It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White BLM Supporter Using N-WORD--Racist Or NOT Racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"nig*a" isn't even a word. It's slang used by black thuggish people and white thuggish people. Anytime I hear the word, I think of unintelligent high school dropouts that had bad parenting growing up or rebelled from strict parenting. To be honest, I haven't wondered if it was racist or not because anyone who says it reminds me of the unintelligent HS dropout I mentioned above. Thuggish ruggish dummies.
edit on 9-9-2020 by LSU2018 because: Thought it would blank the word, don't want to get banned for writing it out.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's all about meaning and interpretation.
igger isn't negative in black culture but white people saying igger is too close to the word gger which has an obvious long history of racist use.

Words aren't black and white. # is considered a very bad word in the u.s. but is thrown around very nonchalant in England.

Right. Just like it's ok to scream "black power" but it's racist to scream "white power". It's ok to say black lives matter but it's racist to say white lives matter.

Why, in 2020 (55 years past civil rights), is ok to scream one but not the other?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's literally one white guy and i have heard other white people from the right use it as well. It's more of an issue of white people using 'n-word' or 'n-word' and no one calling them out on it.

Play a video game and listen to all the young kids use "'n-word'" every time they get pissed off. The reason they do this is because it's been turned into the ultimate cuss word by the democrats. In their effort to end racism by making that word the worst of the worst, they've caused millions of unsupervised white kids to use it in place of the F bomb. Back when Americans still had thick skin, that word rolled off the back of those now offended, and was therefore used far less.
edit on Wed Sep 9 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Back in the day we called white kids like that wiggers....but I guess that's unacceptable now too?

On another note, isn't it funny how one letter can make a word terrible...

Digger
Bigger
Rigger
Jigger
Trigger

Those words are all acceptable...but if i switch out the first letter with an 'n'....i'm racist...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Can white people shout "N*GGA" and no longer be Racist?

let's all go downtown and do an experiment...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

At my last family cook out my aunts called my grandpa racist. You know what his response was? "yeah, well so what?" I think the point I'm trying to make is real racists don't care if they're called racist, but calling innocent people racist only hurts society.
edit on 9-9-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good honking gravy, look at the midsection on that thing!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: ketsuko

BAAAAAAH! I almost pee'd my pants laughing

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It is funny from my personal experience, it more or less has to do with context an how familiar a member from said community would respond an individual use.

I kno brown an white have used in front a few characters, all the while the samw few characters have had used it on them, an it pissed them off.

Want to know what really pisses off black people morw, especially males...making fun of their Moms.
edit on 9-9-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Back in the day we called white kids like that wiggers....but I guess that's unacceptable now too?

Digger
Bigger
Rigger
Jigger
Trigger

Those words are all acceptable...but if i switch out the first letter with an 'n'....i'm racist...

And "bigger" can be dangerous for facebook or twitter or an email because the "B" and "N" are right next to each other. An epic troll move by Christopher Latham Sholes, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

We should just make Democrat a dirty word.

Cult 45 Dictionary:

Democrat: def.
America hater.
Flag hater.
God hater.
Bible hater.
Gun hater.
Terrorist.
Terrorist sympathizer.
Anti-fascist.
Fascist.
Anti-Authoritarian.
Authoritarian.

==============
They ought to be rounded up to save the country.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Digger
Bigger
Rigger
Jigger
Trigger

What's " Nrigger " ? Never heard or seen this word.

edit on 9-9-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It already is. But there's nothing anti-fascist or anti-authoritarian about democrats. They wouldn't support bLM or other terrorist groups if that was true, nor would they silence our free speech just because they disagree with it.

The rest of those definitions, they brought on themselves by calling patriotic Americans racist, burning American flags, hating on us and saying we cling to our guns and bibles, saying Christians are racist, or supporting moves like trading Bergdahl for 5 terrorist leaders.

You're more than welcome to dispute any of that and explain to me why none of the terms in your "cult 45" dictionary are untrue.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Back many, many moons ago, this subject came up. I couldn't understand it; in my culture it had devolved from a racist term to just meaning "black man." Sure, you could use it in a way that was derogatory, but that was all about the context and how it was said. I had honestly never given it any thought.

So when all the national furor over its use blew up, I figured "OK, it's a word. No biggie. If it bothers folks, I'll quit using it." Well, easier said than done... ever tried to just stop using a word? It's freakin' hard! Took me a while, and I still let it slip once a while in friendly conversation. For me it's not about anything disrespectful... I try not to use it out of simple respect for others.

But then I see this crap. What did I put myself through all that trouble for? Why am I showing respect to people who obviously don't respect a damn thing about me?

ANYONE who uses it openly, and I do mean ANYONE, especially in print or in a recording where there is the option of editing, needs to pay ME reparations for actually trying to show them some respect when they deserve absolutely zero.

It's either offensive on the face or it isn't. I don't want to hear about, and I don't give a damn about, anyone's "interpretation" or "connotation" or "privilege."

