It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to talk about this Cannabis is it Biblical as both a medicine and in the Holy Annointing oil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The big danger to intoxicating substances is that you become addicted to them. The real danger is they become a false idol because of it - that they replace God in your life. Why do you think so many successful addiction recovery programs use the spiritual? They seek to put God in that place that the addiction once held.

Alcohol has that potential, and yet, Jesus turned water into wine. So we can see there that it's not that alcohol is bad so much as the addiction itself that's bad.

Same principle as using opiates to wean addicts.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Time to talk about this Cannabis is it Biblical as both a medicine and in the Holy Annointing oil

Got anything relevant to the original thread?

How did this go from a question about anointing oils to personal opinions on drugs and their potency?

To whom are you lecturing? I’m pretty sure you’re taking a question that the OP himself asked, right? Are you the thread police? What’s got you so defensive?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've seen a handful of people give up narcotic pills for the devil's lettuce after it became legal here in Oregon. I have no problems with people using it medicinally. And in my opinion it is also considered medicinal if you are using it to relieve stress.

I'm also fine with it's recreational use. The economic impact of the pandemic would have been much worse for Oregon if we did not have legal cannabis. My only concern is that some people may spend all of their money on it and neglect their financial responsibilities. Sales at our stores would suggest that some people likely spent their entire stimulus on it. The taxes are rather high on this, too. We are paying federal, state, county, and city taxes on it.
edit on 7 9 2020 by tamusan because: added pills

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have seen marriages fold due to cannabis and alcohol, neglected families, abuse and men not being responsible.
While alcohol and cannabis of itself may be beneficial, it’s easily abused and many look for excuses to abuse the drugs

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Do you mean I offended you? Why else would you be defensive about me trying to get people back on topic?

Get off your soapbox and get back on subject.

edit on 7-9-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Marijuana in ancient Egypt is also being looked into as a medicinal herb, so our knowledge of the plant and it’s benefits are as ancient.

If Marijuana is placed in rubbing alcohol the absorbed THC can be used topical (absorbed through the skin).
Claims are it helps with muscle aches and pains. The anointing oils would probably have the same affect.
edit on 7-9-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Marijuana in ancient Egypt is also being looked into as a medicinal herb, so our knowledge of the plant and it’s benefits are as ancient.

If Marijuana is placed in rubbing alcohol the absorbed THC can be used topical (absorbed through the skin).
Claims are it helps with muscle aches and pains. The anointing oils would probably have the same affect.

Yeah. Did you read my post? I stated that cannabis has many, many medicinal uses. I also said it should be legal everywhere, and that it is infinitely better than alcohol (I said it was infinitely less harmful).

Everything discussed here so far relates to the topic the OP brought up.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
its my understanding that Canna can produce a multitude of aromas due to the many terpenes it can produce. They are the same terpenes produced by things like lemon, garlic, Frankincense, orange bluberry, all diffrerent types of aromatic wood smells like sandalwood, mango, papaya, chocolate, coffee,fuel etc. It can also combine all those like lemon grape, chocolate cantaloupe, etc. Millions of possible combinations.

It is definitely an aromatic. There was land races of it in the area. Ive heard this theory before, and I could see it being used. I presume God created it...... It must have a purpose. I know it can suck up radiation like no other plant, and can be used for remediation in hot areas. I know the seeds are drug free, and filled with nutrition.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have a friend from El Salvidor. He is about 40. When he was a child, his mom would go out and pick a long spear like flower top and push it down into a jar of alcohol. That jar was brought out and used as a topical ointment to sterilize and relieve the pain, kind of like how we use aloe, but aloe doesnt remove pain.

Someone was telling me about how a guy had obtained some cannabis that had the Frankincense terpenes. Everyone who walked into that house thought they were burning the same incense in there as they do in the Catholic church

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Cannabis oil is not sweet smelling BUT if they are calling it sweet cane, then perhaps they are referring to the sap which comes from the actual stems, this could be sweet smelling, certainly 'planty'. But it doesn't have any advantages.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Kanah bosm is often interpreted to mean cinnamon.

