It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes Don't get captured

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

My question to you is:

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

1) It depends on the actions you take during your capture.
2) Yes, it was a blanket statement that he didn't think through. Surprise, surprise.
3) No
4) No

I would agree with you that if going to war makes you a hero, turning against your country while being captured removes the hero title and adds a traitor title. I'm not saying I believe McCain was a traitor

I AM saying Mcain was a traitor.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

My question to you is:

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?

2) Yes, it was a blanket statement that he didn't think through. Surprise, surprise.
3) No
4) No

I would agree with you that if going to war makes you a hero, turning against your country while being captured removes the hero title and adds a traitor title. I'm not saying I believe McCain was a traitor

He never killed an enemy combatant but had no problem with either directly or indirectly killing an American soldier.

So I would have to agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My question to you is:

3) No
4) No

I will support this statement with my link from my earlier post. AS SEEN HERE McCain said in his own words, out of his own mouth, that he told the enemy what they wanted to know in exchange for treatment because he was afraid he was going to die. So no need to even torture him, McCain just freely spoke, without being tortured, without even being talked badly to. Hell when a French reporter went to Vietnam to interview McCain, the reporter said that McCain was being treated more like a guest than a POW.

When McCain came back from Vietnam he had gained weight while being a POW, while everyone else had significant weight loss. The other thing here that needs to be examined was the strange fact that until Trump, the Presidential Pardon McCain received due to his anti-American actions while in Vietnam was classified. Why was that? What did John McCain really do while staying in Hanoi?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: walkinghomer

Question back at you:

How does being a POW make you a hero?

John was a POS.

Sitting in a jail cell does not make you a hero.

Saving your comrades from death in battle, is what hero’s are made of.

Ironically, right at the moment, I’m sitting 2 miles away from that traitors ranch.

A hero is a person who acts in spite of the risk of harm for the sake of someone else. Putting on a military uniform and putting your life on the line to defend this country is what makes a POW a hero. Being captured does not disqualify you from being a hero.

This is a very nice statement. Does it define a hero?

No, I don’t think it does.

Saving your own ass, has nothing to do with being a hero.

Saving other people’s asses — is what a hero is made of.

After being a POW for as long as John was (Supposedly being tortured BS) — how the hell could he possibly advocate for as much war as he did?

A hero that advocates more death. Right!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You're blaming the result as opposed to the cause.

Forgive my ignorance but I believe you're saying the cause is what McCain did or say to candidate trump at the time and the results is candidate trumps response. I'm more bother that his statement was an absolute, meaning that "ANYONE or ALL" who gets captured is not an hero.

Nice cherry pick.

Address my earlier posts if you can.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

My question to you is:

3) No
4) No

I will support this statement with my link from my earlier post. AS SEEN HERE McCain said in his own words, out of his own mouth, that he told the enemy what they wanted to know in exchange for treatment because he was afraid he was going to die. So no need to even torture him, McCain just freely spoke, without being tortured, without even being talked badly to. Hell when a French reporter went to Vietnam to interview McCain, the reporter said that McCain was being treated more like a guest than a POW.

When McCain came back from Vietnam he had gained weight while being a POW, while everyone else had significant weight loss. The other thing here that needs to be examined was the strange fact that until Trump, the Presidential Pardon McCain received due to his anti-American actions while in Vietnam was classified. Why was that? What did John McCain really do while staying in Hanoi?

He likely denounced the USA goals there. That is the only logical conclusion that can be realized.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: chr0naut

Handing weapons to ISIS and funding them.

Also, there's this:

www.globalresearch.ca...

So basically if we are to abide by your comments in this thread Reagan is the king of hell (both a traitor and war-monger beyond anything McCain was capable of). Makes McCain look like a saint... well maybe not a saint, but at least he's down there fanning Reagan with fig leaves or something. I wonder if he still gets to be king of hell while full-on senile? Certainly didn't disqualify him from being president.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

McCain was not a hero, he was a POW which is something that should be respected too. The people working in grocery stores are not heros either, they are responsible people doing their job to help others in society. Same with nurses and doctors, they are doing their job and I respect them for it. Many doctors lost a lot of money during the shutdowns because they could not do appointments, same with many nurses, they were laid off till business picked up, I am glad the nurses got good unemployment benefits.

McCain was not a hero, changing the definition is not right, he did nothing heroic, but it does not mean we should not give him respect because he was a POW. My father got the purple heart and was a POW in WW11, but he was not a hero, he was a soldier. Giving McCain extra Hero status without giving other soldiers hero status is not right just because he was a congressman. I have known dozens of people who were POWs, they never considered themselves heros...neither did McCain, he knew the difference and did not contradict Trump when he said it.

So if he had not been captured and came back home safely, would he have been a hero?

Not unless he did something heroic enough to get the hero status. You can ask veterans about this and most will say that you do not automatically get hero status from being a POW. lancasteronline.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: projectvxn

He was still a better man than Trump, history will remember Trumps crimes against humanity.

