me wrong, it is not necessary to understand it as much as stop it, but the facts seem to say that he was not expressing his own opinion on the matter. now, even if he was expressing his own opinion, it's just that and nothing more, and certainly nothing more than many have expressed here on this message board, in fact, much, much less than some here. had he done it in the US, he'd have been singled-out, no doubt, but criminal charges would never have been brought up at all, for any reason in conjunction with statements as such- just ridicule and scorn.

now, again, let me restate, normally, i agree with the things you post up here, at least to a small degree, but not with this one. the guy has a right to speak, whether he's allowed to by his government or not as- "we hold these truths to be self-evident."

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Here's one passport that should be revoked at our border...althoughthe Canadian/American border guards rarely even check passports these days, even after 911.

I heard the plumbing was poor at the University of Alberta. However, I fail to see how someone as full of **** as yourself could possibly help unclog the pipes

I thank the lord everyday due tot he presence of Fox news. Is there a better source of up-to-date, unbiased media anywhere in the world? It's no wonder you have such a muddled view of societal events when you use Fox as your Bible and Savage is your hero. Tsk, tsk.

As for my calling you a troll being "hate" speech I believe I will borrow from one of your lines "truth does not equal hate."

Good day sir.
Lukefj

Nice job............"standing ovation" please. You have just proven you own bias and half of the theme of this board.

As for plumbing..........Canada is cetianly full of human "waste" isn't it.

If it weren't for me U of A wouldn't have a Nanotechnology research lab......
Your Canadian Tax dollars at work...........Funding Doctor H...........

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Your Canadian Tax dollars at work...........Funding Doctor H

Uhh I highly doubt that, since when were Psychiatrists considered Nanotechnologists. You are making youself look more and more clueless "Dr" with every statement you make. Is this all a sham? Are you being paid to make Far Right wingers look like complete nuts? Well you're succeeding "Dr".

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How did I prove the point of this board? At one point you claim to be a therapist...now you're responsible for nanotech at U of A. LOL.

The fact that I said you should be stopped at the border and turned around has nothing to do with hate. I just don't believe we need people who spew hate in our country, so if we have an opportunity to prevent it we should. You are obviously one of those people who have a true distaste for freedom of speech, muslims, etc...so, if the opportunity presented itself we should prevent you from visiting our wonderful country.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Your Canadian Tax dollars at work...........Funding Doctor H

Uhh I highly doubt that, since when were Psychiatrists considered Nanotechnologists. You are making youself look more and more clueless "Dr" with every statement you make. Is this all a sham? Are you being paid to make Far Right wingers look like complete nuts? Well you're succeeding "Dr".

My second Phd is in mechanical engineering. My expertise is in Labs.
I am not a 'shrink" anyway. I have a Phd in psychology. I would have thought you would know the diff?

Just can't stand the thought of it can you. Liberal mecca Canada funding Doctor H.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

BTW: doctor I think you need therapy...

I am a therapist................be afraid, be very afraid.................

Was that a Threat doctor?
Are you trying to scare me?
Are you trying to use Fear against me?
Your goverment tactics will not work on me!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

How did I prove the point of this board? At one point you claim to be a therapist...now you're responsible for nanotech at U of A. LOL.

The fact that I said you should be stopped at the border and turned around has nothing to do with hate. I just don't believe we need people who spew hate in our country, so if we have an opportunity to prevent it we should. You are obviously one of those people who have a true distaste for freedom of speech, muslims, etc...so, if the opportunity presented itself we should prevent you from visiting our wonderful country.

Peace,
Lukefj

I don't practice pyschology, I did teach at one time. I do practice engineering.

Now you have just again demostrated the whole issue with the original post. You have no problem with a Muslim spewing "hate' about Israel but want to "bar" me for a few postings you don't understand on a message board?

Well that's Canada for ya............

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ahem,

I never mentioned wanting to "bar you from posting" any of your comments, even if they are neanderthal in nature. It is your opinion and I'm sure most people on this board have the common sense to take them for what they are worth.

If you didn't practice psychology you shouldn't have touted yourself as a therapist in an earlier posting. Out of curiosity, why would you take a PhD in psychology? I have an undergrad degree in psych and found that the field was so under developed that even its theorists couldn't agree on anything. I'm not trying to belittle your degree, a PhD in anything is quite an accomplishment, but what was your interest?

Your opinion of Canada is also quite strange. Perhaps you're trying to overcompensate for all of the anti-American sentiment out there by trying to drag a great and prosperous (note: not running record high deficits) country like Canada down with you.

Peace,
Lukefj

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ahem,

If you didn't practice psychology you shouldn't have touted yourself as a therapist in an earlier posting. Out of curiosity, why would you take a PhD in psychology? I have an undergrad degree in psych and found that the field was so under developed that even its theorists couldn't agree on anything. I'm not trying to belittle your degree, a PhD in anything is quite an accomplishment, but what was your interest?

