It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes Don't get captured

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was extremely bothered by President Trump comment about John McCain not being a hero. How could someone running for the highest office in the land say such a thing. How could people support such a person and forgive such a statement. To refresh your memory, the exact statement was:

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

ATS is no doubt a far right leaning political website and the majority of posters here are devoted trump supporters. I won't call you "trumtards" or "trumpanzees" but its safe to say that short of the president doing something extremely extremely crazy, you would still support him.

My question to you is:

1. As an American, do you believe that you're not a hero if you're captured during combat?
2. Was President Trump wrong for saying that?
3. Should such a statement not be an automatic disqualifier for the highest office in the land?
4. Should mandatory military service be a requirement for President?

edit on 5-9-2020 by walkinghomer because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
John McCain is staring up at us right now.

A little hot where that treasonous scumbag now resides. Please do shed those crocodile tears for the sake of King Neocon of Warmonger Mountain.

edit on 9 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
John McCain is staring up at us right now.

A little hot where that treasonous scumbag now resides. Please do shed those crocodile tears for the sake of King Neocon of Warmonger Mountain.

He may or may not be. Not for me to judge. Why don't you answer the question

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

The requirements for the presidency are listed in the Constitution.

The rest is just you crying over the insults hurled at a thankfully dead neocon.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe so, but John McCain was a better man then cadet bone spurs!

Trump really needs to man up!

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To this day I can't believe Trump supporters not only accept that he said that, they overwhelmingly agree & support it!!

Don't get me wrong, there are NUMEROUS things McCain did & supported as a politician worth criticizing, but his service & experience as a POW absolutely are not worth crticism.

Also brings me back to when George W. and Karl Rove spread that BS rumor about John's adopted daughter being illegitimate. Man, I feel bad for McCain... constantly being thrown under the bus by his own party. Disagreed with the man on damn near everything, but he got shafted hard by the GOP
edit on 5-9-2020 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No.

John McCain was a political opportunist who was clearly part of the fake Russian collusion narrative, arming ISIS, and destabilizing the Middle East. He opened the door to the Caliphate and they came crashing through.

Trump has started no new wars and is being vilified for trying to bring our troops home after 2 decades of combat.

Nothing John McCain did while in Vietnam justifies his wanton use of young American blood for the neocon agenda.
edit on 9 5 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
To this day I can't believe Trump supporters not only accept that he said that, they overwhelmingly agree & support it!!

Don't get me wrong, there are NUMEROUS things McCain did & supported as a politician worth criticizing, but his service & experience as a POW absolutely are not worth crticism.

Also brings me back to when George W. and Karl Rove spread that BS rumor about John's adopted daughter being illegitimate. Man, I feel bad for McCain... constantly being thrown under the bus by his own party. Disagreed with the man on damn near everything, but he got shafted hard by the GOP

I am still stunned that they don't have the guts to say No Mr. President, You're wrong in this case. You can still agree with him on 99.9% of other things but in this case, He was wrong!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

How many war heroes are POW since Trump took office?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: bigsnowman

I am still stunned that they don't have the guts to say No Mr. President, You're wrong in this case. You can still agree with him on 99.9% of other things but in this case, He was wrong!

Actions speak louder than words.

link   

Are you here?

+1 more 
link   

He was still a better man than Trump, history will remember Trumps crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The requirements for the presidency are listed in the Constitution.

The rest is just you crying over the insults hurled at a thankfully dead neocon.

The fact that you refuse to answer the question out of fear that others on here might think you don't support the president says a lot. You can still say he's wrong and still be a supporter.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

He was still a better man than Trump, history will remember Trumps crimes against humanity.

List them.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Are you here?

You can put me in all the years if you want. The bottom line is, you don't have the guts to say that what the president said about our captured man and woman in the armed force was WRONG. It says a lot about you.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Don't pretend to speak for me. I am clear in what I believe.

There is no ambiguity in my words here. # John McCain.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The list will be history, no need for me to list them for your dumb a--!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

History will remember that after decades of American Imperialism, President Donald J. Trump didn't start a single hot war against a foreign nation.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Don't pretend to speak for me. I am clear in what I believe.

There is no ambiguity in my words here. # John McCain.

I don't need to speak for you. Your inability to answer the questions speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The list will be history, no need for me to list them for your dumb a--!

I might be wrong, but I believe history will not be kind to President Trump and rightfully so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join