It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frenchman Blows up House Trying to Kill a Fly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Going after pests can cost you. A fly is a pretty minor annoyance, but I can understand the instinct to go after it.

When I was 19 in 1981 I had a '68 Firebird that I restored to show quality using lacquer paint, but birds like a pigeon kept on crapping on the hood after days of buffing and swirl removing so I went to the house and grabbed a 410 shotgun with bird shot and missed my shot a few times. Walking back in towards my prized Firebird my finger touched the trigger and boom! The shot ricocheted off the floor. The hood was raised and that saved the new windshield, but lost one headlight. Had to repair one outward ding in the hood.

Mild Darwin award. Not even squab for dinner that day.

edit on 7-9-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

At least it was the car that took the pellets and not a neighbor, loved one, or pet in the face.

Sore one all the same, well for that priceless 68 Firebird anyhoo.

I think you need to be dead to receive "The Darwin Award", not much mild about that state of affairs.

Shame about the car, hope you managed to restore her to her former glory without to much cost.

edit on 7-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: gortex

Must have been a German fly. ? .

I didn't know that they allowed flies in Germany.

there all invading France ..duh

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

At least it was the car that took the pellets and not a neighbor, loved one, or pet in the face.

Sore one all the same, well for that priceless 68 Firebird anyhoo.

I think you need to be dead to receive "The Darwin Award", not much mild about that state of affairs.

Shame about the car, hope you managed to restore her to her former glory without to much cost.

At the time I was fully trained in gun safety. However even then things can happen and my guard was down, but all the while knowing no one else was within a mile of my location which is why I let my guard down. I knew after that that, that isn't ever a good idea. Gun was aimed down at the ground but ricocheted from the ground in the line of the car.

I was already a master certified auto body repair and refinisher at that age so fixing the car was only an annoyance at that point. The gun issue did bother me a lot so I stayed away from them for a few years.

I sold that car cheap a few years later which I am regretting having done and that bothers me every day now. I can live with that mistake though.

If anyone had been with me that day they would have been walking 10 feet behind me. I knew how to keep other people from harm with guns. I learned a very special kind of gun safety at a very young age.

I really regret losing that car.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Thanks now the song is going to be my head all night and probably tomorrow. I feel sorry for the kids and the coworkers around me.

originally posted by: theatreboy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join