It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes Don't get captured

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

The list will be history, no need for me to list them for your dumb a--!

Is that part of the history the left wants to reinvent?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Bone spurs the clown never served. He dodged the draft.He really has no room to talk about heroes.

I can talk about McCain then...he was a loser, and not a hero even while being a POW. To be a hero I think you also need to be honorable too, don't ya think? And McCain wasn't that either.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: Arnie123
When will you leftists realize that Trump is what we call a Firebrand, a populist that aggressively asserts his opinion?

Are y’all seriously going to 😭😭😱😱😱 every time the POTUS opens his mouth? Like his tax returns, what requirement dictates the etiquette of the worlds most powerful position? Hmmm?

He made those remarks back then and it didn’t sway the public’s opinion, it isn’t going to sway the public’s opinion now. It’s only being brought up to perpetuate the fake news fallout from the Atlantic.

For anyone that has served, Soldiers disparage each other all time, y’all just don’t see it, even far worse things are said.

As far as I am concerned, President Trump is right and as an Army veteran, I stand by that.

Thank You for being who you are. You said you were an army vet so be thankful you weren't captured. All that other nonsense you spewed, i didn't care about. My question was simply whether those captured serving this country were heroes and you said NO, THEY ARE NOT.

So, question for you, on topic.

Does not being captured mean you can ignore the rest of what a veteran says and call it nonsense?

Hypocrit.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?

It doesn't make you a hero, it also doesn't make you not a hero.

2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?

No because we are all allowed to have an opinion.

3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?

Of course not, it would be idiotic to think that is disqualifying.

4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

No

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Who the * are you?

You defend a dead tyrant want to be, if he was your battle buddy he would have slain you.

John McCain is the 5% the Marine Corps always warned me about, he will taddle on you and wreck your parents hard earned tax dollars crashing 3 jets and snitching on his guys to the left and right just to have a little piece of pie.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

McCain was not a hero, he was a POW which is something that should be respected too. The people working in grocery stores are not heros either, they are responsible people doing their job to help others in society. Same with nurses and doctors, they are doing their job and I respect them for it. Many doctors lost a lot of money during the shutdowns because they could not do appointments, same with many nurses, they were laid off till business picked up, I am glad the nurses got good unemployment benefits.

McCain was not a hero, changing the definition is not right, he did nothing heroic, but it does not mean we should not give him respect because he was a POW. My father got the purple heart and was a POW in WW11, but he was not a hero, he was a soldier. Giving McCain extra Hero status without giving other soldiers hero status is not right just because he was a congressman. I have known dozens of people who were POWs, they never considered themselves heros...neither did McCain, he knew the difference and did not contradict Trump when he said it.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Feels like a straw man, OP.
When politics becomes about character assassination, people go a low as they need to win.
I don't thinks it cool, but it is universal.
Trump is a vicious opponent, it seems to work for him.
edit on 0000009052395America/Chicago05 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

When will you leftists realize that Trump is what we call a Firebrand, a populist that aggressively asserts his opinion?

Are y’all seriously going to 😭😭😱😱😱 every time the POTUS opens his mouth? Like his tax returns, what requirement dictates the etiquette of the worlds most powerful position? Hmmm?

He made those remarks back then and it didn’t sway the public’s opinion, it isn’t going to sway the public’s opinion now. It’s only being brought up to perpetuate the fake news fallout from the Atlantic.

For anyone that has served, Soldiers disparage each other all time, y’all just don’t see it, even far worse things are said.

As far as I am concerned, President Trump is right and as an Army veteran, I stand by that.

Thank You for being who you are. You said you were an army vet so be thankful you weren't captured. All that other nonsense you spewed, i didn't care about. My question was simply whether those captured serving this country were heroes and you said NO, THEY ARE NOT.

Does not being captured mean you can ignore the rest of what a veteran says and call it nonsense?

Hypocrit.

I am speaking generally. If you serve in the military and put your life at risk for our freedom then you're a hero. If after being designated a hero you do something stupid then you deserve the repercussions that follows. I am willing to accept whatever you say about McCain but in the general term, those that get capture due to fighting for our freedom ARE heroes.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

McCain was not a hero, he was a POW which is something that should be respected too. The people working in grocery stores are not heros either, they are responsible people doing their job to help others in society. Same with nurses and doctors, they are doing their job and I respect them for it. Many doctors lost a lot of money during the shutdowns because they could not do appointments, same with many nurses, they were laid off till business picked up, I am glad the nurses got good unemployment benefits.

McCain was not a hero, changing the definition is not right, he did nothing heroic, but it does not mean we should not give him respect because he was a POW. My father got the purple heart and was a POW in WW11, but he was not a hero, he was a soldier. Giving McCain extra Hero status without giving other soldiers hero status is not right just because he was a congressman. I have known dozens of people who were POWs, they never considered themselves heros...neither did McCain, he knew the difference and did not contradict Trump when he said it.

