It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes Don't get captured

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You're assuming all of us agree with everything he says. We don't, we just choose not to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. It's nothing more than disrespecting a failure that got a lot of his fellow soldiers killed, got captured in war, tortured, finally released. Where is he a hero? Did he save any lives during his capture? He fed off his "hero" status for decades when most of his military career was a sham, buried by his daddy. So bigsnowman, you are factually wrong about his service record. I'll give him credit for living through that but that's it.

You guys that keep spewing the "draft dodger" crap need to look at the facts. Since you all choose to ignore them, this is from Snopes (I know but it was the first one that came up) who got their info from The Smoking Gun who got them from the National Archives.

Read these carefully, there's no "dodging" going on here unless you consider being educated dodging.

Trump himself has never served in the military. Selective Service records obtained from the National Archives by The Smoking Gun in 2011 reveal the following history of his draft eligibility:

1964:
Donald Trump became eligible for the draft on his 18th birthday (14 June 1964) and registered with the Selective Service System 10 days later. He received the first of four 2-S (college) deferments on 28 July 1964.

1965:
Trump received his second college deferment on 14 December 1965.

1966:
Trump’s previous deferment expired and he was reclassified 1-A (available for military service) on 22 November 1966. His 2-S deferment was renewed on 13 December.

1967:
No record.

1968:
Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968. Trump underwent an Armed Forces physical examination (with a result listed only as “DISQ”) on 19 September 1968 and was reclassified 1-Y (qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency) on 15 October 1968.

According to a statement from the Trump campaign, the 1-Y classification stemmed from Trump’s having bone spurs in both heels:

While attending the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton School of Finance, Mr. Trump received a minor medical deferment for bone spurs on both heels of his feet. The medical deferment was expected to be short-term and he was therefore entered in the military draft lottery, where he received an extremely high number, 356 out of 365.

The details of that medical exemption remain unclear and controversial, and most draft-related government medical records from the Vietnam era were not preserved.

1972:

Despite the supposedly “short-term” nature of Trump’s disqualifying physical condition, on 17 February 1972 he was reclassified 4-F (not qualified for military service), presumably due to the abolishment of the 1-Y classification the previous year.

If he got shafted by the GOP it's because he was a RINO and should have been a Democrat. Just like Mitt Romney.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: walkinghomer

Don't pretend to speak for me. I am clear in what I believe.

There is no ambiguity in my words here. # John McCain.

It is obvious your beliefs are not influenced by facts, keep dreaming!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey, it was a crappy thing for him to say since others besides $hit stain who he was trying to personally insult were POW's.

But crimes against humanity? Really?

Please do tell. I want a list of horrors that I am unaware of.
edit on 5-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You're blaming the result as opposed to the cause.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
You're assuming all of us agree with everything he says. We don't, we just choose not to make a bigger deal out of it than it is. It's nothing more than disrespecting a failure that got a lot of his fellow soldiers killed, got captured in war, tortured, finally released. Where is he a hero? Did he save any lives during his capture? He fed off his "hero" status for decades when most of his military career was a sham, buried by his daddy. So bigsnowman, you are factually wrong about his service record. I'll give him credit for living through that but that's it.

You guys that keep spewing the "draft dodger" crap need to look at the facts. Since you all choose to ignore them, this is from Snopes (I know but it was the first one that came up) who got their info from The Smoking Gun who got them from the National Archives.

Read these carefully, there's no "dodging" going on here unless you consider being educated dodging.

Trump himself has never served in the military. Selective Service records obtained from the National Archives by The Smoking Gun in 2011 reveal the following history of his draft eligibility:

1964:
Donald Trump became eligible for the draft on his 18th birthday (14 June 1964) and registered with the Selective Service System 10 days later. He received the first of four 2-S (college) deferments on 28 July 1964.

1965:
Trump received his second college deferment on 14 December 1965.

1966:
Trump’s previous deferment expired and he was reclassified 1-A (available for military service) on 22 November 1966. His 2-S deferment was renewed on 13 December.

1967:
No record.

1968:
Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968. Trump underwent an Armed Forces physical examination (with a result listed only as “DISQ”) on 19 September 1968 and was reclassified 1-Y (qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency) on 15 October 1968.

According to a statement from the Trump campaign, the 1-Y classification stemmed from Trump’s having bone spurs in both heels:

While attending the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton School of Finance, Mr. Trump received a minor medical deferment for bone spurs on both heels of his feet. The medical deferment was expected to be short-term and he was therefore entered in the military draft lottery, where he received an extremely high number, 356 out of 365.

The details of that medical exemption remain unclear and controversial, and most draft-related government medical records from the Vietnam era were not preserved.

1972:

Despite the supposedly “short-term” nature of Trump’s disqualifying physical condition, on 17 February 1972 he was reclassified 4-F (not qualified for military service), presumably due to the abolishment of the 1-Y classification the previous year.

If he got shafted by the GOP it's because he was a RINO and should have been a Democrat. Just like Mitt Romney.

Lets just say that John McCain was a traitor and everything you stated is correct.

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hey, it was a crappy thing for him to say since others besides $hit stain who he was trying to personally insult were POW's.

But crimes against humanity? Really?

Please do tell. I want a list of horrors that I am unaware of.

I appreciate you at least saying that what he said was crappy. Although I believe its more like an automatic disqualifier.

Not sure what you're referring to about Crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

OK, I'll play.

