It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White BLM Supporter Using N-WORD--Racist Or NOT Racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So if you're one of the many white BLM members...are you no longer a 'Racist' if you use the 'N' Word...as long as you say you support BLM?

Case in point:
VIDEO:
twitter.com...

WHITE #BLM Protester Uses The N Word & Then Blames Hip Hop For His Stupidity

Now...this white BLM supporter says it's okay because he's 'woke' enough to understand that it's OK for him to use the 'N Word' because of 'Hip Hop'...and he personally spells the 'N Word' "N*GGA" instead of "'n-word'".

Is this true?
If you are white and say you support BLM...can you then use the 'N- Word' anytime you want?
Can white people shout "N*GGA" and no longer be Racist?

...or is this BLM supporter just full of s#it?

edit on Wed Sep 9 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's white so he's racist.
Nothing else matters.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So called black people have always considered it derogatory and offensive.

Case closed.

What so called black people say amoungst themselves is their business.

Hip hop says alot of things - doesn't make it right.

Any self respecting so called white dude would not use known derogatory or offensive words no matter what the influence.

He may not think he's racist, but he is somewhat but what he wholeheartedly is is -

Stupid and confused.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
He is an idiot. Thats all that matters. Didn't even watch the video, but whoever uses the N-word has disqualified themself from any serious discussion.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nothing else matters.

But he supports BLM...so he's not racist anymore.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You

Segregation, exclusion, black privilege......,

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's OK, only if it's directed at a black police officer. Coon, uncle tom and blood traitor are also acceptable.
www.policemag.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nothing else matters.

But he supports BLM...so he's not racist anymore.

More like he supports rioting and looting and generally running a muck and will ride that wave to excersise his underlying agendas of anarchy whilst spewing any rubbish from his mouth to try and continue the ride.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It just seems so unimportant. I personally would not use it because of the negative connotations of a white person saying it. Maybe it's fine if you're singing along to a song.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The way I understand it, that word is derogatory to an entire race of people so I can't see how anyone using it is kosher.

It's either bad or it isn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Being offended over a word is peak fragile.

Dare I say, Brown Fragility.

That might make a great title for a book!

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
It just seems so unimportant. I personally would not use it because of the negative connotations of a white person saying it. Maybe it's fine if you're singing along to a song.

Do you find yourself singing along ?

Now does that seem fine to you ? To each his/her own - I just don't see any use in the word myself, but hey YMMV

edit on 992020 by MetalThunder because: 963HZ

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A few thoughts.

Firstly its not really acceptable language really regardless of who you are, its a word that causes a lot of offence and hurt to a lot of people so I personally don't think it should be used, at least not in the context he was using it.

I would also highlight that assuming this guy supports BLM he does not represent BLM. I see this quite a lot people who pick out specific examples of idiots and say this is what BLM believe/say/whatever when really its just one idiot.

Lastly and controversially I would also make the obvious point that just because "Steve" on Twitter posts the video doesn't mean it's true. For all we know he got his buddy to pretend to be some BLM guy walking about using that language and speaking like this. Doesn't actually mean its true for all we know once the camera stops the two of them head down for a beer and start working on their next fake twitter outrage video. Basically all am saying is don't believe every video you see online because I could just as easily fake up a video of a few of the Proud Boys shouting Heil-Hitler or some other such bollocks.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Being offended over a word is peak fragile.

So 'STRONG' white BLM supporters should be encouraged to use the N-Word?

This is so confusing.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's all about meaning and interpretation.
'n-word' isn't negative in black culture but white people saying 'n-word' is too close to the word 'n-word' which has an obvious long history of racist use.

Words aren't black and white. # is considered a very bad word in the u.s. but is thrown around very nonchalant in England.

edit on Wed Sep 9 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Censor evasion...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: CthruU

You

Segregation, exclusion, black privilege......,

So Appartheid = "black privilege" in your description??? - better think again.

More like a race of emotionally distraught individuals lashing out over extreme multi generational oppression.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

We love that word in Scotland, it can be used as the most beautiful complement for a significant other or it can instigate a square go after a particularly colourful description of an opponents mother.

Honestly Americans are very bad at cursing.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It's literally one white guy and i have heard other white people from the right use it as well. It's more of an issue of white people using 'n-word' or 'n-word' and no one calling them out on it.

edit on Wed Sep 9 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly Americans are very bad at cursing.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So the OP is asking if it’s ok to call a spade a spade.

Seems like an obvious answer to me.

Yes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join