It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking on Water, or something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It was still drizzling lightly that pre-dawn morning so I lifted my face to the sky to catch the rain drops. Freedom was sweet. Walking on water just felt so right.

Later, in the afternoon, walking to work I passed by Becky's apartment building and noticed the barriers and the surface of the parking lot. Whoops!

During lunch break Luanne sat still until everyone else had left the break room. "The apartment building I live in has very thin walls", she then said. "I heard you in Becky's apartment."

"Oh". I then asked "Did you hear my poems and stories?"

"No. I couldn't tell what you were saying. I just knew it was you from your voice."

"Well that's too bad. I was really on a roll. You should of put a glass to the wall or even a stethoscope. It was some of my best."

"But Becky?" she asked, "What were you doing in Becky's apartment?"

"Is there some reason I shouldn't be in Becky's apartment? You make it sound like I shouldn't have been there."

"No, you shouldn't have been there!" she exclaimed, "She goes to the bar every night, and most times she comes back with a man. A different man every time."

"Poets? Do they recite poetry?"

"No! Not poets! That's not what she brings them home for!"

"Oh" I said, "Thin walls?"

"So why were you there? Why would you go there?"

"Well, it was just about closing time and I'd just gotten through telling a poem when she sidled up to me and said 'Hey you, I'm Becky. I'm a poet too. If you come with me to my place then you can see my stuff.'"

"So" I continued "I went to her place and waited for her to bring her stuff out, but she didn't so I told her a poem, then waited for her to tell a poem, but she didn't, so I told her a story, then waited. Eventually, I asked her when she was going to bring her stuff out. Then she said that she had lied, she wasn't really a poet. Then I asked, 'Well does that mean it's time for me to go?' she then looked sad and said yes, if I wanted to leave then I could. So I left. And I was feeling happy and was walking on water."

Luanne then told me, "The parking lot just got a new coat of oil, then it rained. Didn't you see the barriers?"

"Not really." I replied, "I must of just floated over them or something."

"Now there's a set of footprints in the oil right through the parking lot."

"Yeah, I saw that on my way to work. Don't tell anybody it was me, please."

"I'm the Assistant Manager."

"Oh crap! I guess I'm busted then."

"Yep."

edit on 6-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I thought it's going to be a 'greasy' story but then it was oil

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Well there was water.

I tried to make the title "Walking on Water" but the forum said the name was already taken so I had to add "something". Kind of a spoiler.

join