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Where's the thread of SLC police shooting a 13 year old white boy with autism. Surely that will go 30 pages victim blaming like all the threads of police killing black people????

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Patriotism has got to be the most misused word in the American lexicon.

Those great patriotic slave owners who decided to throw off the British yoke were probably a bit racist.
Those great patriotic confederates who decided to throw off the Northern yoke were probably a bit racist.
Those great Northern patriots who decided to keep the Union intact were probably a bit racist. (seems Lincoln himself had a hint of the superiority complex)

The word patriot comes from the Greek, meaning: 'from the same country'

So one group of people self identifying as "patriots" while calling their fellow country men "unpatriotic" strikes me as a bit unpatriotic.

Where can I find the film clip of DNC burning flags. Is that in the party platform somewhere?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's gotten so ridiculous on its face that it's gotten to that status of "use it to beat someone over the head whom I don't like".

You cannot even use it in the context of a scholarly discussion of the word itself. Look at us having that sort of discussion and performing all sorts of keyboard gymnastics merely to avoid typing it.

Now we all know precisely in what specific context that word ought never be used, and simply to type it for the dry purposes of discussing when we use, when we don't and why some folks can and can't use it in regular language the way they do is not that context.

Heck, reading and discussing Mark Twain's use of the word in Huckleberry Finn as an example of colloquialism isn't that context either, and yet people have been fired for holding such discussions.

And lately, you had a college professor put on administrative leave while he gets investigated for discussing the use of words like "uh" and "um" to fill space in your speach and he mentioned that the Chinese equivalent was "neega", and his students got all bent out of shape because it just sounded like the word in question!

This speaks more to a society that has willfully lost all sense of perspective.

edit on 9-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Political correctness has a lot to answer for........

From a time of innocence........

The word 'n-word' was used as a dog's name during the early part of the 20th century. A black explosive sniffer dog named Nigger served with a Royal Engineers mine clearance unit in 1944 during the Normandy Campaign. The black dog leading a sled dog team on the Terra Nova Expedition to the Antarctic (1910–1913) was also named Nigger. The term was not considered offensive in the UK until the 1950s, being found earlier in novels and other contexts and causing no remark at the time

Censorship

Nigger was portrayed in the 1955 British war film The Dam Busters, in which he was mentioned by name frequently. In 1999, British television network ITV broadcast a censored version of the film, with all instances of the name removed. ITV blamed regional broadcaster London Weekend Television, which in turn alleged that a junior staff member had been responsible for the unauthorised cuts. When ITV again showed a censored version in June 2001, it was criticised by Index on Censorship as "unnecessary and ridiculous" and because the edits introduced continuity errors.The code word "'n-word'" transmitted in Morse Code upon the successful completion of the central mission was not censored. More recently, in 2012, ITV3 had shown the film uncut a few times, but with a warning at the start that it contains racial terms from the period which some people may find offensive. However, in 2013 the film had been shown a few times by Channel 5 uncut and without any warning. On Thursday 17 May 2018 an uncut version was shown on the UK channel Film 4 with a warning explaining the film was historical and that some would find it to be racially offensive.

Some edited American versions of the film use dubbing to change Nigger's name to Trigger

Richard Todd, who played Gibson in the film, was interviewed on BBC Radio 4's Today programme in 2005 along with Jonathan Falconer, author of a book about the film, about the name of the dog and whether any remake of the film should retain the name.

Todd, in a pre-recorded interview, said:
With political correctness which is a new concept of a way of life in this country and I think all over the world it didn't exist when we made the original film so Nigger was Nigger, but nowadays you can't say that sort of thing

In the same interview, George Baker, who also acted in the film, in response to being asked whether any opinion had been expressed on the name at the time that the film was made, said:
No, none at all. Political correctness wasn't even invented, and an awful lot of black dogs were called Nigger

en.wikipedia.org...(dog)#Renaming

This new fangled world of political correctness....wokeness.... social justice warriors

has a lot to answer for. People are so thin skinned now they wouldnt have survived or

coped with the reality of the above.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

We were reflecting on this the other day while watching Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That's a movie that would never be made today. At the end, it's clearly supernatural, and given the nature of the relic - the lost Ark of the Covenant - it leaves open the possibility that God is real. It never says one way or the other, and Jones himself expresses skepticism in the beginning preferring to think of the Ark as history, not religion. And in the end, no more mention of the idea of faith is ever made.

However, just the idea that it's left open-ended like that would mean it could not be made in today's Hollywood. Temple of Doom might be all right, but The Last Crusade again would have problems.

There are a lot of great old '80s movies that have problematic things in them for various reasons that we still love, but modern Hollywood would never make or if they rebooted them, they would scrub them beyond all recognition.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is it like that other word"murd##". When BLM do it it means self defence, if a white man does it its murder. Oooo, notice that, I used BLM instead of black man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join