It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says Department of Education will investigate use of 1619 Project in schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
President Trump is again thwarting the leftest propaganda agenda in public schools by investigating and surly getting rid of the "new" alternate history that the leftest SJW and Critical Race Theory crowd are trying to implement as mandatory in public schools.

For those that don't know what it is, the 1619 Project "history", it includes crap like The American Revolution was launched "in order to ensure slavery would continue". Capitalism is a result of slavery, Abe Lincoln was a white supremacist, and all the usual communist crap wrapped up in a nice theme of bullcrap.

I hope all of this leftest / communist crap is cut off at the roots before more of our children and grandchildren are brainwashed with this junk.

www.cnn.com...

"Department of Education is looking at this. If so, they will not be funded!" he wrote on Twitter, citing a message from an unverified account saying it was being taught in schools there.
The message came after the President on Friday night banned federal agencies from conducting racial sensitivity training related to "white privilege" and "critical race theory."

reason.com...

School districts in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Buffalo, New York, have decided to update their history curricula to include the material, which posits that the institution of slavery was so embedded in the country's DNA that the country's true founding could be said to have occurred in 1619, rather than in 1776.

Democratic Senator Kamala Harris praised the project, in a tweet, stating "The #1619Project is a powerful and necessary reckoning of our history. We cannot understand and address the problems of today without speaking truth about how we got here."

In July 2020, Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas proposed the "Saving American History Act of 2020", prohibiting K-12 schools from using federal funds to teach curriculum related to the 1619 project, and make schools that did ineligible for federal professional-development grants. Cotton added that "The 1619 Project is a racially divisive and revisionist account of history that threatens the integrity of the Union by denying the true principles on which it was founded."
edit on 6-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
1619 project is nothing but history through a racist spyglass. It's the "alternative" history Marxist clowns wrote for indoctrination purposes. If you don't get onboard they're going to need to re-educate you. If you just won't be re-educated, they will kill you.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Been in the works for a looooong time from the Marxists taking over America.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One goal of these Marxist programs is to turn people into racists and it's working 🤫😷

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The American Revolution was launched "in order to ensure slavery would continue".

And it did continue well past the time that England and European countries outlawed slavery. As a matter of fact, it took a war to end slavery in the USA 100 years later.

The Declaration of Independence claims that "All men are created equal", but the US constitution designated some people as 3/5th equal. They had no problem denying life, liberty ad pursuit of happiness to some people. Why? I wonder!

In July 2020, Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas proposed the "Saving American History Act of 2020", prohibiting K-12 schools from using federal funds to teach curriculum related to the 1619 project, and make schools that did ineligible for federal professional-development grants.

Ah yes! Republican cancel culture and censorship, soon to be followed by a good 'ole book burning!

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The CCP approves of the 1619 curriculum. Biden / Harris support for this abomination is not shocking as they are Communist Party sympathizers and American apologists.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I wouldn't be so quick to defend what this 1619 Project is.

It is rather revisionist. Painting Lincoln as a racist by today's standards isn't fair. It's the same thing as Canada's first PM, people calling him a white supremacist and what not because of some ideas he expressed back then, which were completely normal to say. Were they white supremacists? Yes, of course they were, so were millions of others at the time.

The problem with the 1619 Project is it's using Marxist theory of class conflict, and injecting it into racial rhetoric. Marxist theory isn't about racial discrimination, It's about workers rights, workers uniting, to abolish class conflict.
Meaning EVERYONE no matter who you are, where you're from etc, needs to unite under this fantasy lala land where they all dance around and watch capitalism burn and communism magically arise.

Even Thomas Sowell points out that since Jim Crow ended black American's have been rising in wealth and equality at astonishing rates. Does this mean racism doesn't exist or there wasn't some sort or political moves and strategies to reverse that? No of course not. But the main issue is revising history, and using philosophical and economic ideas, and theories in the wrong way, to weaponize them, it's not right.

