It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nuclear Submarines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by COOL HAND

Now I know you are full of crap, I have seen the reactor with my own eyes.

I am indeed full of crap.
I thought I checked that but not carefully enough. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

If you had revealed any actual classified material, yes they would.

No, it would be too much to admit to.

Look at what they went through for folks like John Walker, and the stuff he put out is no where near as explosive as the stuff you "claim."

I don't work for the Navy and all of my clearances were deac't 25 years ago. I do not visit any government or classified websites.

But I am a very good listener.

Thanks for your post and your concern.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
60 knots for an SSN stresses belief. I doubt Seawolf or Virginia is that fast.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why does this stress believe? 50yrs ago if you would have told the Manhatten Project engineers that we would not only learn to contain a nuclear reaction but do so in a structure small enough to put on a ship, a ship that goes UNDERWATER, would that have STRESSED there beliefs?

60 knots at flank speed underwater is not out of the realm of possibility nor probability. I can see it working.

Here is the crutch.

What is the tactical advantage? You still cant outrun a torpedo. Nor a ASW helo. and your making as much racket as humanly possible on a sub.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A torpedo is a kind of submarine. If they can go 100knots then...well.........

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

If you had revealed any actual classified material, yes they would.

No, it would be too much to admit to.

They would not have to admit to anything. They do not have to show proof of what a program pertains to, just that the program exists.

I don't work for the Navy and all of my clearances were deac't 25 years ago. I do not visit any government or classified websites.

Really, then they must have been under another name as JPAS has no information regarding you and a security clearence.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

The best in fleet skuttlebut was the seawolf class at 50kts. the problem is not in th shape or reactor propulsion.. but that sonar domes are made of grp glass reinforced plastic.. it covers the forward main ballast tanks. the seawolf got a new dome years ago from implosion from high speed ops. grp cant withstand the pressure but you need it to operate the passive sonar sphere... torpedos and machines that clock faster 100kts on up are based on active transmission sonar... and have a better dome for speed. any sonarman can tell you that subs going over 25kts are deaf as a post. and thats with the grp. although many can go fast. fast is not always practical ..except at flank for escaping torpedo's.. in which case you are deaf as a post except for the massive active and extreme noise off the torpedo. been there done that. hope that helps

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Really, then they must have been under another name as JPAS has no information regarding you and a security clearence.

John Olsen Lear
Q Clearance
157-403VG
Issued: 8-14-81

Now I have to go to jail just to prove you wrong.

Shoot!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

John Olsen Lear
Q Clearance
157-403VG
Issued: 8-14-81

Now I have to go to jail just to prove you wrong.

Shoot!

That explains why I could not find you in JPAS, it is only for people with real clearences. My mistake.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That explains why I could not find you in JPAS, it is only for people with real clearences. My mistake.

Sorry COOL HAND, I should have said Fake Q Clearance.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sorry COOL HAND, I should have said Fake Q Clearance.

What I mean is, that JPAS only tracks DOD issued security clearences. There is another program that does the DOE clearences, but I can't remember its name. Do you remember the name of the tracking program?

This is one of those things that will bug me till I remember it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Do you remember the name of the tracking program?

Nope, sorry. I was just a stick for Dynalectron. (Now DynCorp.)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join