It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AstraZeneca Puts COVID-19 Vaccine Trial on Hold Over Safety Concern

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Plc has paused a late-stage trial of one of the leading COVID-19 vaccine candidates after a suspected serious adverse reaction in a study participant, health news website Stat News reported on Tuesday. It quoted an AstraZeneca spokesperson as saying in a statement that the "standard review process triggered a pause to vaccination to allow review of safety data.

AstraZeneca Puts COVID-19 Vaccine Trial on Hold Over Safety Concern

AstraZeneca pauses coronavirus vaccine trial after unexplained illness in volunteer. It’s a standard precaution in vaccine trials, meant to ensure experimental vaccines don’t cause serious reactions among volunteers. This does not yet mean the illness was caused by the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well you know what I think.

They're pushing this a bit too much talkin about safety I called BS.

I saw some guy today talking with a a mainstream interviewer some lady and he was all about talking about safety with vaccine I don't know which one or who you was working with I think he might have been National .

but I can see the look in his eyes on his final sentence he says we're going to watch out for safety number one I could see by the look in his eyes he was lying.

He was trying to sell it to the nation on national TV he's a Salesman
edit on 8-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh-so-perfect timing !!!!!

Another day another new mystery created 👀

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The safety concern.

outline.com...

A person familiar with the situation, and who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the participant had been enrolled in a Phase 2/3 trial based in the United Kingdom. The individual also said that a volunteer in the U.K. trial had been found to have transverse myelitis, an inflammatory syndrome that affects the spinal cord and is often sparked by viral infection

www.mayoclinic.org...

Transverse myelitis is an inflammation of both sides of one section of the spinal cord. This neurological disorder often damages the insulating material covering nerve cell fibers (myelin).

Transverse myelitis interrupts the messages that the spinal cord nerves send throughout the body. This can cause pain, muscle weakness, paralysis, sensory problems, or bladder and bowel dysfunction.

Sounds pretty terrible to me....like worse than covid...
edit on 8/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I wonder just who in the hell chooses to be a "vaccine trial volunteer"....

Furthermore the sooner this stupid vaccine becomes available, the sooner society will resemble something normal. Lord knows I'm not taking it even if my employment depends on it.

Ask yourself something.....do you think perhaps there's a certain group of people in this nation who would benefit from a delay in a vaccine being released??

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just as Fauci says no vaccine by the election. They will put this thing off until at least next spring because if they allow a vaccine too soon the destruction of the U.S. and the free world won't be complete. They will delay it, keep up lock downs and increase restrictions, destroy everything and then offer it as a way to be "free" again after the economy is destroyed, freedoms are taken away forever, and GOVT is relied on for everything from income, to food, to housing, to employment. Everyone is so focused on the election being why they are doing this. And it is. But the election merely scratches the surface of what this is about. I say this as someone who wants nothing to do with this or any other vaccine Gates, Fauci and the WHO are a part of.

edit on 8-9-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2020 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2020 by awhispersecho because: Because autocorrect sucks.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Exactly, brother. The lady doth protest too much.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Jesus H Christ, people, the phrase "The cure is worse than the disease" doesn't exist for nothing.
I'm betting this isn't a fluke, either. They rushed this stupid shot so damn fast that all of us who smelled BS foresaw severe side effect issues.

Count me out for the next decade, minimum. I will not accept a rushed vaccine. Period. Even if this DOES turn out to be a fluke, I'm not remotely convinced of safety. Time shortcuts never lead anywhere good.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
The FLU vaccine has occasional bad side effects too.
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

As if I'm ever going to get injected with anything so I don't catch some trumped up "virus" that is only real when you watch TV.

I don't care how safe anyone declares it is.

I admit, I never considered that a pandemic could be so effective from a globalist point of view. It checks all the boxes of control so conveniently. And what I really didn't anticipate, is that it doesn't even have to be real!

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Because Covid-19 is not a major concern to most Americans, 67% say they are in no hurry to take the vaccine when it's introduced.

Source: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I call BS.....

It's a story made to try and reassure and coerce those of us that are apprehensive to flat out not trusting, into changing our minds and considering the vaccine....

Just lies on lies on lies....

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks for adding that bit. Transverse myelitis does sound nasty. But it may not have anything to do with the vaccine.

I'm not getting any of the vaccines. I will wait for the synthetic monoclonal antibodies to become available, if I need anything.

edit on 8 9 2020 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here's an NPR interview with DARPA from February about the synthetic antibodies. Synthetic antibodies were in the news a lot a week or two ago. Most articles are just calling them antibodies. Various pharmaceutical companies are making them, but they are building from decades of DARPA research.

NPR DARPA interview

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Jesus H Christ, people, the phrase "The cure is worse than the disease" doesn't exist for nothing.
I'm betting this isn't a fluke, either. They rushed this stupid shot so damn fast that all of us who smelled BS foresaw severe side effect issues.

Count me out for the next decade, minimum. I will not accept a rushed vaccine. Period. Even if this DOES turn out to be a fluke, I'm not remotely convinced of safety. Time shortcuts never lead anywhere good.

What does the H stand for?

If a person has a very strong immune system with immunity to a disease already, then sticking antigens in the body can trigger a very bad response with some of those people. I will wait till at least next winter before trying this vaccine since I get serious responses to the flu and pertussis vaccines. If I notice some cytokine storms evolving, I will not get the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

This

I mean, i can understand being suicidal. I have been suicidal myself, but i am doing better now. There are easier ways to achieve death than vaccine lottery.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Same. I haven't had the flu or a flu shot since the 1st or 2nd grade and I won't be getting a corona shot.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Same. I haven't had the flu or a flu shot since the 1st or 2nd grade and I won't be getting a corona shot.

Yeah. Has anyone of you even heard of anyone who is going to take the corona vaccine?

I had a good conversation with mom a couple of days ago. Even she is not going to take the vaccine, and she is old and fragile.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

One thing that doesn't seem to get a lot of coverage is that about 20% of us already have an immune response that can take care of covid. Most likely from having the common cold.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I remember someone here was volunteer for the vaccine and made a thread about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join