It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists can’t explain Puzzling Lack of Coronavirus Outbreaks in Africa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Africa probably doesn’t have testing for Covid like the west. And if they do, the west wouldn’t care about the death rates, they never do with anything that happens in Africa.

I’d go so far as to highlight that the west keeps Africa as a third world continent.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stu112
Africa probably doesn’t have testing for Covid like the west. And if they do, the west wouldn’t care about the death rates, they never do with anything that happens in Africa.

I’d go so far as to highlight that the west keeps Africa as a third world continent.

Nothing you state here addresses the elephant in the room here.

COVID is billed as an existential threat to humanity. People prostrated and dying in the streets (literally, if you buy the footage from early on that came out of Italy and horrified the world). Such a huge threat to the existence of humanity, that we had to completely cease operating global economies. The same global economies that we have had wars over and killed millions of people over.

Yet, with all this in mind and with Africas several billion+ population, along with the inadequate medical care that exists, we have not seen a hundred million dead africans.

So which is it? Is it an existential threat to humanity, with all our medical and scientific wonders? Or is it a virus that your "third world continent" is surviving just fine without all the wonders of western luxury?

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Hydroxychloroquine is over-the-counter in Africa. It is used routinely to treat malaria.

Yet, we have multiple studies that are pushed in the west showing that quinine type drugs do not work on COVID.

So which is it? They are working, or they aren't working

(not directed at you, its rhetorical)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
do you realize that flu occurs in the upper respiratory tract and covid 19 occurs in the lower respiratory tract....that is why people with covid were getting blood clots which DOES NOT happen with the flu..That guy who was in rock of ages on broadway lost a leg from blood clots before he finally died ...and recently a woman got blood clots and was very likely to lose her hands

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I think it less likely Africa has less cases and more likely they haven't the capacity in most countries in Africa to test

They cant medically treat either. So why didnt Africa get hammered? I asked this back in july. Why werent homeless wiped out?

At this point im satisfied saying COViD is a hoax and folks have been dying from flu. Its a virus that threatens human existence. Except if you protest. Or are homeless. Or live in Africa. Or just want to attend a Biden rally.

False positves AND negatives welp beyond a reasonable error rate. How do we know positives arent created by swabs with a reagent that is preloaded and meant to give positive results?

So we are left with the original question then. Why are homeless people and Africans not dying in droves? Its an existential threat. One that justified people losing their jobs, the entire sum of their lifes work.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Stu112

Nothing you state here addresses the elephant in the room here.

COVID is billed as an existential threat to humanity. People prostrated and dying in the streets (literally, if you buy the footage from early on that came out of Italy and horrified the world). Such a huge threat to the existence of humanity, that we had to completely cease operating global economies. The same global economies that we have had wars over and killed millions of people over.

Yet, with all this in mind and with Africas several billion+ population, along with the inadequate medical care that exists, we have not seen a hundred million dead africans.

So which is it? Is it an existential threat to humanity, with all our medical and scientific wonders? Or is it a virus that your "third world continent" is surviving just fine without all the wonders of western luxury?
Africa doesn’t have western journalism that blow everything out of proportion. There will be plenty dying from Covid related issues but there’s no hype there. The west won’t report it, they prefer scaring their own sheep

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
That’s BS anyone in the US can walk into any ER and demand care .

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Can look at it various ways.....
Did they themselves really have a serious outbreak? If true then could the reason they didn't bother stopping international flights was to "make use of a bad situation"?
Was it yet again another accidental release from a newly designated level 4 containment facility? Seems they have had a number of these "accidents" ...rather careless for a containment facility. If it was an accidental release again were they taking advantage of the situation to bring the West to its knees?
They lied to WHO
WHO lied to the rest of the world
China claimed to be the cavalry and sent out medical "troops" to affected countries with faulty tests & faulty PPE which resulted in more infections and inaccurate testing
Quite possible that further infections were purposefully transmitted during the CCP's "helping hands" scenario
Also quite possible that because they went internationally and didn't prevent international travel that infections were accidentally spread