Had you visited the second link in my first comment you would have seen that cinnamon and cannabis are just a couple of the contentiously debated possible modern interpretations of the plant described in the bible as kanah bosm.

originally posted by:
angelchemuel
a reply to: GBP/JPY
The holy oils were infused oils ie plant material infused/soaked in say olive oil. The plant materials were
Frankincense (Boswelia sacra)
Myrrh
Spikenard
Balm of Gilead (also known as Holy Basil)
Cassia
Onycha
Cedarwood
Galbanum
Hyssop
Cistus (or Rose of Sharon)
Cypress
Cinnamon
Aloes
No mention of the one you are talking about. The above were provided to me by a Jewish friend and is in their scriptures when I was investigating for a class I was teaching.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Dont see why not.

Cannabis is calming, non offensive or invading and creates a sense of acceptance which probably explains why the PTB condone it.

I no longer indulge and haven't for many many moons but nothing and noone will everconvince me it wasn't a soul saver when all is said and done and weighed up on the scales of life.

Medicinal beyond societies comprehension so far both medically and spiritually.

For those reasons alone it's biblical but like most bible writing the message/s is lost in translation and on purpose for the PTB's deliberate adaptation of their version of societies roll in existence.

Drops the mic......

I have witnessed so many people who were better able to process internal conflicts while using cannabis than alcohol ever did.

My poor son was introduced to cannabis at 13 by a friend of his. His friends mom saw them in the woods smoking it. We had a sit down talk with them, that apparently did no good.

Then I start going through his phone, found a 40 something y/o guy on there, sent him a message i would set him on fire if he didn’t remove himself from my sons Facebook.

I got him to stop, but then he got alcohol from his friends, and opiates from some b@tch who claimed to be sooo religious.
He almost died twice, alcohol poisoning, and a terrible car crash.

There were no military schools I could send him to (no money for that), I had no one to help other than counselors and my sister (and they were a big help as much as they could be).

I sent him to rehab, when he got out, went right bank to people he hung out with. He wouldn’t listen to me. He then spent some time in Juvie, which broke my heart as well!

He no longer drinks, has a great girlfriend who doesn’t drink either. They both suffer from anxiety for multiple reasons. Now I feel like if I wasn’t so strict, and so insistent on the pot smoking might the alcohol incidents not have happened?

Either way, I have come to the conclusion that cannabis should be legalized nationwide.

The reasons for this are: If the government regulates it, at least it will be safe (no fentanyl adding), people who need this to get by physically or mentally no longer have to deal with undesirables to get cannabis.

It is a money maker plain and simply. My brother and myself are just about the only people I am aware of that don’t smoke cannabis (I simply don’t like it), go to any concert anywhere and everyone is smoking it.

It doesn’t come from China.

A percentage could go to programs that would help young kids who get into it anyways.

Money to help the deficits.
edit on 7-9-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

4,000 BCE Textiles made of hemp are used in China and Turkestan. 2,737 BCE First recorded use of cannabis as medicine by Emperor Shen Neng of China.

The recipe for holy oil was written down in the bible for the first time in exodus and was given to Israel by Moses. According to google:

In approximate round dates, the process which produced Exodus and the Pentateuch probably began around 600 BCE when existing oral and written traditions were brought together to form books recognisable as those we know, reaching their final form as unchangeable sacred texts around 400 BCE.

600-400 bce is durring the time Israel lived captive in babalon. So many of their oral historys were being written down to keep the history alive and cultures separate, but one can't study both without drawing multiple parallels. This has lead many to speculate that Israel may have borrowed certain popular babalonian mythos when recording their own oral traditions.

So hemp aka cannabis was likely used thousands of years before exodus was written both as medicine and as a textile. Kaneh bosm could be hemp aka cannabis or it could be cinnamon or any other one of the tens of other just as plausible candidates that have been put forth by scholars over the years. We are not even certain of much of exoduses cultural authenticity to Judaism as practiced by moses.

