It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reports a possiblility of CA, WA, OR seceeding from the union if Trump wins

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
But CA takes in more money from D.C. than it sends to D.C.. CA needs DC.

The last study on this shows they are tax neutral.

People like me in New Jersey are paying for the rest of the mooches.

edit on 9-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's not a coincidence the secessionists are the same people that hate the Constitution especially your rights to firearms and right to practice your religion.

They Hate God, they Hate our Constitution, they Hate your Freedom to disagree, and they hate you.

They are the army of Hate (and stupidity).

Their main goal is absolute power to turn all of you into trannies with foul mouths wandering feces filled crime ridden streets.

Basically.

Look I don't care what you gotta do at this point. Eliminate the problem I'm done with this #.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
Go ahead leave the union. But don't forget to return all US military equipment and personnel.
You're on your own now!

BTW, Russia or China will be coming ashore minutes later

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Actually you're paying the interest on loans.

Your tax isn't enough to pay for all this.

Thankfully central banks are magical and make $$$ appear outta no where with promissory notes.

Hahaha

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Do you actually believe this?
Astounding
The truth is that the Federal Government has clearly enumerated powers
If those powers aren't listed in the Constitution then the Feds don't have it.
Part of the problems we have are the results of an overreaching Federal Government

link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
originally posted by: [post=25412285]Actually you're paying the interest on loans.

It's also paying for the welfare programs in places like Moochabama and South Brokalina.

edit on 9-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

link   
I watched a little bit of the Rochester protests last night. They had a speaker, didn't know who, who was telling the crowd if they are black, don't have a felony, they need to get a gun permit.

The previous speaker, somehow used twisted logic to tell the crowd since Nike exploits Chinese labor it's ok for them to raid the Nike store.

Anyway, I don't know why more clips from the riots aren't making their way into social media.

link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

Go ahead leave the union. But don't forget to return all US military equipment and personnel.
You're on your own now!

And when they do, amass a massive military line on the western border and bomb the hell out of the west coast. If we were to get lucky, maybe they'd set off a few of the major fault lines and nature would finish the job.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes but you get to live in the wonderful state of New Jersey...

I kid of course I'm sure there are some fine areas of New Jersey and you dont have to pump your own gas LOL I ran across this recently

www.mentalfloss.com...

As more and more states around the country began to offer self-serve gas stations in the 1970s and '80s, New Jersey stayed put. Nowadays, some politicians will even refer to the matter as a source of state identity and pride. In a 2011 radio interview, Governor Chris Christie said, "People in New Jersey love the idea that they’ve got somebody to pump their gas," adding, "I don’t see that changing."

In 2015, New Jersey General Assemblyman Declan O’Scanlon introduced a bill that would lift the ban. “I am offended by people that argue that New Jerseyans are mentally incapable of pumping their own gas without setting themselves on fire," O'Scanlon said in a press statement.

O'Scanlon made one semi-concession to the old law, recommending that stations hang signs on gas pumps reminding people to turn off their engines. The recommended text seemed to mirror the assemblyman’s exasperation: “Do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, set yourself on fire!!”

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

You're on your own now!

China is behind this.
They needed to slow us down cuz we're insanely superior to them militarily.

This is a sabotage attack on our society itself.

Totally normal behavior in history, enemies always try to undermine each other's social fabric.

MacArthur was right about China. Beijing should have been nuked in 1946.

Now we pay for our weakness. The enemy doesn't care about human life and will make everyone suffer for lacking the balls to destroy communism when we had the best chance to do so.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

...and you dont have to pump your own gas LOL I ran across this recently!

Nope, and it's still cheaper than most states. For now...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I keep on getting told that this can't happen, but.......

I'm going to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here: If there was a referendum in each of these three states and the people voted by a clear majority to leave the USA would they be allowed to?
Would the rest of the USA respect The Right to Self-Determination?

I know its a hypothetical situation but I'm curious.....the impression I'm getting from this thread makes me think that there's no way this would be allowed to happen and that the three states would be prevented from leaving the Union, by force if necessary.

And yet again we see American's talking openly about bombing and killing other American's......and you wonder why the rest of the world has the impression and opinion it does about the USA and its people?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This is an article about a strategy group that proposed this as one action they would potentially advocate for but ATS, in typical retarded fashion, thinks the states actually proposed this.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I keep on getting told that this can't happen, but.......

I'm going to play a bit of Devil's Advocate here: If there was a referendum in each of these three states and the people voted by a clear majority to leave the USA would they be allowed to?
Would the rest of the USA respect The Right to Self-Determination?

I know its a hypothetical situation but I'm curious.....the impression I'm getting from this thread makes me think that there's no way this would be allowed to happen and that the three states would be prevented from leaving the Union, by force if necessary.

And yet again we see American's talking openly about bombing and killing other American's......and you wonder why the rest of the world has the impression and opinion it does about the USA and its people?

Give me a break it's one person on a message board no less and you throwing that blanket over all Americans LOL. You got a broad brush not to mention seems most here are saying fine let them go, but that that doesn't fit your brainwashing does it.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember when Texas threatened to bail if Obama was elected for a second term. I still have property in Texas and was looking forward to Texas becoming it's own country. But, like always in the lone star state....all hat, no cattle!!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't know if they can do it by vote but they can't do it by force:

18 U.S. Code § 2385.Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
originally posted by: [post=25412285]Actually you're paying the interest on loans.

It's also paying for the welfare programs in places like Moochabama and South Brokalina.

Don't kid yourself, you're also paying for the welfare programs in actual welfare states like California and Illinois... the federal tax dollars may not directly fund welfare in the liberal states, at least according to the books, but that federal money pays for other bills like infrastructure, freeing up state money that then goes to welfare.

www.marketwatch.com...

It's all a sham, the only difference is some states openly apply the federal money to welfare while other states effectively launder the money to artificially appear self reliant. End of the day, leeches are leeches, mooches are mooches, and every state panders to that crap heavily.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
California separating from the Union.... don't make me laugh .

California is barely hanging on as is , People are leaving in droves because of the taxes , there GDP worsens year after year , droughts, wild fires etc etc etc

Washington and Oregon are mirror images what one does the other will do, they are simply extensions of California .

Let them leave , they contribute nothing California on the other hand it could never survive with out Assistance from the Government.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Don't kid yourself, you're also paying for the welfare programs in actual welfare states like California and Illinois.

What you do with your money is your business, taking a dollar for every dollar you pay in is net tax neutral which both of those states are in the last report I linked.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Can't pump your own gas in Jersey?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join