It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Minister of Defence discusses UFOs with SecDef Mark Esper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Defense Minister Taro Kano has announced that he will soon announce a "action policy" when the Self-Defense Forces encounter an unidentified flying object.

Minister of Defense Kono: "We are about to discuss our response policy. Regarding Japan and the United States, we talked about it during the recent meeting with Secretary Esper in Guam."
Minister Kono confirmed at the Japan-US Defense Ministers' Meeting last month that the Self-Defense Forces and the US Army would also cooperate on UFOs. According to people involved in the Self-Defense Force, there is eyewitness information that "I often saw it in the past," and in the future we plan to consider taking measures such as shooting them down. In April of this year, the US Department of Defense unveiled a UFO video for the first time. The Japanese Ministry of Defense also indicated that Minister Kono would set procedures in case the SDF encounters a UFO.

The video is in japanese, but there is some google translation available.

Shoot them down?? Really?
Is that a wise approach??

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjocksteffe
Defense Minister Taro Kano has announced that he will soon announce a "action policy" when the Self-Defense Forces encounter an unidentified flying object.

Minister of Defense Kono: "We are about to discuss our response policy. Regarding Japan and the United States, we talked about it during the recent meeting with Secretary Esper in Guam."
Minister Kono confirmed at the Japan-US Defense Ministers' Meeting last month that the Self-Defense Forces and the US Army would also cooperate on UFOs. According to people involved in the Self-Defense Force, there is eyewitness information that "I often saw it in the past," and in the future we plan to consider taking measures such as shooting them down. In April of this year, the US Department of Defense unveiled a UFO video for the first time. The Japanese Ministry of Defense also indicated that Minister Kono would set procedures in case the SDF encounters a UFO.

The video is in japanese, but there is some google translation available.

Shoot them down?? Really?

[/Shoot them down?? Really?

Lol

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
cant believe they would go so far and shot down own drones and pretend that there is war in space...

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
To any Japanese speaker.................

Can any Forum Member who speaks Japanese language possibly chip in please and confirm if this video is actually regarding real UFOs or is it actually talking about Chinese military intrusion into Japan's airspace?

cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
We claim airspace and Earth's orbit. UAP should be studied in depth to determine what threat, if any, this poses to our planet and our space.

We seem to have more respect for identified aircraft and will give a country a pass to ensure there is no direct confrontation that could start a war. We need more respect for who ever owns this higher tech craft, esp. if the threat is low (at the moment). How can we go shooting something down we can't even explain? If they take some pot shots, I hope the pilots of the unidentified craft don't consider that a threat and make a show of force.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Can any Forum Member who speaks Japanese language possibly chip in please and confirm if this video is actually regarding real UFOs or is it actually talking about Chinese military intrusion into Japan's airspace?

cheers

there's a "UFO" in the original text in the video, if you'll bother to watch it.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tjocksteffe

Wow they really want to shoot them down? Do they know something we don't?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Poor earthlings gonna throw rocks at extradimensional objects. Good luck you will need it.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

cheers

there's a "UFO" in the original text in the video, if you'll bother to watch it.

Oh yeah for sure but did you read my post? Do you speak Japanese?

Look we really need verification from someone who speaks Japanese here on ATS that was is really be referred to is genuine UFOs as who knows how accurate translators are or open to manipulation on a subject even those of us who've spent decades of their lives studying it and still fairly in the dark about what is going on in our skies

FTA To any Japanese speaker..................... Can a Japanese speaker please verify the translation?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I haven't spoken Japanese in a very long time but the occasional word that that I could pick out seemed correct as far as i could tell, I know that won't help much.
We will need someone who speaks Japanese regularly or more recently.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I haven't spoken Japanese in a very long time but the occasional word that that I could pick out seemed correct as far as i could tell, I know that won't help much.
We will need someone who speaks Japanese regularly or more recently.

Nice one for the attempt mate
We really do need a Japanese speaker to

1 Verify the exact translation from the native tongue to the English version of UFO as in for example a manufactured physical (maybe mothership) type version of UFO, not just something a wide ranging UFO version that might include like a bird / lantern etc

2 Identify the Minister of Defence as the actual person seen in the footage

PS Is Musicismagic Japanese speaking?
edit on 9-9-2020 by ufoorbhunter because: Musicismagic

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

had a fellow but more recent (and better) Japanese speaker take a look and they agreed that it was an honest translation.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

had a fellow but more recent (and better) Japanese speaker take a look and they agreed that it was an honest translation.

Wowzers.................. So going by you and your fellow Japanese speaker this is an honest translation. That is mind blowing Kurokage. as good as full disclosure if combined with the Tic Tacs etc

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

the subtitles suggest it says "such as shooting pictures"

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I asked a friend who teaches Japanese to have a look and tell me if the subtitles are accurate
He saw this this morning and says Yep they are correct

Nice find OP

FBJ

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hmmmmm ..... strange Japan would scrap a missile system purchase a few months ago with the U.S. on account that Japan citizens don’t want a system in their backyard. And what is Japan going to use against UFO’s again?....bottle rocket fireworks? Something to ponder aye.....

Japan confirms scrapping deployment of multibillion-dollar US missile defense system

Source article: www.dailysabah.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

the subtitles suggest it says "such as shooting pictures"

Yes. Maybe they dont intend to "shoot things down" and will just be "shooting pictures".
Could be some translation error somewhere.

Regardless of that, it is still interesting that they seem to be talking about UFOs with the US.
edit on 10-9-2020 by tjocksteffe because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Japan is asking to be nuked again. An alien nuke could be 1000 times more powerful than anything humans have, and obliterate the largest city in Japan.

Japan (and the USA) need to leave the UFOs ALONE!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
If the Aliens use Gigaton level weapons because we shot down one of their craft trespassing....they’re NOT nice beings in the least and are hypocritical to an extreme degree.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here’s a global destruction scenario you can imagine for yourself on an attack from t-h-e-m.....IF it also happened on Mars a loooooong time ago.

Hypothetical picture to get the imagination going....

Source Link: www.jpl.nasa.gov...

“The atmospheres of Earth and Mars exhibit very different patterns of xenon and krypton isotopes, particularly for xenon-129. Mars has much more of it in the atmosphere than does Earth.”

Source Link: en.m.wikipedia.org...

“Xe is produced by beta decay of 129I (half-life: 16 million years); 131mXe, 133Xe, 133mXe, and 135Xe are some of the fission products of both 235U and 239Pu, so are used as indicators of nuclear explosions.”

edit on 12-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join