It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to talk about this Cannabis is it Biblical as both a medicine and in the Holy Annointing oil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Then God has a verse He says.....: you have not bought me kanah bosm with money....:

Also kanah bosm is a main ingredient in the Holy OIl...

Calamus is the plant most translate kanah bosm to...but that's a poison.....so

Would Israel ignore cannabis for a poison plant....idk

probably not.

It's sweetcane also....would ya call a poison Calamus plant sweet cane....naw

Calamus grows in the marshes , I read on the intronet. And it's a grass more than a cane, imo.

this isn't about my opinion. If Calamus is really poison, then kanahbos...the singular version....may be that govt. regulated leafy plant that may smell sweet....idk....

time to talk about Biblical cannabis...probably.

would the Bible have poison in the Holy Anointing oil...Calamus really....

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm headed off to the hebrew....don't do the latin....whatever ya do.....like the vulgate....crap

I'll get us some more info...report back to ya...
edit on 7-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
does anyone know if cannabis smells sweet?....curious

no answer needed...sarc...me being entertaining...

edit...yeah, better not answer that....derail this whole thread, huh!!!..

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Look 👀 forward to your follow-up reporting. #HippieLettuceFTW

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Still trying to figure out if you're a genius, or crazy as a s%!t house rat.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Yes. Most forms of Cannabis smell sweet.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Dont see why not.

Cannabis is calming, non offensive or invading and creates a sense of acceptance which probably explains why the PTB condone it.

I no longer indulge and haven't for many many moons but nothing and noone will everconvince me it wasn't a soul saver when all is said and done and weighed up on the scales of life.

Medicinal beyond societies comprehension so far both medically and spiritually.

For those reasons alone it's biblical but like most bible writing the message/s is lost in translation and on purpose for the PTB's deliberate adaptation of their version of societies roll in existence.

Drops the mic......
edit on 7-9-2020 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 7-9-2020 by CthruU because: 2

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I can't remember where I read it, it was likely here on ATS, but it was claimed that archeologists had found cannabis residue on blocks from the Jewish temple, from the inner "Holy of Holies" area. This is where there were incense altars used to burn a number of plants as incense. Come to think of it. they claimed it was from hash that came from further east like India.

I never looked into that one, that's just from memory after a quick read.
edit on 7-9-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Cannabis has now evolved (cross breeds) into ridiculous strains of high THC content. They serve no purpose other than to "get you smashed off your skull". The high THC content promotes paranoia, anxiety and increases risk of mental health problems in the most vulneable.

Time travel back 40 years and cannabis was mellow, reasonable levels of THC and CBD. It was effective at helping many ailments.

Now? It's just another drug to make money from kids and ruin lives.

Most people who smoke pot, the addicts, are basically 40 year old losers still playing computer games all day, thinking the world owes them, they think they are right about everything and have angst towards the world in general.

It's a really crap drug.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Genesis 1.29
Vulgate: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed: to you it shall be for food.

Is it an herb bearing seed?

Yes!

Then: to you it has been given and to you it shall be food.

Seems pretty cut and dry here to me.

As for hemp seed oil and it's biblical uses I have heard it is an ingredient in anointing oil, and I included some links, but it is a highly contentious topic regardless of which side of the debate you take as to the modern identity of kanah bosom.

mychronicrelief.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Seeing how it is clear that seed bearing herbs and plants that bear seeds and fruit are given to us by god and without getting into the hebrew of the word used for food I would say it may be more accurately translated as nourishment.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The holy oils were infused oils ie plant material infused/soaked in say olive oil. The plant materials were
Frankincense (Boswelia sacra)
Myrrh
Spikenard
Balm of Gilead (also known as Holy Basil)
Cassia
Onycha
Cedarwood
Galbanum
Hyssop
Cistus (or Rose of Sharon)
Cypress
Cinnamon
Aloes
No mention of the one you are talking about. The above were provided to me by a Jewish friend and is in their scriptures when I was investigating for a class I was teaching.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

cannabis can have a wide variety of smells, it's because of the terpenes it secretes, the sheer variety of terpenes that can be produced by this family of plant is incredible! The different terpenes interact with the bodies endocannabinoid system opening thc and cbd receivers throughout the body.

Most plants produce only one terpene, cannabis seems to be able re create an incredibly large number of them under the right circumstances.
edit on 7-9-2020 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Of course it smells sweet... Pastor Osbourne has been preaching that for a long time...

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Yes. Most forms of Cannabis smell sweet.

Except the skunk kind....

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

There can also be diesel and cheese aromas.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I advise extreme caution when looking on the INTERNET for information on what the bible says. There are so many sites and people who use the absolute worst techniques to translate, and end up coming up with the most ridiculous of ideas. They know just enough to make it seem as if they know what they’re talking about. Steer clear unless they have a PhD or at least a Master’s degree IN A BIBLE SUBJECT.

For things in the Hebrew bible (Old Testament), get your information from an actual biblical Hebrew scholar. Someone with a PhD in biblical languages. Dr Michael Heiser, Pete Enns, you can start with them. Email your question to Dr. Heiser (but dude, formulate your question when you aren’t high and make it sound intelligent or at the very least, understandable. I love you, brother, but often times you seem like you’re high and just kind of musing out loud to yourself and it’s really, really difficult to discern your point), and you will be surprised that he may actually respond to you.

Or, ask this site’s member, DISRAELI. I know he will be able to steer you in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: and14263
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And you sound defensive and like you got your feelings hurt. Let me guess: you’re over 40 and a daily weed smoker.

It is a plant with many therapeutic uses and benefits. What I come across frequently though, is daily smokers who use the medicinal benefits argument to try to make their daily weed lifestyle sound less loser-like.

If one smokes weed daily, what is that? Why can’t you get through life without having to ingest something every single day that changes your state of mind? Why won’t you deal with life without that buffer? I’m ready for your barrage of excuses. You have glaucoma, right? Right.

I’m a recovering alcoholic so I know all about living life with a buffer that changes my state of mind. I couldn’t deal with myself or my life without it. That’s what daily weed smokers are doing- using it to change how they see things and deal with things. Weed is infinitely less harmful than alcohol and I think it should be legal, everywhere. But just like alcohol, people are going to abuse it and then lose their ability to function without it.

edit on Mon Sep 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The big danger to intoxicating substances is that you become addicted to them. The real danger is they become a false idol because of it - that they replace God in your life. Why do you think so many successful addiction recovery programs use the spiritual? They seek to put God in that place that the addiction once held.

Alcohol has that potential, and yet, Jesus turned water into wine. So we can see there that it's not that alcohol is bad so much as the addiction itself that's bad.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Time to talk about this Cannabis is it Biblical as both a medicine and in the Holy Annointing oil

Got anything relevant to the original thread?

How did this go from a question about anointing oils to personal opinions on drugs and their potency?

edit on 7-9-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join