It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study regarding how Covid-19 works in the body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is very interesting. One of my cousins was a genetic research lab tech something or other for a few decades before she retired. She shared this article that may shed new light on exactly what the virus does along with explaining some of the known issues.

Link

Earlier this summer, the Summit supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Lab in Tennessee set about crunching data on more than 40,000 genes from 17,000 genetic samples in an effort to better understand Covid-19. Summit is the second-fastest computer in the world, but the process — which involved analyzing 2.5 billion genetic combinations — still took more than a week.

When Summit was done, researchers analyzed the results. It was, in the words of Dr. Daniel Jacobson, lead researcher and chief scientist for computational systems biology at Oak Ridge, a “eureka moment.” The computer had revealed a new theory about how Covid-19 impacts the body: the bradykinin hypothesis. The hypothesis provides a model that explains many aspects of Covid-19, including some of its most bizarre symptoms. It also suggests 10-plus potential treatments, many of which are already FDA approved. Jacobson’s group published their results in a paper in the journal eLife in early July.

We have heard plenty about cytokine storms, but this if the first I've heard of this one.

As bradykinin builds up in the body, it dramatically increases vascular permeability. In short, it makes your blood vessels leaky. This aligns with recent clinical data, which increasingly views Covid-19 primarily as a vascular disease, rather than a respiratory one. But Covid-19 still has a massive effect on the lungs. As blood vessels start to leak due to a bradykinin storm, the researchers say, the lungs can fill with fluid. Immune cells also leak out into the lungs, Jacobson’s team found, causing inflammation.

We knew some of this but I had heard about clotting, not leaking.

And Covid-19 has another especially insidious trick. Through another pathway, the team’s data shows, it increases production of hyaluronic acid (HLA) in the lungs. HLA is often used in soaps and lotions for its ability to absorb more than 1,000 times its weight in fluid. When it combines with fluid leaking into the lungs, the results are disastrous: It forms a hydrogel, which can fill the lungs in some patients. According to Jacobson, once this happens, “it’s like trying to breathe through Jell-O.”

This explains the lung issue much clearer than I've read before.

The bradykinin hypothesis also accounts for Covid-19’s neurological effects, which are some of the most surprising and concerning elements of the disease. These symptoms (which include dizziness, seizures, delirium, and stroke) are present in as many as half of hospitalized Covid-19 patients. According to Jacobson and his team, MRI studies in France revealed that many Covid-19 patients have evidence of leaky blood vessels in their brains.

Bradykinin — especially at high doses — can also lead to a breakdown of the blood-brain barrier. Under normal circumstances, this barrier acts as a filter between your brain and the rest of your circulatory system. It lets in the nutrients and small molecules that the brain needs to function, while keeping out toxins and pathogens and keeping the brain’s internal environment tightly regulated.

I skipped a bunch of stuff, some we knew but some we didn't. It's worth a peek at the very least just to know that some seriously in-depth testing is still being done to get to the bottom of this one.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I only skimmed over this, but does this new finding suggest anything about whether Covid-19 was naturally-occurring, or intentionally modified, or even a weapon?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I only skimmed over this, but does this new finding suggest anything about whether Covid-19 was naturally-occurring, or intentionally modified, or even a weapon?

At this point, I fail to see how it matters. If this was a weapon, it was a piss poor one. The only thing about it ready for prime time was its ability to infect.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That has been covered in detail with the "inserts" that are not natural nor could be.

The fact that it targets both Ace2 and CD 147 immediately reeks of "gain function research" which has been going on for years.

It is lab modified.

edit on 6-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

unless its controllable.

like how some countries were not hit hard. taiwan like.

if its fake, and they can turn it off or up whenever they want, to keep businesses closed and to mess with the psyche.

if bars and movies were open, along with actual businesses as well, i very much doubt the riots, arson, and looting would have been as bad.

but you got the people pent up, and none of them are very intelligent, so they never found alternative adventures to deal with.

i big time not only changed my workouts, and continued to workout pretty much everyday during shutdown, but i also was finding new ways to socialize and hang out.

but working out and socializing are big time important to me, so i did not mind putting in the effort to change.

most people, are too lazy to work out, let alone think of new ways to do things.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

That isn't exactly how it works.

This was clearly not ready for prime time if it was intended for a bio-weapon. It's not very a very good one if nearly every case it causes is mild to asymptomatic. So I have serious doubts that they can easily do anything with it including cure it. It was still in working phase.

There may have been gain of function work on it, but that doesn't work exactly like people are suggesting. Gain of function is readily done in many bio-facilities for the purposes of testing vaccines among other things. It helps to test product potency and efficacy. That doesn't mean you are creating bio-weapons.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It could still have been a weapon, only not a weapon to annihilate the population...only the world's economies leaving the door open for China to rush in to "save" all these bankrupt businesses. This has become quite a talking point across the planet enough to force some countries to ban China from take overs & investment.

