It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reports a possiblility of CA, WA, OR seceeding from the union if Trump wins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Go ahead leave the union. But don't forget to return all US military equipment and personnel.
You're on your own now!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
Go ahead leave the union. But don't forget to return all US military equipment and personnel.
You're on your own now!

A revival of the wild west...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
cares?

In all seriousness though I've pondered about what de-federalizing the USA would do. More control for the people on the state level without an out-of-control federal government trying to appease everyone. It would bring a more authentic democracy in my opinion. Although divided we may be weaker to all sorts of foreign influences.

I'm a Federalist when it comes to this debate.
And my side won the Civil War.

States having more power results in WAR on our home soil. They must be put in check.

We absolutely need a strong central power to keep the 50 states in line.

The US Constitution says clearly that it and Fed law is the law of the land and any state contravening it cannot withstand it.

Supremacy Clause.

If you think States need more power than you're against the current Constitution and are reenacting the plight of the Confederates.

I'm more anti Gov than anyone on this whole website but we need to be reasonable here and look at the context of history and the purpose of the Constitutional documents.

Most power is intended to be in we the ppl.
2nd power is Fed
3rd State
4th local

When the state's get too much power they revolt against the Fed. It's repeated over and over.

The FBI needs to be arresting any politician suggesting rebellion and nip this before it turns into rivers of blood.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
You're on your own now!

Let's just arrest them and charge them with felonies before this turns into air strikes and artillery barrages on American soil.

Thats where this is going if it doesn't stop.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It didn't go well for the last group that tried to leave. If they try it then the ones responcible would be aprehended and tried for treason.

It is just so stupid to think it would happen because if it did it wouldn't even last a week. I say a week because that may be the longest amount of time they were given to come to their senses before the hammer fell and crushed them. Once the decision was made they wouldn't last a half hour.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
Great job once again by the NYT. Oh, but it’s Trump who is inciting divide in the country.

What the hell is this crap, NYT?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
twitter.com...

that is the commie scum's twitter. the author of the article.
go on twitter, let him know what a traitor he is.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Make my f*ing day, week, year, LIFE! PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
seceding from the union takes time. Trump's win is almost assured with the current riots and all. I think they need to get a head start on all this and get busy leaving.

I hope they aren't like all those celebrities who claimed they were going away, then didn't have the stones to leave.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It might sell a few newspapers but it's never gonna happen. There's only a small percentage of completely brainwashed liberalunatics out here who would be on board. The "normal" libs that I know want no part of this sh!tshow. It will be interesting to see who votes and who stays home.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I must have twenty friends and relatives that will move back to the UP if they secede from the union in those states. Boy, are we going to have to build a long wall if they decide to secede.

The UP should secede from the US too, blow the bridge and start a new country here, we will have a Yooper of a time if that happens, hopefully a bunch of Democrat anarchists won't immigrate here if we do....they ruin the fun of living.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats started one civil war, so now they threaten another civil war !!!

Maybe Canada annexes 3 now Provinces ? 🤣

If they left, there wouldn't be a war because the rest of the country outside of NY and DC would pay to get them out of here.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
cares?

In all seriousness though I've pondered about what de-federalizing the USA would do. More control for the people on the state level without an out-of-control federal government trying to appease everyone. It would bring a more authentic democracy in my opinion. Although divided we may be weaker to all sorts of foreign influences.

The media mentions it as scare tactics to a certain extent but it is still floating out there. No doubt it would bring up a slew of issues we aren't even thinking of. As you said could you imagine if certain governors had unfettered access to the millions CHina or other countries would want to spend?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If those states were to secede, there should be an announcement giving normal people in those states three days to vacate to safe states before starting a bombing campaign.

I can’t wait for that to happen
Drop 10 MOABs along the San Andreas Fault and watch California disappear into the ocean.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

What was the Civil war?
Racist Democrats wanting to cede.

What's happening right now?
A bunch of racist democrats wanting to cede.

Same reasons too.

Who knew Trump was so similar to Lincoln?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Maybe they could make Newsome president of the new republic. I'll watch from a distance.

Bye, Felicia.

It just occurred to me... The more we support them leaving, the less compelled they'll be to leave. Democrats can't make it without having something to scream at.

What we need to do is tell them they're not leaving because we won't let them. Then as they pull away from us, let loose your grip and let them fall backwards. Then we can celebrate.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
No one is talking about that here in the west. Certainly not the majority of the left. More political trash to stir division. But garbage like this is a fan-favorite here at ATS. Keep on fanning the flames. Have fun.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

On a constitutional level there is no procedure for a state to secede.

This is also in California's constitution.

"The State of California is an inseparable part of the United States of America, and the United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land."

They should let every state east of the west coast vote on whether or not that part can be changed.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It didn't go well for the last group that tried to leave. If they try it then the ones responcible would be aprehended and tried for treason.

It is just so stupid to think it would happen because if it did it wouldn't even last a week. I say a week because that may be the longest amount of time they were given to come to their senses before the hammer fell and crushed them. Once the decision was made they wouldn't last a half hour.

Correct.

Thankfully these are the same idiots that condemn the 2nd Amendment - so they have no means to fight anyways.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Bluntone22

On a constitutional level there is no procedure for a state to secede.

This is also in California's constitution.

"The State of California is an inseparable part of the United States of America, and the United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land."

They should let every state east of the west coast vote on whether or not that part can be changed.

A Constitutional referendum requires all participate. Editing the Constitution is a very long hard process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join