It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Greek and Hebrew culture in Scripture is a dead end thus the phrase follow the spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Paul tries to get this across but he hides it kinda.

But the overall big picture is this is why we have to follow the spirit. This is plowing deep I know.

Actually lately that's the message I've been getting is to be sure to follow the spirit not our own understanding now back to what Paul said.

It gets complicated it has to do with tree of knowledge of Good and Evil.

We don't need to go down the path of good vs Evil which is the tree of knowledge God didn't want us to eat from, is that a dangling participle.

Both sides of the tree of Good and Evil lead to nothing. The law is trying to follow the good but you can't do it completely so that's a dead end.

I wish Paul would have brought this to the Forefront more but he does say it.

This has to do with duality and the devil trying to give you only two choices black white, good bad, Republican Democrat, I'll switch over to something else.... that gets complicated huh.

Paul says we learn by listening to the spirit, the spirit teaches us.

I'll go get the verse where Paul states that plainly, give me a few minutes but this is important.

Supposed to learn by listening to the spirit and not our own understanding. Man does that get complicated if you think about that.

I'm going to go run off and get that verse for you otherwise you probably won't believe me

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You so the Greek way of thinking logic that's what we in the West have adopted we think linear.

We have to have logic we use intellect Hebrews.

Deal with them is they want to see a sign and they won't use logic sounds like a lie I know I better run off and get Paul's verses
edit on 8-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"When listening to the spirit the spirit teaches us."

Let me simplify it for you.

In modern day tounge its called a conscience... Learn to consult the conscience and follow its decision before acting and bingo - your listening to the spirit and it's teaching us.

Problem humanity has - it either has no conscience therefore born evil/doomed or humanity simply ignores it's conscience thus the rubbish printed in the bible that repentance is all they need (false hope/teachings.)

Your clearly a searcher -commendable........but can you really see between the lines??????

Certainly on your way at least...... keep searching.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So it starts with 1st Corinthians 1 verse 18.

So he's talking about how truth is always in the third option not Devil's A or B.

So that verse God says but he will destroy the wisdom of the wise and the cleverness of the clever I will thwart.

And then he says down the end even if it sounds like Folly ....I'm paraphrasing now you know.... it sounds like folly but we preach Christ crucified which is a stumbling block to both the Greek and the Jews.

I wish he would expound on that more that's really hidden

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Basically don't believe what thoughts say.

Stay with no mind.

Silence is golden.

Thought does not know......thought is known to be occuring.

Underneath thought is the peace that is being sought for.

edit on 8-9-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
End of the Road message:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
So it starts with 1st Corinthians 1 verse 18.

So he's talking about how truth is always in the third option not Devil's A or B.

So that verse God says but he will destroy the wisdom of the wise and the cleverness of the clever I will thwart.

And then he says down the end even if it sounds like Folly ....I'm paraphrasing now you know.... it sounds like folly but we preach Christ crucified which is a stumbling block to both the Greek and the Jews.

I wish he would expound on that more that's really hidden

Dude! Love the new way of OP layout. The truth is self evident, the bible leads the way but the horse that drinks from the water led to is the spiritual horse with no name. Tree of life. Drink deeply from the water of the spirit, sate your thirst for knowledge and be at peace. There is a reason for the journey!
The bible is a circular thing, finish the end and your back at genesis. The journey is complete when you can walk the trail from a single point of view.
Be at peace and know that God talks to those who listen with the correct ears. Let the curtains be rent asunder and everything, rejoiced.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's not that the tree of knowledge is bad - it's that it's bad for us - we're the problem. When we eat from the tree we take judgment into our own hands and upon ourselves and in doing so 1. we attempt to deny God his rule over us (we attempt to be our own heads/judges/gods), which opens us up to judgment and 2. as we do so (as we attempt to measure out right from wrong ourselves / as we attempt ethics / as we attempt to be like gods/judges) we screw up badly because we just aren't capable of understanding the right and wrong we should do and not do (we aren't capable of perceiving the spirit / walking in the spirit well enough such that we could do it without error) and on top of that we're selfish. So 3. because we fall short while simultaneously taking judging upon ourselves, we die.

To walk in the Spirit means to seek after and do the will of God (especially byway of receiving the spirit of the Son). It means to put away codification (the letter of the law where it had become the reasoning of man / ethics) and see and do the will of the Word and of the Spirit.

edit:

I think what people didn't understand back then and even today is that the Word is and has always has been meant to lead you to or in the Spirit.

Think of it like this:
These words are the image of my conception of my will (where my will is to show you that my words are only mean to illustrate my will).

Jesus is the image (the body) of Father, Father is conception (the translator/the head) of the Spirit, the Spirit is the will of God.

Body is the image of the Soul and the Soul is the translator of the Spirit. We look at forms so as to be lead to the conception of their will, so as to perceive their will.
etc.
edit on 9/8/2020 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I do think you have had an epithany GBP/JPY. I had one when I was a die hard aethist. I like to think the big man gives us a nudge now and then. To point us into the right direction.

top topics

join