None of us at the bottom of the pile bloody well know what is going on in reality. We have to sit at home waiting for our dear Governments to contradict themselves yet again and make the best of it

I can only put 2+2 together in my own head and come to my own conclusions that China are enacting their 100yr plan earlier than anticipated due to circumstances arising out of this pandemic. As yet there is very little actual proof of anything concrete but when world leaders insist on lying (and this is aimed at almost ALL leaders) there's little chance of the truth coming out anytime soon

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
It is probably because of the fact that many people in Africa use anti malaria medicine like hydroxy chloroquine but also nivaquine and paludrine. So if these other brands have similar ingredients like there are in chloroquine, chances are they were pro actively protected.

Thats an interesting idea!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stu112

Raw numbers are immune to hype. Thats not it. Counting dead bodies doesnt require a hype man.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Can look at it various ways.....
Did they themselves really have a serious outbreak? If true then could the reason they didn't bother stopping international flights was to "make use of a bad situation"?
Was it yet again another accidental release from a newly designated level 4 containment facility? Seems they have had a number of these "accidents" ...rather careless for a containment facility. If it was an accidental release again were they taking advantage of the situation to bring the West to its knees?
They lied to WHO

China didn't reveal the full extent of the problem early on, but did release full details later, and this was audited by muliple national teams, including Taiwan's that very early on was critical of the way China initially handled the situation.

Trump has admitted that he was aware of the seriousness of the virus but downplayed it, again and again, for seven months:

‘Beyond Despicable.’ Joe Biden Unloads After Trump’s Taped Admission He Downplayed Covid Threat - Rolling Stone

WHO lied to the rest of the world

Fact check: President Donald Trump vs. the World Health Organization - USA Today

Who did what, when...?

China claimed to be the cavalry and sent out medical "troops" to affected countries with faulty tests & faulty PPE which resulted in more infections and inaccurate testing

So did the US:

U.S. agency investigating production of faulty coronavirus test kits - Reuters

Quite possible that further infections were purposefully transmitted during the CCP's "helping hands" scenario
Also quite possible that because they went internationally and didn't prevent international travel that infections were accidentally spread

With governments tracing the all new outbreaks back to individuals, by genetic markers, I don't think they'd get away with this for long. Hence it would be pointless to expose themselves in such a way.

None of us at the bottom of the pile bloody well know what is going on in reality. We have to sit at home waiting for our dear Governments to contradict themselves yet again and make the best of it

I can only put 2+2 together in my own head and come to my own conclusions that China are enacting their 100yr plan earlier than anticipated due to circumstances arising out of this pandemic. As yet there is very little actual proof of anything concrete but when world leaders insist on lying (and this is aimed at almost ALL leaders) there's little chance of the truth coming out anytime soon.

I think it is far more likely that our respective national leaders have no better ideas and technologies than international ones. The playing field is rather level and the science will triumph over the BS and the rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

First off, we both don't know what the amount of usage of HCQ in SA is over time (we can only make an educated guess or rough estimate as in 'more or less' during a given period, using common sense for example; see answer to my own questions further below). I doubt very much that they (the people living in SA) completely "stopped using it".

Second, the major increase in deaths(/pop) was in June. The wave pattern seen in the decline after July (more mid Aug actually, with a peak from Aug. 5 - Aug. 13, taking into consideration the irregularity of death statistics reported and the major correction on July 22 that isn't a real peak but a cumulative of missing deaths from previous days), is a normal pattern for such disease outbreaks. The Lancet situation and consequent behaviour of the WHO pulling HCQ from their clinical trials (which sends a message to physicians and bureaucrats worldwide, many countries were pressured by the WHO to stop using HCQ during this time as well) happened at the end of May, not July.