I did not vote for Trump, I do not like Trump and no, he never should have said that. It was wrong to say that.

I'm voting for Trump this time however. He's far better than the alternative and affords us the best chance at a quick economic recovery. Biden = recession and more government control.

Only an idiot would raise taxes when the economy is hurting. Only an idiot would pass new regulations when the people are hurting financially. This is the worst possible time in history for a progressive President who would pander to radicals.
edit on 9/5/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You're blaming the result as opposed to the cause.

Forgive my ignorance but I believe you're saying the cause is what McCain did or say to candidate trump at the time and the results is candidate trumps response. I'm more bother that his statement was an absolute, meaning that "ANYONE or ALL" who gets captured is not an hero.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ha.

I do like #4 but that would require a change to the requirements of the Presidency.

The Democrats would not like #4 much though. Twice as many Republicans in the house and senate are veterans. A majority of veterans are Republicans.
edit on 5-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Actions speaking louder than words, Trump and Hannity cracking jokes while the theme Retreat is being played, not a great look for POTUS to not stop talking and at least honor the theme and tradition

The protocol during the bugle call of Retreat is to stand and face the flag or music if you can’t see the flag.

Obamas latte non salute caused enough consternation

Both poor in my opinion, anyone who is putting their life on the line for ones country deserves the respect from the man in charge.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

OK, I'll play.

I did not vote for Trump, I do not like Trump and no, he never should have said that. It was wrong to say that.

I'm voting for Trump this time however. He's far better than the alternative and affords us the best chance a quick economic recovery. Biden = recession and more government control.

Only an idiot would raise taxes when the economy is hurting. Only an idiot would pass new regulations when the people are hurting financially. This is the worst possible time in history for a progressive President who would pander to radicals.

I respect your response. I may not agree with you on what he can do for this country or his vision but you prove that you can call out wrongs and still be a supporter.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Trump speaks utter bollocks.

Maybe he should look at the story of RAF Squadron Leader Douglas Bader. Bader lost both of his legs during a flying accident in 1931. He persuaded The RAF to take him back, which they did.

He flew in The Battle Of Britain and shot down dozens of Luftwaffe aircraft. He was later shot down over France and taken prisoner by The Germans. He lost one of his artificial legs while bailing out. The Germans had so much respect for him they arranged for The RAF to drop by parachute a replacement leg, and the Germans guaranteed The RAF plane would be unhindered.

During his captivity, Bader escaped several times and finally ended up being placed in the high security Colditz Castle.

That is what a hero is.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Ha.

I do like #4 but that would require a change to the requirements of the Presidency.

The Democrats would not like #4 much though. Twice as many Republicans in the house and senate are veterans. A majority of veterans are Republicans.

I would support it. Why should a President be able to send our sons and daughters to die for this country when they haven't done the same or send one of their loved ones.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Maybe he should look at the story of RAF Squadron Leader Douglas Bader. Bader lost both of his legs during a flying accident in 1931. He persuaded The RAF to take him back, which they did.

He flew in The Battle Of Britain and shot down dozens of Luftwaffe aircraft. He was later shot down over France and taken prisoner by The Germans. He lost one of his artificial legs while bailing out. The Germans had so much respect for him they arranged for The RAF to drop by parachute a replacement leg, and the Germans guaranteed The RAF plane would be unhindered.

During his captivity, Bader escaped several times and finally ended up being placed in the high security Colditz Castle.

That is what a hero is.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com...

wow. I'm surprise there's not a movie or book about this man. True Hero

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer
I was extremely bothered by President Trump comment about John McCain not being a hero. How could someone running for the highest office in the land say such a thing. How could people support such a person and forgive such a statement.

John McCain was a sack of crap. My Uncle lost a lot of friends while he served on board the Forrestal, and yes McCain was a primary suspect behind the fire. It was that way until his dad Admiral McCain had his kid transferred to another ship.

Then there was all the... Here read this thread:

ATS: For Whom the bells tolls (my posting there)

It's all right there about this "hero". McCain was and is a sack of crap. Dead or alive, he's trash.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Question back at you:

How does being a POW make you a hero?

John was a POS.

Sitting in a jail cell does not make you a hero.

Saving your comrades from death in battle, is what hero’s are made of.

Ironically, right at the moment, I’m sitting 2 miles away from that traitors ranch.
edit on 5-9-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I was extremely bothered by President Trump comment about John McCain not being a hero. How could someone running for the highest office in the land say such a thing. How could people support such a person and forgive such a statement.

John McCain was a sack of crap. My Uncle lost a lot of friends while he served on board the Forrestal, and yes McCain was a primary suspect behind the fire. It was that way until his dad Admiral McCain had his kid transferred to another ship.

Then there was all the... Here read this thread:

ATS: For Whom the bells tolls (my posting there)

It's all right there about this "hero". McCain was and is a sack of crap. Dead or alive, he's trash.

As I said before, lets say I agree with you and John McCain was a sack of crap. Do you agree with the President statement about people in the armed forces who are captured?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

That is what a hero is.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com...

wow. I'm surprise there's not a movie or book about this man. True Hero

A film was made about his story called " Reach For The Sky "

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: projectvxn

The list will be history, no need for me to list them for your dumb a--!

Uh huh.

Nice cop out.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
John McCain is staring up at us right now.

A little hot where that treasonous scumbag now resides. Please do shed those crocodile tears for the sake of King Neocon of Warmonger Mountain.

What was McCain's act of treason?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join