It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Andrews road to destruction!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I agree the older generations are really cool people, they understand our culture and have accepted it. I worked with an older gentleman who was a hong kong ex pat, he hated this new chinese reigeim. We also worked with older genaration indians who emigrated to australia in the 70s and 80s they were such awesome people.

I found the younger generation of indians really disturbing, they had no respect for women, and were sex maniacs and they were here studying from wealthy families, and saw aussies as scum. Which as proven is why there were outbreaks in hotel quarantine here in melbourne, what did the dictator expect when he employed people from a substantially male dominated society.

Ill be flamed for this, probably warned though it the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I understand talking about different cultures can be a tricky thing. They do exist and part of this world, try and be respectful with it, every culture has its idiots.

I did spend 6 weeks in India a while back, glad to come home. The people where friendly, generally pay more being a tourist, still cheaper than back home. A lot of people don't appear to have much, seam happy with their community and get what they need. Calcutta was bad with some of its poverty. Noticed some of the architecture and style was still stuck in the 60's when the British pulled out. Not necessarily a bad thing.

The caste system is strong, this means you do what your parents did for a living. I did not notice many women on the streets, a few places. They still have a democratic republic. The Hindu have had issues with Muslims and Asians for thousands of years, some times doing better than others.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I am ñot trying to paint them all with the same brush. Fo example I was working a night shift and finished at 3am. The fellow I was working with was from a rural town in india, and he had no way to get home, near Chad stone shopping centre he lived.

I suggested he speak to another fellow who passed chadstone on his way home. He did and the person he asked refused, he told me. I asked him why, he said because he is from hydrabad, he said its cause I am from a lower caste.

FFS, this is australia, we help each other out, though to hsve that caste mentality, I guess its inbred in some people.

This guy who refused to give a lift didnt like me because I am Aboriginal.

I would have dropped the guy off though it was an hour out of my way.

<< 1  2   >>

join