NAME ONE ?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I was extremely bothered by President Trump comment about John McCain not being a hero. How could someone running for the highest office in the land say such a thing. How could people support such a person and forgive such a statement. To refresh your memory, the exact statement was:

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

My question to you is:

Trump is an equal opportunity offender—he doesn’t care what pedestal people will hold you upon, if you deserve a good ribbing you will get it. John McCain deserved such ridicule. His was obviously mocking McCain, not the military.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Re: www.theguardian.com...

Michael Forest Reinoeh murdered a Trump-supporter on the streets of Portland, in cold blood.

A few days later, rather than be CAPTURED, he forced U.S. Marshalls to kill him.

Are you implying that Reinoeh is a hero, for not letting himself be captured?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat? No real soldier would consider himself a hero no matter what they did.
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that? No but McCain was wrong for voting against Obamacare
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land? There is no qualification that you have military service.
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President? No.

John McCain server his country. Thank you. He then stood in for a failed campaign against Obama and then voted against his party and country. I was never a fan. Could care less when voting what Trump said against someone who hated him.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You ever consider that John McCain wasn't a hero or that Trump had other reasons to dislike him?

I was watching a documentary about the savings and loan scandal the other day. Imagine my surprise when John McCain was named as one of the bought and paid for senators doing their best to steer the investigation off a cliff rather than bring the guilty to justice.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The US military is sacrosanct, remember that.

"Thank you for your service", "sacrificing for your country", "best in the world", "our brave men and women"

Unless Trump says otherwise, of course - then the people he chooses to condemn are the scum of the earth.

Such is the shallowness of hollow 'patriotism'

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No.

John McCain was a political opportunist who was clearly part of the fake Russian collusion narrative, arming ISIS, and destabilizing the Middle East. He opened the door to the Caliphate and they came crashing through.

Trump has started no new wars and is being vilified for trying to bring our troops home after 2 decades of combat.

Nothing John McCain did while in Vietnam justifies his wanton use of young American blood for the neocon agenda.

And Trump's acceptance of Kashoggi's murder and Trump's refusal to speak out against it, represents a closed door to the Caliphate? It is clear that Trump is 'owned' (and probably always has been since the Bin Laden family and other Saudi's funded his company so heavily).

Trump is clearly a neocon (new conservative), far newer and far less 'conservative' than McCain.

Donald Trump was also not exonerated from potential Russian conspiracy. It states so clearly in Mueller's report.

McCain was NOT conservative. The "Russian connection" to Trump's campaign was debunked by congress not too long ago. That render's Mueller's report not only false but highly misleading. You know how when a newspaper retracts a statement when new facts are found to prove that statement wrong? Yeah, that didn't happen with the Mueller report.

Then it will be trivial for you to post a supportive link showing where Congress debunked the Russian connection to the Trump campaign.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Thank God McCain is burning in hell, like most politicians...

edit on 6-9-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
You ever consider that John McCain wasn't a hero or that Trump had other reasons to dislike him?

I was watching a documentary about the savings and loan scandal the other day. Imagine my surprise when John McCain was named as one of the bought and paid for senators doing their best to steer the investigation off a cliff rather than bring the guilty to justice.

Then Trump mocking him for that would have been a lot more appropriate, not his military service.

It's like meeting a Nazi in a wheelchair. Disliking him for being a Nazi is fine, not so much for being in wheelchair.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Should Trump have said it? Probably not. Am I going to get all upset because he said something that was directed at John McCain? Probably not. Its not like I haven't said a few things about McCain myself.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

The US military is sacrosanct, remember that.

"Thank you for your service", "sacrificing for your country", "best in the world", "our brave men and women"

Unless Trump says otherwise, of course - then the people he chooses to condemn are the scum of the earth.

Such is the shallowness of hollow 'patriotism'

I disagree with Trump's view that getting caught automatically means someone can't be a hero and his comments on the military but pointing out McCain was a traitor who sung for his captors and broke military protocol for being caught.

Gore Vidal put it best in 2008 (in one of the best interviews in history) here and he certainly wouldn't have been a fan of a Trump Presidency.

edit on 6-9-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Audio of 'Songbird' singing and reading a confession in return for staying at the Hanoi Hilton.

He abused his family ties to escape punishment then pushed tens of millions into fighting and slandering to silence veterans who'd abided by military protocol and stayed true to the US under torture who exposed his claims of being a POW and public image of being a hero were largely fabricated PR campaign that'd been going on since the mid 70s

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

1. Depends on individual situations entirely.
2. McCain was dog#. No, Trump wasn't wrong, if anything he was too easy on Songbird.
3. God no. Why in the blue hell would it be? Yeah, let's vote against the guy looking to put the US first, lower our taxes, boost our economy, and defend our rights because a cancerous growth of a politician that was a POW and a borderline traitor's feels were hurt by the candidate's words.
4. No. That's getting very close to a Heinlin dystopic future.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join