Lukefj

I was in Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge....Pol Pot thingy. I originally wanted to try to understand how man could be so cruel to man. Human motivation..........I "technically" am a therapist. I DO NOT practice and never will. I did teach for a couple of years, just wasn't in my heart.

Peace and happiness be yours......

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you know what dr. for someone starting a thread on anti-hate (however misguided it was)you certanly seem to have a lot of hate to spread arround.
are you sure you haven't accidentaly snorted some microbe nanites? since when is fox news worth anything? i guess it is a case of garbage in garbage out.
now as for the canadian govenment. i don't hold much love for a lot of what they do but it is a far site better than what you have. presidents who are members of horrific secret societys. sex scandles in the oval office. presidential assasinations when someone dosn't like what they do (possibly even done by your own government agencies).election scandles galore. the fact that your drug crises may very well have been started by a governmental agency.i could keep going and going............
heck we have a pollitical party that is dedicated to seperateing (and that IS thier offical possition) that sir is what freedom is about the right to free think. according to what you have to say any possible slander againt isrial or the us is obviousely hate. but aparently anyone else is fair game. my god man the us government has been keepinginocent muslims locked up with no realavent charges because they MIGHT be involved in terrorist activities.think about it. you talk of impropper justice in canada why don't you look to your own back yard?
yeah the canadian govenment can be morons so can the govenment of any country, some are better some are worse. that is a sad fact of life. if you hate canada as much as you seem to why do you accept our money and work here? are there no possitions south of the boarder? if you hate canada so much it can't be helping you to work in a place overflowing with canadian evil.
i am actualy half canadian half american. a surprising amount of us are. both nations try to offer freedoms. both our countries tend to be run by morons. i truely think you need to take a good look at yourself and discover who you realy are. underneith everything canada and the us are probably the two sovern nations with the closest ties to each other. sure we don't always agree with each other but then again we are seperat countries. even brothes and the closet of friends don't always agree. i truely think you need to use your head for more than as a place to put a hat.
you talk about the need to stop hate but at the same time are full of hate yourself. i bet if given the chance you would lock up everyone who might possibly be from the middle east or even canadian decent and throw away the key. i feel sorry for students that come into contact with you. if this was this was 1939 would you be one of the ones to say "sig hail mon furer" or one to try to help those supressed by society. my bet would be that of the first. try to learn to be more tolerant and listen to what people are saying don't be so sweyed by what goes on arround that you forget to think on what you see and hear before condemation. you would villify someone for what you assume you see and hear without thing of what is realy being said, hasty to jump to conclusions and condem what you realy don't know. learn to open up your mind to all possibilities. after all isn't that what this sight is all about?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Perhaps, but what about the "wahabi" brainwashed types? I would still classify this as anti-semitisim being allowed on national TV.

Ahhhhh...finally someone who recoginizes the issue of wahabbism....That is indeed a major defining issue in separating the fanatics from regular Islamist who simply worship their own god! Personally I'm a bit ambivilent on this topic, seeing as I am sure that the palestians are tired of the whole drama going on over there....much like the blacks in South Africa....the palestinians actually do have a right to their homeland....Imagine that!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
you talk about the need to stop hate but at the same time are full of hate yourself. i bet if given the chance you would lock up everyone who might possibly be from the middle east or even canadian decent and throw away the key. i feel sorry for students that come into contact with you. if this was this was 1939 would you be one of the ones to say "sig hail mon furer" or one to try to help those supressed by society. my bet would be that of the first. try to learn to be more tolerant and listen to what people are saying don't be so sweyed by what goes on arround that you forget to think on what you see and hear before condemation.

Such "tollerence" there OGO................look beyond your own nose and guilt for the "hate" you hide inside.

Pointing out the truth of 'Islamic" hate for Jews doesn't mean I hate muslims. The insanity of the entire PC movement is the point here.

Don't ever compare me to anything Nazi. You have no clue.

I have watched canada's decline into anachy for many years. I have so many friends that have moved 'South" to escape the Taxes and PC BS.

This thread illustrates the complete loss of perspective on the REAL world by Canadian liberals.............I couln't have written a better script myself proving the complete decline on a once great nation.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So someone tell how this guy hasn't violated the following

Section 319(1): Public Incitement of Hatred

The crime of "publicly inciting hatred" has four main elements. To contravene the Code, a person must:

communicate statements,
in a public place,
incite hatred against an identifiable group,
in such a way that there will likely be a breach of the peace.
Under section 319, "communicating" includes communicating by telephone, broadcasting or other audible or visible means; a "public place" is one to which the public has access by right or invitation, express or implied; and "statements" means words (spoken, written or recorded), gestures, and signs or other visible representations.

All the above elements must be proven for a court to find an accused guilty of either:

an indictable offence, for which the punishment is imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
an offence punishable on summary conviction.

www.media-awareness.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join