It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White BLM Supporter Using N-WORD--Racist Or NOT Racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, I was treating the Tr as a grouped initial consonant cluster...which historically has been treated as a singular letter.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

dam, some 1960s humour, how current of you

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Try to stick to the 21st Century, not the 19th.

I know you can Google bLM flag burning and come up with tons of photos and videos where they're burning flags. And don't waste your time telling me that bLM doesn't represent the DNC.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly right. When I'm scrolling through Amazon Prime Video or Netflix and see something interesting, I look at its release date and if it was any time after 2009 or 2010 I'll usually skip past it because that's when all this PC crap started.
edit on 9-9-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It's so ridiculous we all makes jokes about it now. The other day, my mother-in-law asked me what color tennis shoes my wife had and I told her African-American. We all got a good laugh out of it. It's sad really that we've gotten to that point, but I'll use it to my advantage to make people laugh.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe no one should use it.... I know Blacks use it as a power word, but it doesn't help them in anyway. It just adds to a life of dysfunctionality. No Black person I know actually use the word and will not due to the negative history of the word, but then they are highly educated and successful. It seems it is used in an uneducated ignorance way or used to make money in a gangsta way...I do not see any positives thing to any of it, just as the No 2 hip hop song right now is WAP...and you wonder why the Black community is so dysfunctional at that level.

edit on 9-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's like when women go out on slut walks.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's terrible. Aren't these the same people that hate Trump for saying a rich man can grab a girl by the pussy? That's all they're talking about in that song. And who knew that to be a "rapper", all you had to know how to do is kinda talk, no rhythm necessary.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
But the anti-Tories party won in the 18th Century.

I thought all people can burn the stars and stripes.
1st Amendment and SCOTUS. Sorry, that's 20th Century.

So now I have to look at the BLM charter and see if they represent themselves as representatives of the DNC, or if anyone can think that BlackLivesMatter.

I'll just put a pin in that for now.
Other things cooking right now.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

They've been funding Biden's campaign.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's like when women go out on slut walks.

Tell me more of these 'Slut Walks'.

Where and when do they take place?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's terrible. Aren't these the same people that hate Trump for saying a rich man can grab a girl by the pussy? That's all they're talking about in that song. And who knew that to be a "rapper", all you had to know how to do is kinda talk, no rhythm necessary.

I don't think they mind if a guy came up and grabbed them by the pussy...lol

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Tell me more of these 'Slut Walks'.

Where and when do they take place?

Biden: "If you ain't slut walking you ain't black" end quite...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't think you'd like it. These days, they tend to wear pink pussy hats, but it started as a thing for rape survivors to do.

But the idea is to empower yourself by dressing as a slut. I never understood how using a demeaning term or how dressing in a demeaning way removed the demeaning aspect of it myself. To me, trashy is trashy.
edit on 9-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

So if I say Black Lives Matter

wait for it...
nah, let's try :BlackLivesMatter

did you hear that? Sounded like a ka-ching to me.

Let's try: BLM

woohoo! Easier than bitcoin. It's like magic.

Give it a try!

Wait a minute, is that why you don't spell it BLM?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've seen this video. This guy is an idiot if he thinks it's ok to use the word with an "A" at the end instead of "er".

I want to see him use that in a crowded room of Chicago thugs and see how long he is standing.

It's racist however you put the word.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know, the irony is that Huckleberry Finn was actually the first American novel by a widely recognized author to take on the institution of slavery. It showed Jim's quest for freedom through the eyes of a young white boy (who was also somewhat of an outcast) and in the process showed Jim as more human than property.

Blazing Saddles is a fairly recent film that came from the mind of the late, great Mel Brooks. It used comedy and hyperbole to emphasize how silly discrimination is, focusing on a black man who was appointed Sheriff over a small town specifically to drive the townspeople away. In the end, the black Sheriff ends up being a hero to the townsfolk instead. It still gets aired once in a while, but the audio is so badly mangled that it's hard to hear... and it loses most of the comedy value in the process of becoming more "sensitive."

Both of these examples were anti-slavery and anti-discrimination. Both used the vernacular of the time. Both have been restricted... probably only because they couldn't be banned completely. The Dukes of Hazzard didn't even mention that dreaded word, never had anything to say about discrimination in general, but the car driven by the protagonists of the series was called a name almost as bad... the "General Lee"... and had a *gasp* *shock* *awe* Confederate Battlejack painted on the roof. Not only was that show removed from syndication and pretty much locked away, but an attempted movie showed all the characters as exactly the opposite of how they were depicted! That's censorship based on a political ideology.

I loved the Dukes of Hazzard...

And now BLM/Antifa wants to remove the Lincoln Memorial? The memorial to the man who, rightly or wrongly, is socially accepted as the man who ended slavery in the USA!

This is indeed a circus show, and the subject of this thread just goes to show how little this has to do with removing actual racism and how much it has to do with political agendas.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

This is indeed a circus show, and the subject of this thread just goes to show how little this has to do with removing actual racism and how much it has to do with political agendas.

Your post brought to mind Al Jolson......

Al Jolson (born Asa Yoelson; 9 June [O.S. 28 May] 1886 – October 23, 1950) was a Lithuanian-born American singer, comedian, and actor. Jolson has been dubbed "the king of blackface" performers, a theatrical convention since the mid-19th century. He was also dubbed "The World's Greatest Entertainer" at the peak of his career. His performing style was brash and extroverted, and he popularized many songs that benefited from his "shamelessly sentimental, melodramatic approach. In the 1920s, Jolson was America's most famous and highest-paid entertainer.

According to music historian Larry Stempel, "No one had heard anything quite like it before on Broadway." Author Stephen Banfield wrote that Jolson's style was "arguably the single most important factor in defining the modern musical".

With his dynamic style of singing jazz and blues, he became widely successful by extracting traditionally African-American music and popularizing it for white American audiences who were otherwise not receptive to the originators. Despite his promotion and perpetuation of black stereotypes, his work was often well-regarded by black publications and he has been credited for fighting against black discrimination on Broadway as early as 1911

Oscar Wilde said ......

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.”

And yet.......

. In an essay written in 2000, music critic Ted Gioia remarked, "If blackface has its shameful poster boy, it is Al Jolson", showcasing Jolson's complex legacy in American society

Its HISTORY ........get over it!!

We are where we are, any journey is not without complications we are supposed to

learn from history and not use it to beat up the present.

edit on 10-9-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think i wrote c!nt. Yea it is wierd that ATS wont let us type the full word out. And also, everyone knows what you mean if you use a $#!% to not fully spell out the word.

It's very silly that we still bleep out words when it is just adults. It's a bit... retarded.

Wait i can say that? Madnes!

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The flip side is that profanity filters can be wonderful teachers too.

We all learned that apparently spook is or was or can be a racial slur when a video game kept filtering it. None of us knew that, but of course, we all had to go look up why it kept filtering the word and ... now we know! Sometimes, things should just be left to die in peace.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join