It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reports a possiblility of CA, WA, OR seceeding from the union if Trump wins

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

FFS, give up with the faux outrage and being such a drama queen.

One or two years on ATS is actually thirteen and I've met a fair few American's in 'real' life.

We all have opinions and impressions of people(s), surely even you'll recognise that.

Now when did I say I know what the 'pulse of America' is, please quote me.
But judging by the replies of some of the members in this thread - and please bear in mind that I have had interactions with quite a few of them on quite a few occassions over the years - it gave me the impression that quite a few were reasonably supportive of the sentiments expressed.

How on earth does that equate to me thinking I know what the 'pulse' of America is?
From where did you pluck that from?

I've never professed to know all about anything, ever.
And do you know why, because I know very little about most things....but I like sharing what little I do know and what opinions I have for what little they are worth.
That's why I've been on ATS for so long.....I like talking cod# to strangers.
Do it for long enough some of those strangers aren't strangers any more, just strange.....just look at AM!

Really don't know why you've got the arse over this....I'm not the one advocating nuking Beijing or bombing American people.

You were the drama queen LOL you inferred America wants to nuke Washington, Oregon and California if they secede from the union. LOL that was you.

That shows your "judgement" not outraged at all and I'm actually in a decent mood LOL and hope you are too. Which brings up another point we miss the nuances and tone when we "read how people feel " same goes for a 10-15 second blurb on the news or even an extended OP-ED piece. I like talking cod# to strangers too,besides they would never get enough public support in those states to secede.Thats just fear mongering among the press and media it sells,never the less if they tried the Feds would do something LOL maybe not bomb them but a convenient assassination here and there, some arms and financial support for the opposition. Sort of like we do in other countries...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
wont happen,they will need money due to the fires

They'll need water too, and all of that comes from states farther east.

California's water comes from California. Less hype. More facts.

Where does my water come from?

Los Angeles was developed in an area without enough water and no, the Colorado River water does not come from California.

Google "Los Angeles County Supervisor Kenneth Hahn and you will find lots of articles where he and entire county board were trying to find a way to get the water from the Snake and Columbia Rivers, and through a series of canals and such take the water to Los Angeles County. There were actual court battles over it.

It's sad really that all those millions of people live in a place that simply can't support them due to lack of natural resources. When it was first settled, farms failed due to bad soil. No lie, do some research.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: incoserv
Maybe they could make Newsome president of the new republic. I'll watch from a distance.

Bye, Felicia.

It just occurred to me... The more we support them leaving, the less compelled they'll be to leave. Democrats can't make it without having something to scream at.

What we need to do is tell them they're not leaving because we won't let them. Then as they pull away from us, let loose your grip and let them fall backwards. Then we can celebrate.

You are brilliant!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I watched a little bit of the Rochester protests last night. They had a speaker, didn't know who, who was telling the crowd if they are black, don't have a felony, they need to get a gun permit.

The previous speaker, somehow used twisted logic to tell the crowd since Nike exploits Chinese labor it's ok for them to raid the Nike store.

Anyway, I don't know why more clips from the riots aren't making their way into social media.

A gun permit in New York takes about three years, if you know someone.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
wont happen,they will need money due to the fires

They'll need water too, and all of that comes from states farther east.

California's water comes from California. Less hype. More facts.

Where does my water come from?

Nope.
But , if one states "the water THEY HAVE " that would make that a truer statement .

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let them leave. I won’t miss the west coast looneys.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

hey, we are not all looneys!
some of us live on the right hand side of those states.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not sure of the other states, but if Washington state attempts this the officials will be eviscerated right after.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Eh let them go.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Strategically. It is possible. The outcome, I believe very quickly those states will be absorbed back into the union.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You were the drama queen LOL you inferred America wants to nuke Washington, Oregon and California if they secede from the union. LOL that was you.

Err....no it wasn't.
One member stated that 'you' should let the three states mentioned leave, give them three days to let those who wanted to leave and then bomb them.
Another member said that the US should have nuked Beijing back in 1946.
Other members expressed opinions that sort of supported those suggestions.....maybe not seriously, however.....

Maybe you mis-read or mis-interpreted me?

Perhaps you should re-read the thread?

......not outraged at all and I'm actually in a decent mood LOL and hope you are too

I'm pleased to hear that, its too easy to not be in a decent mood given the strange times we are in at present.
I personally am in that good a mood I'm going to go out and spend me some money on something, not sure exactly what yet.....but something nice.

Hopefully we can continue talking bollocks to each other, sharing our opinions and observations and hopefully learning something as we go along whilst being respectful and courteous.

But I can't guarantee a certain amount of sarcasm and irony won't creep into my posts.....or taking the piss, it is after all our national sport over here.

edit on 10/9/20 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Lol you guys think you're texas.

Lulz I bet you won't.

And if u did you would be undermining the US while sucking China off

Heh your life broh waste it how you see fit.

Just remember it all when you get violated.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Good.

let the liberals have their own country so they can stop inflicting there views on everyone else.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

The Federal govt isn't suppose to "Rule".

Their job is explicit.
Protect rights and protect commerce.

Yes the Federal govt got turned into a giant monster but if we get rid of 95%+ of all these needless busybodies and corruption, and return to our Constitutional basis, it'll work fine.

States power is just creating 50 federal govts that are prone to all the same mistakes.

Then states will war over border disputes politics and other pointless #.
edit on 9/10/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don’t see a war plan with what you outlined. Leaving the nation doesn’t mean war, thankfully. I think everything is just worked way overboard thanks to endless media being available for us to consume now.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 10-9-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

CAWAOR Bunga Dude.............

The Country would be Better Off with the Useless Eaters that Infest those States Fending for themselves WITHOUT Constitutional Rights Enjoyed by ALL Americans . On the Other Hand , Federal Troops could Wipe Up that Mess there in 7 Days if Ordered by the President , and the Rabble Imprisoned for Crimes Against the State . Who is Kidding Who here > ? ........

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My God how petty and immature can people be? If this even becomes a serious discussion, much less happens, humanity is doomed as the average person is now so stupid and childish there is no future for us.
edit on 9/10/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
One can only hope they do secede. Let's see how well they do for themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
My God how petty and immature can people be? If this even becomes a serious discussion, much less happens, humanity is doomed as the average person is now so stupid and childish there is no future for us.

too late

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join