So if he had not been captured and came back home safely, would he have been a hero?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

He caused the incident on the USS Forrestal being a show off. He was captured and gave Intel to the N. Vietnamese which got more of our men killed. He was a corrupt politician. Then capped off his life by selling lies to the American people in the form of the fabricated Russia hoax...which was participation in what appears to be a coup attempt on the sitting President. The man should be remembered for his deeds...but not celebrated.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Being captured is on the lower end of the hero spectrum.
edit on 0000009054195America/Chicago05 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?

It doesn't make you a hero, it also doesn't make you not a hero.

2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?

No because we are all allowed to have an opinion.

3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?

Of course not, it would be idiotic to think that is disqualifying.

4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

No

1. So what is your definition of hero. According to Webster one of the characteristics of a hero is "one who shows great courage". I would say going to war and knowing you could be killed at any time is courageous

2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if that is your belief, you should not have absolute power to send those men and woman to war

3. So if Joe Biden came out and said. People who serve in the military are not heroes because they were captured, you would be ok with that?

4. Your opinion which i respect

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Hypocrit.

I am speaking generally. If you serve in the military and put your life at risk for our freedom then you're a hero. If after being designated a hero you do something stupid then you deserve the repercussions that follows. I am willing to accept whatever you say about McCain but in the general term, those that get capture due to fighting for our freedom ARE heroes.

Being captured is about as heroic as fighting cancer.

I mean, nobody WANTS it, but when it happens obviously you try to survive. That alone doesn't really make you a hero.

You're just being a tool based on garbage that several people that were with the POTUS said never happened.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hero is an opinion , subjective ... You don't get knighted or given a decree ...What's my opinion or anyone elses matter to you ? And why do you think anyone cares about yours ... big old liberal circle jerk LoL
What a waste of bandwidth lol

Carry On

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rounda

There was a group of vets that hated McCain because they felt he was a traitor.

Claimed he even made an audio recording where he confessed his crimes to the Vietnamese people. Turned out that was true and was hidden for decades in the national archive. This could be understandable considering torture if he had not accused two of his fellow POWs of being “collaborators” who were “actively aiding the enemy,” because of antiwar statements one of them had made while a POW

Then there was the wiki leaks release in 2008 which had a letter from the Russian ambassador because John Mccain asked him for money. He declined of course and the Mccain camp said it was mailed to him in error.

Oh and I almost forgot the Reagans hated him because of what he did to his wife Carol. She was apparently close friends with the Reagans and even helped him get started in politics. When he first returns he makes appearances with Ronald Reagan. But then it becomes known he was cheating on his wife Carol after returning home from Vietnam. Carol had been disfigured from a 1969 car accident so he replaced her with a much younger heiress Cindy Lou Hensley, She was the heiress to a beer-distributor fortune. He divorced Carol and married Cindy, forever straining his relationship with the Reagans, but giving himself access to the kind of wealth necessary for starting a political career.

And there's still other things about him that were shall we say problematic we could go into another time.

en.wikipedia.org...

They had accused him of working with the enemy and even claimed he continued to do so in Congress.
edit on 9/5/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

He was a traitor , he should have been executed . Oh wait his daughter said they could only kill her father once. Maybe he was executed

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Question back at you:

How does being a POW make you a hero?

John was a POS.

Sitting in a jail cell does not make you a hero.

Saving your comrades from death in battle, is what hero’s are made of.

Ironically, right at the moment, I’m sitting 2 miles away from that traitors ranch.

Wow, Just wow. Let me take a stab at your question, even though you ignored mine

A hero is a person who acts in spite of the risk of harm for the sake of someone else. Putting on a military uniform and putting your life on the line to defend this country is what makes a POW a hero. Being captured does not disqualify you from being a hero.

It's crazy isn't it?

Wearing the uniform used to instantly qualify someone as a hero and now people are questioning if being a POW (active combat) qualifies.

It's like wtf? I thought we're supposed to see the uniform and not the individual?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you want to know what a hero is, check out the stories of the Medal Of
Honor recipients, Any war. Since the first one issued to the last those men are the definition of hero.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
John McCain was a warmongering paychopath. He went out of his way to ensure the United States supported Al-Qaeda in Syria, actual Nazis in Ukraine, the Fascist Dictator of Georgia. He went out of his way to rally support for Islamist rebels who destroyed Libya in the Senate. He backed the baseless invasion of Iraq. He encouraged NATO forces to bomb schools and hospitals during the intervention in Former Yugoslavia.

If he is a hero, i would hate to see a villain.

The world is better without him.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: projectvxn
John McCain is staring up at us right now.

A little hot where that treasonous scumbag now resides. Please do shed those crocodile tears for the sake of King Neocon of Warmonger Mountain.

What was McCain's act of treason?

He helped ISIS and The Muslim Brotherhood at the behest of Obama, another traitor.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join