It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes Don't get captured

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: walkinghomer

OK, I'll play.

I did not vote for Trump, I do not like Trump and no, he never should have said that. It was wrong to say that.

I'm voting for Trump this time however. He's far better than the alternative and affords us the best chance at a quick economic recovery. Biden = recession and more government control.

Only an idiot would raise taxes when the economy is hurting. Only an idiot would pass new regulations when the people are hurting financially. This is the worst possible time in history for a progressive President who would pander to radicals.

And Trump denies he called John McCain a loser, but that's Don the con for ya.

edit on 5-9-2020 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The emotions run high lately. lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
McCain is a traitor. Well known about his treasonous doings while captured by the Vietcong

a reply to: bigsnowman

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Bone spurs the clown never served. He dodged the draft.He really has no room to talk about heroes.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Question back at you:

How does being a POW make you a hero?

John was a POS.

Sitting in a jail cell does not make you a hero.

Saving your comrades from death in battle, is what hero’s are made of.

Ironically, right at the moment, I’m sitting 2 miles away from that traitors ranch.

Wow, Just wow. Let me take a stab at your question, even though you ignored mine

A hero is a person who acts in spite of the risk of harm for the sake of someone else. Putting on a military uniform and putting your life on the line to defend this country is what makes a POW a hero. Being captured does not disqualify you from being a hero.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Bone spurs the clown never served. He dodged the draft.He really has no room to talk about heroes.

Agreed. Which is why they should make it mandatory that to serve as President you must have military service.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Handing weapons to ISIS and funding them.

Also, there's this:

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well since he was referring to McCain specifically in that statement that's quoted, yes I do agree with him. Though you're trying to make it look like Trump was saying that about all POWs and for that I would say that you and that fake article are wrong. Trump has gone out of his way on many occasions to recognize the bravery and integrity of people that were POWs.

Let's say that "The Atlantic" wasn't running this hit piece to cover for Joe Biden and the Secret Service Agent scuffle report that's coming out of Judicial Watch, and that the full context of the quote was being used. Would you still think that McCain isn't a hero like the President said, or would you still disagree even though McCain caused the deaths of hundreds of Americans during Vietnam?

Do you think it was right to think of McCain as a war hero even though he he cared little for the American Service Member, and was involved with more terrorists than any other known politician?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

Question back at you:

John was a POS.

Ironically, right at the moment, I’m sitting 2 miles away from that traitors ranch.

A hero is a person who acts in spite of the risk of harm for the sake of someone else. Putting on a military uniform and putting your life on the line to defend this country is what makes a POW a hero. Being captured does not disqualify you from being a hero.

McCain gave up that title of hero when he parlayed his entitled career, based on daddy being powerful, to become a lifetime politician that didn't do anything except sit through a bank and corporate bail out that has screwed 10 generations of Americans.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Well since he was referring to McCain specifically in that statement that's quoted, yes I do agree with him. Though you're trying to make it look like Trump was saying that about all POWs and for that I would say that you and that fake article are wrong. Trump has gone out of his way on many occasions to recognize the bravery and integrity of people that were POWs.

Let's say that "The Atlantic" wasn't running this hit piece to cover for Joe Biden and the Secret Service Agent scuffle report that's coming out of Judicial Watch, and that the full context of the quote was being used. Would you still think that McCain isn't a hero like the President said, or would you still disagree even though McCain caused the deaths of hundreds of Americans during Vietnam?

Do you think it was right to think of McCain as a war hero even though he he cared little for the American Service Member, and was involved with more terrorists than any other known politician?

He clearly states that he doesn't like people who are captured. Not just McCain. People in general

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

edit on 5-9-2020 by walkinghomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No.

John McCain was a political opportunist who was clearly part of the fake Russian collusion narrative, arming ISIS, and destabilizing the Middle East. He opened the door to the Caliphate and they came crashing through.

Trump has started no new wars and is being vilified for trying to bring our troops home after 2 decades of combat.

Nothing John McCain did while in Vietnam justifies his wanton use of young American blood for the neocon agenda.

And Trump's acceptance of Kashoggi's murder and Trump's refusal to speak out against it, represents a closed door to the Caliphate? It is clear that Trump is 'owned' (and probably always has been since the Bin Laden family and other Saudi's funded his company so heavily).

Trump is clearly a neocon (new conservative), far newer and far less 'conservative' than McCain.

