It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lex Fridman interviews Cmdr Fravor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is one of the best interviews I have seen, & it clears up some misconceptions regarding the removal of the tapes depicting the Tic Tac event. . .apparently the sequestering of the tapes did not happen, it was part of a wind-up that was taken seriously by some.

Lex is very knowledgeable about AI (taught at MIT) & David Fravor comes across as very credible, likeable & human.

Editing to add the breakdown:

Intervew outline:
0:00 - Introduction
7:13 - Top Gun
12:06 - Navy pilot career
24:14 - AI is the third brain of a jetfighter
40:37 - Sully
47:34 - Landing a jet fighter on a carrier
53:18 - What's it like to fly a jet fighter?
1:05:22 - Greatest plane ever made
1:11:04 - The Tic Tac UFO story
1:49:16 - Intelligent extraterrestrial life
1:53:30 - Why aren't UFOs investigated more seriously
1:59:52 - Tic Tac UFO details
2:07:55 - What do you think the Tic Tac was?
2:16:23 - SpaceX
2:30:01 - Response to Mick West Debunking
2:48:24 - Was the Tic Tac a secret military test?
3:00:07 - Is the government in possession of alien spacecraft?
3:25:28 - Interesting UFO sightings in history
3:39:55 - Advice for Young People
3:47:47 - Meaning of life
edit on 9-9-2020 by kiro8lak because: Added breakdown

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Are you trying to tell me that we can't trust a Blink-182 front man to bring truth to the masses?

I shouldn't post without watching but Lex knows his stuff.
He's not like the fools I usually watch.

I'll get back after I watch it.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting to note that "Fravors CAP" was in fact a static co-ordinate which had been used by other pilots in previous training scenarios.

Any suggestions of precognitive vectoring or none linear spookiness can accordingly be laid to rest (for this part of the story at least
)
edit on 9-9-2020 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Are you trying to tell me that we can't trust a Blink-182 front man to bring truth to the masses?

They should have went with the dude from Offspring.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Mick west is a tool. And I'm not a ufo believer, I just hate pseudo science.

He s a fraud odlf the highest caliber.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
After finally wading through it......Jesus Lex is unprepared.
Is he always this disorganised?

Actual questions :

What is TTSA ?
What's a 117?

You're supposed to be talking about the wider technological implications of Fravors observation.

If you dont know the story of stealth - including the bit where they (re)discovered and christened metamaterials ...you probably have no business in the interview.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
After finally wading through it......Jesus Lex is unprepared.
Is he always this disorganised?

This isn't his interest whatsoever, don't confuse disrespect with unpreparedness.
It's interesting to see what someone intelligent has to say when confronted by the madness of TTSA (To the Stars Academy, Mr Blink182's Psyop).

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Huh?
Who said anything about disrespect?
More surprised he doesn't know what a 117 is when spending 3 + hours talking about aircraft and stealth.

Fravor was surprised too - watch the video.

At several points Fravor realises this is just another guy with some credentials who cant be bothered to read up on relevant associated materials.
edit on 10-9-2020 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I don't believe Lex respects him.
I mention disrespect.

Aaaaahhh.... You were saying that these were actual questions he asked. I thought you were asking the questions.
My bad.

He really should know who TTSA is, however it's probably the fact that he doesn't that I enjoy his other stuff.

Edit to add...
I really should watch the video before commenting.

But to be fair it's painful to watch.
edit on 10-9-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Thankyou.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, an interesting interview.

He comes across as a likable guy and the tic-tac chase remains a great story.

Hopefully he will take the time some day to analyze the ATFLIR video like Mick West has done. It’s fairly easy and once you do, the conclusion really is inescapable that the object leaves the ATFLIR FOV at exactly the same angular velocity it already has throughout the whole video. Why the ATFLIR loses lock remains a question but it’s not because of a sudden acceleration of the tic-tac.

I really alienates mainstream science if these kinds of inescapable and verifiable analyses are pushed away like Dave Fravor does in the interview.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Fravor is unlikely to change his opinion whilst the other "experts" agree with him regarding apparent acceleration.

This wont change until a more credible body (i.e Raytheon/the DoD) provide alternative analysis incorporating additional data - and that 'aint happening.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Fravor is unlikely to change his opinion whilst the other "experts" agree with him regarding apparent acceleration.

This wont change until a more credible body (i.e Raytheon/the DoD) provide alternative analysis incorporating additional data - and that 'aint happening.

I’m afraid so… Fravor was basically trained as a soldier. One of the big differences between the training of a soldier and that of a scientist is:
> Soldier: Tribe is more important than Truth
> Scientist: Truth is more important than Tribe

Not all scientists behave that way, and the same is true for soldiers of course, but in this interview Fravor shows a lot of tribal behavior:
> his endorsement of Bob Lazar and Tom Delonge, calling both of them very clever guys
> the expression on the face of Lex when he sees Fravor’s non-verbal dismissal of Mick West

The reason Fravor gives for the quality difference between the FLIR1 video and the one he saw on board of the Nimitz is completely bogus. Digital copies do NOT deteriorate like analog ones. Maybe after 100000 copies they do but in general the bit error rate is so small that deterioration is negligible. On top of that, digital deterioration is not gradual like with analog tapes. Bit errors show up like really nasty and local artifacts that stand out from the rest of the image.

His explanation of the confiscation of the tapes (a MIB prank by some other group on the ship) sounds completely implausible to me. He never mentioned it before and now he suddenly comes with this outrageous story.

It is a reboot of the Rendlesham Forest Incident (RFI): The witnesses contradict each other and the scarce sensor data (a tape recording in the RFI; the FLIR1 video in the Nimitz case) is inconclusive but may have been edited. The highest ranking witnesses may be downplaying while the lowest ranking witnesses may be embellishing. Nobody knows for sure anymore.

All the ingredients are there for an endless tribal discussion that leads nowhere. The only way out is the Navy releasing more data, which they won’t for some mysterious reason (this was 16 years ago.. today’s consumer grade IR cameras and radars already outperform the military ones of those days. Come on, what is still so secret about it to this day?).

What really annoys me: TTSA does not even lift a finger to resolve this tribal situation. They position themselves as one of the tribes instead.
If they want to show any added value in ufology, if they really want some attention from mainstream science, this is the moment.

edit on 12-9-2020 by Guest101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2020 by Guest101 because: wording

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Mick West’ response to David Fravor; his discussion of the UAP videos starts at 9:02

David Fravor was too sloppy in his rebuttals, so now the #1 case of TTSA is sinking fast...

Hopefully Fravor takes the invite from Mick at the end of the video and the two tribes can meet to set things straight.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ahhh - fresh air (esp. Guest101 & Jukiodone) - having found this thread by websearching ("site:" worked better than ATS-search).
I was nagged by and agree with several points raised here. Alarm bells (disinformation) indeed.
edit on 2020-9-19 by chinabull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

And what of Intel? "Truth(s) to Tribe(s)" ? Schizo?
edit on 2020-9-19 by chinabull because: further plurality

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
- youtu.be...
- Lex interview of David Fravor
- youtu.be...
- Mick West Response to Fravor (& Lex)
- youtu.be...
- Mick West parallax/perspective experiment

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Fravors response to Mick West