The biggest one is the revolution. It wasn't about keeping slaves. Considering the British didn't abolish the slave trade until 1833, and there was already a large abolitionist movement happening as soon as the revolution was over.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks! Had not heard that about my Senator .
Good to know... he impresses me more all of the time.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What public schools in modern times have taught that slavery is good ? 🦃

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Bullcrap,

Identity politics of hatred and division disguised as "education".

My how they want to infect the youth with a story that this entire country is the most evil thing that ever existed on the planet and it must be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So these couple of recent actions have been really embraced by a lot of people.

I definitely feel like Trump is taking a more closer look at the agencies beneath him, rightfully so when institutions like the FBI and CIA may have been corrupted as evident of the illegal campaign spying by the ObamaBiden regime.

I applaud Trump for these actions, keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Same here.

We cannot allow the leftest to turn public education into propaganda re-education camps that we have seen in communist countries.

The fight is in the public schools and Trump has finally realized it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The biggest one is the revolution. It wasn't about keeping slaves.

No. It was about economic and religious freedom for the colonies. I understand that there are contentious assertions in the 1619 Project. It might need some tweaking, in the way it's presented. But hey, they're teaching kids that Christopher Columbus discovered America, not that he opened the Americas to the slave trade. And many so called educators and legislators are pushing to teach creationism as a legitimate alternative to evolution.

1619 Project attempts to address the slave trade and how it helped shape colonial life and how it effected the future of the United States.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The American Revolution was launched "in order to ensure slavery would continue".

And it did continue well past the time that England and European countries outlawed slavery. As a matter of fact, it took a war to end slavery in the USA 100 years later.

The Declaration of Independence claims that "All men are created equal", but the US constitution designated some people as 3/5th equal. They had no problem denying life, liberty ad pursuit of happiness to some people. Why? I wonder!

In July 2020, Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas proposed the "Saving American History Act of 2020", prohibiting K-12 schools from using federal funds to teach curriculum related to the 1619 project, and make schools that did ineligible for federal professional-development grants.

Ah yes! Republican cancel culture and censorship, soon to be followed by a good 'ole book burning!

It took a war of TWO opposing sides. Those who were FOR continuing slavery and those who were AGAINST slavery. Why only look at one side? The North helped many slaves out of slavery prior to the war. The North fought for ending slavery, right along with their black brothers. Why lump all white people in the same category? Can you not see what you're doing?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Here you go.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bro...

Today you are not a commie comrade.

Today you are a right wing extremist.

It's that easy.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

History can be revised. But let it take the right course of action. It took many years and archaeological discoveries to point out that Columbus was way over represented in history. But at least we all know he was and still is a key figure in American history.

I remember the first time I learned about his lies, it took a trip to the Caribbean for my field school and see all the evidence piling up pointing out that history was going to be re-written soon. But not this way.

And yes, it's not just the hardcore 'leftists' who are doing it, the creationist movements are just as much to blame, Texas has been a war zone to keep bible study out of the science room. 1619 needs to take the right direction, and learn the history of slavery, black citizens.
One of my favorites is the real story behind Rosa parks it's quite interesting to see that it was indeed 'whitewashed', but will they teach that truth in 1619?

edit on 6-9-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Just cut off their Federal funding if they do not get rid of the Communist China funded crap.

Those school systems can continue to teach it, but they will get no funding from our federal tax payments.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

1619 needs to take the right direction, and learn the history of slavery, black citizens.

I agree. And, it's a great tool for some much needed dialogue. With a little work, it would make a good high school elective class.

My problem is with Trump, instead of addressing the racial problems in front of him, protests against police brutality by denying its existence and the existence of any systemic racism in the USA. He's trying to cancel the "thought" that systematic racism and white privilege's even exists.

All the while his white supremist supporters applaud his response.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It took a war of TWO opposing sides. Those who were FOR continuing slavery and those who were AGAINST slavery. Why only look at one side? The North helped many slaves out of slavery prior to the war. The North fought for ending slavery, right along with their black brothers. Why lump all white people in the same category? Can you not see what you're doing?

I'm talking about a handful of white men who had the chance to manifest "all men are equal", but didn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join