Donald Trump was also not exonerated from potential Russian conspiracy. It states so clearly in Mueller's report.

edit on 5/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Question back at you:

John was a POS.

McCain gave up that title of hero when he parlayed his entitled career, based on daddy being powerful, to become a lifetime politician that didn't do anything except sit through a bank and corporate bail out that has screwed 10 generations of Americans.

Again. I'm ok with what you said about McCain, now what about the questions below

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Actually...Nah

there was found in this Mcain.....fugging trouble with where his heart was

kinda an Obama type.....that's the way he hit me....I'm a vet... FB 111-F's ....yep... and I used to build wing walls on B 52's......

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe so, but John McCain was a better man then cadet bone spurs!

Trump really needs to man up!

edit on 5-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When will you leftists realize that Trump is what we call a Firebrand, a populist that aggressively asserts his opinion?

Are y’all seriously going to 😭😭😱😱😱 every time the POTUS opens his mouth? Like his tax returns, what requirement dictates the etiquette of the worlds most powerful position? Hmmm?

He made those remarks back then and it didn’t sway the public’s opinion, it isn’t going to sway the public’s opinion now. It’s only being brought up to perpetuate the fake news fallout from the Atlantic.

For anyone that has served, Soldiers disparage each other all time, y’all just don’t see it, even far worse things are said.

As far as I am concerned, President Trump is right and as an Army veteran, I stand by that.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
have no issue with his military service (despite circumstantial evidence his poor performance directly lead to the death of others), but pretty much every single thing he did after his service was in his own self interest he was a political peddler who hid behind is military service.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
When will you leftists realize that Trump is what we call a Firebrand, a populist that aggressively asserts his opinion?

Are y’all seriously going to 😭😭😱😱😱 every time the POTUS opens his mouth? Like his tax returns, what requirement dictates the etiquette of the worlds most powerful position? Hmmm?

He made those remarks back then and it didn’t sway the public’s opinion, it isn’t going to sway the public’s opinion now. It’s only being brought up to perpetuate the fake news fallout from the Atlantic.

For anyone that has served, Soldiers disparage each other all time, y’all just don’t see it, even far worse things are said.

As far as I am concerned, President Trump is right and as an Army veteran, I stand by that.

Thank You for being who you are. You said you were an army vet so be thankful you weren't captured. All that other nonsense you spewed, i didn't care about. My question was simply whether those captured serving this country were heroes and you said NO, THEY ARE NOT.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

He clearly states that he doesn't like people who are captured. Not just McCain. People in general

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

But see, there's this thing called "context."

He's not discussing POWs. He's not discussing service members.

He's talking about, very specifically, John McCain. Even more specifically, he's talking about John McCain's character.

So, in the context of the actual conversation, "people" is specifically referring to John McCain. The "royal we." It's called a majestic plural.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Question back at you:

John was a POS.

Again. I'm ok with what you said about McCain, now what about the questions below

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?
Hold up Highspeed, I’ll take that.

1. As American Soldiers, our aim isn’t to be hero’s, but to protect Americas interest against all enemies foreign and domestic. What defines a Hero? A hero would be a battle buddy taking a grenade for the squad, those Americans who give the ultimate sacrifice, to neither stand down, or quit, to never surrender,

2. In my opinion, NO. McCains cowardice isn’t a shield from criticisms.

3. Nope, not even close....LMFAO actually I had to laugh really hard at that.

4. NO NO NO

link   

I'm just wondering. . . . . . .

If surviving capture and torture makes you a hero, then fine. I have no problem with that.

But is a hero still a hero if the "hero" does bad things afterwards?

If a hero does self-serving, despicable things, is that person still a hero?

Does surviving capture give you complete immunity from criticism?

Does surviving capture give you the freedom to be petty, self-serving, and even evil, while still being called a hero?

edit on 5-9-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: chr0naut

Handing weapons to ISIS and funding them.

Also, there's this:

www.globalresearch.ca...

Did you happen to notice the use of the word "alleged" in that article you posted?

Trump ordered the execution of someone 'alleged' to be an ISIL leader. Where is the process of law in that?

I would think the article shows that Trump is exceeding his authority in the execution of foreigners based upon allegation and no legal assent to the process.

Also, This photo alleged to show Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dated May 2013:

Compare this one taken in January 2014:

Do you notice anything?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join