Imagine playing a game of telephone around 100-200 years after your ancestors were dragged naked from their home land and forced to live as slaves in a foriegn land with an opposing religious view and culture. Now imagine that game of telephone was to determine what gets recorded as your cultural and religious history and heritage going all the way back to creation.

That's is my understanding of the circumstances regarding the times from 600-400 bce when exodus was likely written according to secularist and religious historians alike.

www.advancedholistichealth.org...:~:text%3D4%252C000%2520BCE%2520Textiles%2520made%2520of,Emperor%2520Shen%2520Neng%2520of%2520Ch ina.&ved=2ahUKEwi1tpP8wNfrAhU0JTQIHRivBqIQFjABegQIDRAF&usg=AOvVaw2h9kIcwAIrqr4PdqwCpGwC

edit on 7-9-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Of all the intoxicants of choice....you know the individual possibly having a God given allowance to his intoxicant of choice...

then the only naturally occurring one would be.....what

in Scripture if you take care of the widows....orphans and strangers....then you are allowed what ever your heart lusts after....lists 5 things.....

wine and strong drink........herbs and two other items...meat and another something...it separates wine from strong drink, the only biblical reference possibly of beer or grain distillates....

in the end....EVERYTHING IN MODERATION....all the views are valid....somewhere in the writings He hates beer or wine.

edit on 7-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
brownies......another deal, huh.....eating a green plant that bears seed

idk.......great seeing these opinions....kansas girls rock, evidently....yep, I saw a pic of one at the beach....

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
one little bit....not paraphrasing that

"whatever your heart LUSTS after"

more surprising to see that word .....lusts...it's in the first books....not paraphrasing

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I also micro dose magic mushrooms from time to time, want to keep your self riotous judgement flying my way?

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It is better to be drunk in the spirit than drunk on wine.

But jesus turned water to wine when the wine ran out at the wedding...... paaaaartaaaay!

Jesus hanging with whores and tax collectors. kicking money changers out of the temple.

Killed by rome aka the feds after being arrested and turned over by the pharisees aka the tribal authority of the day. They couldn't get him on any tribal crimes so they turned him over to the feds on bogus charges.

Paul eating food sacrificed to idols. Preaching to gentiles that they could share in the gospel promise, despite the pharisees complaints. Hanging out with whores and tax collectors. Spending most his time writing letters from jail. Had beefed for a bit with Peter aka the first pope aka the first "christian" leader dude between....hmm well nothing, but supposedly between you and God even though the holy spirit is our direct intercesor as promised by jesus. Any professing Christian lacking the fruit of the holy spirit lacks the gifts of the spirit as well.

Anyway, one was god in Man perfect and resurrected as proof and his name was immortalized for all time.

One totaly righteous dude had his flaws like the rest of us and was guided by the holy spirit to author most of what becomes the canonical new testament.

Now who do you think looks more like jesus and Paul and who seems to be the religious pharisees?

One group hangs with the gentiles and follows the holy spirit dwelling within them thus fulfilling the law with their love honesty and kindness.

The others judge and condemn others based on dogma while violating the spirit of the law with their hate lies and fear.

The choices should be obvious and the contrast is as stark as seeing two trees.

One is dead and bears no fruit.
Can't nourish or sustain you or civilization.

One is alive and always in full bloom.
Provides everything for a healthy body and thriving civilization.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

I also micro dose magic mushrooms from time to time, want to keep your self riotous judgement flying my way?

Well, I might. Thanks for calling me out.

I did try to make the point that I’m not being self-righteous, because I’m a former drunk. However, reading my post again, it does seem self-righteous. I’m sorry.

I just know a lot of men in my age group (I’m 45) who don’t have jobs, and they take money from their elderly parents and government programs (so, my tax dollars) to support their lifestyle of literally smoking weed all day. It was wrong of me to project that onto you. I hope that’s not your story. The “micro dosing” language puts up a red flag in my mind because I’ve seen the same round the clock no job guys use that terminology the same way they use the medicinal uses argument- to cover for and make it sound like they are doing something other than sitting around taking money from others to do nothing but hit it all day long.

NOT saying you do that, and again, I’m sorry for projecting onto you. Thanks for pointing it out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join