Hence, this sentence of yours:

"why were daily COVID-19 deaths higher when they were using HCQ and lower when they stopped using it?"

does not reflect reality. But since you didn't answer my questions about:

You think that [what happened concerning the Lancet study at the end of May and subsequent marketing crap] might have effected the number of physicians willing to use HCQ in the fight against Corona in SA? Or how about the number of people or Covid-19 (potential) patients that make an effort to get it either for malaria or Covid-19 or any other reason for that matter (one way or another, through asking the physician or perhaps it's even available over the counter there, or a less effective and more problematic alternative like CQ or quinine)?

I'm gonna go with "yes, it lowered those numbers", i.e. HCQ was used less after the end of May, on a downward decline as every piece of marketing crap came trickling in early June, just as deaths increased during that time. So the reality is that deaths were much lower when they were using HCQ fairly extensively (Mar - May), then increased as use of HCQ probably* decreased in Jun - Sep (daily deaths are still higher in the period Aug-Sep than in the period Mar- May; the wave pattern is to be expected and nothing unusual). *: answering the earlier question with "yes, it decreased the use of HCQ compared to Mar-May".

Keep in mind that SA's figures were some of the worst for Africa from fairly early on, as were many areas in North Africa where malaria is not that common and tourism from Europe more significant (such as Egypt, although the gap to SA now is quite large). Even in Mar-May they detected lots of cases, as the mortality rate stayed low in comparison to some of the major European countries for example (most of which had a CFR of above 10%, from Italy to Spain to France to the UK).

You can talk about the subject of a "miraculous mysterious resistance" if you can't resist, but that subject doesn't interest me, nor have I spoken about it in response to your comment focussing on SA. SA is not the most interesting country when talking about the low number of deaths/pop in Africa, they are basically the only major exception; it is however safe to say, that SA might have done something wrong compared to the countries in the more malaria infested areas of Africa where they are much more used to using HCQ than in SA, even though SA started out quite well in mitigating the number of deaths compared to the number of detected cases in the period Mar-May in spite of a much more significant outbreak than the rest of Africa. It spiralled out of control for them after May (in terms of people dying from it primarily). So that's when things really started to go wrong for them, or more wrong (they were already not doing that great on containment of the spread before that, but at least they were doing something that saved a lot of lives after infection up till the end of May, or doing that more).

“Hydroxychloroquine saves a lot of lives” says Dr who has now treated over 3600 COVID-19 patients
edit on 11-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, the sun is a natural sterilizer because of the UV light it emits and we have plenty of sun going around here in Africa?? Maybe it's as simple as that...

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
We know governments have never willingly poisoned their own people before, this proof alone is reassurance we can trust them and big tech completely. They are looking out for our safety...

a reply to: Waterglass

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And the sun don’t shine in the rest of the world? You get 5 minutes in the corner with the hat.

a reply to: Beestie

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This isn’t surprising at all. The average age in some of these African countries is as low as 20 years old. In all African countries the average age is much much younger than in other parts of the world. The virus usually only causes mild symptoms in young people. Engima solved.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

although it would be physically impossible to target a human by race , as there is no biological evidence or markers for race in our Genome , so making a Racial virus is impossible .

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Pretty easy explanation here, science based. This disease disproportionately affects people with underlying metabolic health disorders. Americans are obese.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
You need to contact those scientists and speak at their next convention. Then you will be nominated for the Nobel Prize.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
In my experience so far almost all leaders & politicians have downplayed the pandemic
I don't think Trump is unique in this regard
We here in the UK were told in March "oh it'll be fine no need to close the borders" "no need for masks" "Lockdown is a knee jerk reaction"
Only to backtrack months later
Then backtrack again and again and again

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beestie
Well, the sun is a natural sterilizer because of the UV light it emits and we have plenty of sun going around here in Africa?? Maybe it's as simple as that...

COVID is, in theory, a tropical disease. It would seem that its life cycle would have some defense against the naturally occuring UV radiation in our atmosphere.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join