See China's 100yr plan for further info

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Sweden proved that what the world did to react was a gross over-reaction in most cases.

All along, the right reaction should have been to protect the vulnerable populations and for the rest of us to continue with our lives. We had that proof early on with how the disease behaved on the Diamond Princess and in some of the other, more open Asian countries beyond China, but our leaders chose to lock us down instead.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

This would make perfect sense as to why things like ibuprofen don't help. I'm assuming any blood thinner wouldn't help but only make it worse.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No, they were focused on figuring out better how it works to see what could be used to treat it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

This would make perfect sense as to why things like ibuprofen don't help. I'm assuming any blood thinner wouldn't help but only make it worse.

Which is odd because we've been told that it causes blood clots. Of course there are many ways those form so it's still a thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

It could still have been a weapon, only not a weapon to annihilate the population...only the world's economies leaving the door open for China to rush in to "save" all these bankrupt businesses. This has become quite a talking point across the planet enough to force some countries to ban China from take overs & investment.

Let's focus on this study, ok? It shows more detail about the actual function of the virus and the fallout in the body. Start a political thread if you want to but please keep politics out of this one. Did you bother to read the article?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I can relate to this - two of my best friends and one in-law are doctors who are deathly afraid of this thing because of what it does. The viruse isn't what kills you, it's how it affects the rest of the body. This is why people with underlying are at risk, it amplifies the problems.

My mother-in-law died in late March (not from covid). My late brother-in-law, cancer survivor, 1 lung, ongoing heart failure, was the executor. At the funeral home, some of the remains were covid victims. The nurse there got covid, died 4 days later. The director caught it as well. This was while Mike was taking care of his mother's internment and of course he was a "I ain't wearing no mask" kind of guy.

Right after, he felt like crap but like a lot of guys, refused to go to the doctor. Spend a month in bed, not eating, wasting away, got up, pulled together for a week and went down again for another month. Finally the doctor in-law sees this, calls the ambulance and transports him. Of course he tested (2 months later) negative. But....

Heart failure, in a coma, internal bleeding, kidney failure, lung filled with fluid. After a week, they sent him home for hospice, 48 hours later he expired.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

WIP got out by accident much earlier than planned!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

The nurse there got covid, died 4 days later.

That seems like a whole lot of weird bad luck since 80% plus show only mild symptoms and the average incubation period is 5-6 days.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
With a cytokine storm you can get leaking of the blood vessels too. It depends on how much histamine and certain nitrogen compounds are in the blood, The blood pressure drops because the blood vessels get lax and they become more porous so the white blood cells can go into the flesh. This means that the intercellular fluid gets high and can cause swelling which can itself damage cells in the body. The bradykinin hypothesis hypothesis is a little different but sort of the same. It is a more limited version of the cytokine storm but it is also more powerful sometimes. Beta blockers actually lower blood pressure by increasing bradykinin in the body. Nitrous oxide in the blood vessels is increased in both bradykinin and cytokine I think, but sometimes it does not increase in cytokine sometimes for some strange reason. The nitrous oxide and similar chemistries are what actually trigger dialation and reduce the blood pressure.

I know about both these processes, the Cytokine storm and the bradykinin action, but I do not understand why they would actually make a difference in treating this disease. I get cytokine storms from the flu vaccine, or something like it anyway, they make me sick and sore as hell. I am kind of cautious about taking this new vaccine, my body might over react to it like it does to the flu and pertusis vaccines.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse I get cytokine storms from the flu vaccine, or something like it anyway, they make me sick and sore as hell. I am kind of cautious about taking this new vaccine, my body might over react to it like it does to the flu and pertusis vaccines.

Maybe that's what happened to me in 2016. I got pretty sick the afternoon and next day after a flu shot. Haven't had a flu shot since 2017 so I don't know if others would affect me like that again.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks for posting!

Did it mention anything about how many, many people who test positive for it show no symptoms whatsoever? Or very mild ones?

It would be interesting if they would analyze the regular seasonal flu the exact same way- I am positive they have enough bio samples for that- and then compare. That is what I would love to see. Something tells me they won’t do that.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I’ve NEVER once in my life had a flu shot. I was in the Navy when they started giving it to its sailors, but it was voluntary. I was pregnant so I didn’t take it, and never have. I had the flu once- at the end of my undergraduate degree, when I was stressed and run-down already.

Besides, it’s a virus...so how does a vaccine do anything for a person? A vaccine for a virus??

ETA: response to HalWestern post above.
edit on 6-9-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Wow! Phenomenal information...Amazing how the analysis results tie together all the weirdly diverse symptoms, and the numerous body parts (head to toe - inside and out) which can be affected, into one explanatory model!

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join