It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists can’t explain Puzzling Lack of Coronavirus Outbreaks in Africa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

COVID effects minorities more because people of a lower socioeconomic status have less access to healthcare. Not because of some BS genetic difference.

Yes but...

people from an African and African-Caribbean background, like people of south Asian origin, are more likely to suffer from cardiovascular problems anyway. Hypertension, for example.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much research until recently but the indications are that there is a genetic factor as well.

We live in an age of wonders and I'm sure there will be more established soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beestie
Well, the sun is a natural sterilizer because of the UV light it emits and we have plenty of sun going around here in Africa?? Maybe it's as simple as that...

Which doesn't explain why Australia had an epidemic in midsummer...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Waterglass

Regarding the number of deaths, few functional civil registration services and thus statistics exist on the continent, raising questions about the reliability of mortality data.

Link

It’s Africa.

It’d be crazy to assume a place like Africa would give you accurate numbers on something like this. Even so, this will no doubt be used as a talking point by everyone who wants to believe a pandemic that happened out of flu season killing 200,000+ isn’t a big deal.

It’s not a big deal.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
And the sun don’t shine in the rest of the world? You get 5 minutes in the corner with the hat.

a reply to: Beestie

Why, because I asked a question? As long as its a MAGA hat I'm fine with going to the corner.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Maybe not as much anti bacterial products are used in Africa?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Things are different in Africa. Most of the population live in tin shacks or huts so they are forced outside rather than being cooped up indoors, its not possible to sit in one of those dwellings during the day. Our lockdown didn't go well because of this also as people couldn't stay indoors in these settlements.

It was only a though and a question, we'll have to wait for a proper study to be sure why things are different here. I see the US is busy with such a study atm regarding sun exposure and covid.

The reason I'm leaning towards solar ration is our exposure time here. I also use inline UV lights on my animal's water to kill bacteria and viruses and for this to work properly is exposure time so the flow must be slow, lets see what the US study says.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
There's more direct sun exposure in sub Saharan Africa, half the year its pretty gloomy and overcast in tropical regions.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
From South Africa, and I'm convinced I had Covid-19 in December 2019 already.

I was very sick with like gargling lungs, and when I bounced back a few days later I told my coach, "You won't believe it, but I had a chest infection, and the doctors were standing around me and discussing whether to put me into hospital".

And he was like: "Bah, doctors nowadays, just money making".

That was about 4 months before we had out first tested case (or supposed patient "zero").

But I think the virus already swept through SA before they even tested, or had tests by March 2020.
And then they only tested airports (although strange - or rather politically convenient - that despite our massive economic links and personnel interchange with China, the first confirmed patient brought it from Europe).
en.wikipedia.org...

So, I'd argue that when testing and the lock-down began there was already widespread herd immunity in SA.

edit on 15-9-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
From South Africa, and I'm convinced I had Covid-19 in December 2019 already.

I was very sick with like gargling lungs, and when I bounced back a few days later I told my coach, "You won't believe it, but I had a chest infection, and the doctors were standing around me and discussing whether to put me into hospital".

And he was like: "Bah, doctors nowadays, just money making".

That was about 4 months before we had out first tested case (or supposed patient "zero").

But I think the virus already swept through SA before they even tested, or had tests by March 2020.
And then they only tested airports (although strange - or rather politically convenient - that despite our massive economic links and personnel interchange with China, the first confirmed patient brought it from Europe).
en.wikipedia.org...

So, I'd argue that when testing and the lock-down began there was already widespread herd immunity in SA.

That sounds like a better theory than solar radiation hey. I had a respiratory viral infection in February that the doctor couldn't ID. Same symptoms as yours. Was sick for around 5 days. After I went back to the office the guys started dropping one by one till it ran its course. We thought it was just bronchitis. Not a single person at our office became sick after February thus far.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Beestie

Yip, but I'll doubt any of the "command council" scientists will ever admit it on paper.
I'll be surprised.
Because they dived into a lockdown without ever first establishing any of this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join