It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is time moving faster? - Try this simple test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Don't assume that everyone has those 'smartphone' gadgets. There has to be zillion ways to use a stopwatch - it does no one any good to be so specific about it in any case.

However, the point about time speeding up has been something I have familiarized myself with decades ago. I found it funny, that when I tried to explain it to my denier-friend, they didn't believe me - and bam! suddenly, it was 10 years later. (Now it's much, much later, and shockingly much, considering how short the time felt).

There are many 'times', there's the external time, there's the internal time, there's the time curve, and then there are different timeflows in different dimensions (existential frequencies).

Internal time can usually be manipulated, and a 'long time' can feel short, or a 'short time' can feel long, depending on the circumstances affecting it. The consensus about external time seems to be some kind of 'constant' based on a straight line going forward and never in any other direction, and never changing speed, and that's what time is.

But what if the consensus is wrong? Isn't nature and the Universe full of variety? Why should time be a trustworthy constant in this otherwise so seemingly chaotic, creative and flowing and fluctuating existence?

Since human beings can't experience external time accurately (they experience 'internal time', which can vary, as I mentioned earlier), and clocks are DEPENDENT on time, there's really no way to, with the 'usual methods', measure at what speed time is going, and whether it slows down or speeds up.

However, from my research, it looks like what used to be '24 hours' is now about '16 hours' per day. That's why days seem to go so incredibly fast nowadays.

I have also come to the conclusion that time indeed is going faster now - 10 years is not what it used to be. This amount of time feels and seems incredibly small and quick, although decades ago, '10 years ago' felt like a proper 'AGE ago'.

The thing is, even if this is true, a second is still a second, because the clocks of course speed up together with time. Only the experiencer of time can start feeling that there's not enough hours in a day anymore, when back in the day, there was plenty.

The usual explanation, of course, is the 'when you age, time seems to go faster', and I am not disputing that there might be some truth to that.

But that's also not very easy to measure, it's just an 'easy explanation', just like Mandela Effect is the easiest to explain with 'faulty memories', then you can congratulate yourself on being so clever; solved a mystery so quickly! Time to clap the dust off your hands and move along.

In any case, if you think about last year's summer, and then think about this year's, you can realize the year went by incredibly fast. There's barely any time to enjoy the summer before it's already over anymore.

There's something going on in the Universe, and I think speeding up the time fits the whole scenario of 'enormous Karma being accumulated on this small planet, so it's beneficial to let the end come as fast as possible'.

I can't offer any proof or even 100% certainty of my viewpoint, and I am too tired to debate, but in my honest opinion, time has indeed sped up considerably from, let's say, the 1980s.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
However, from my research, it looks like what used to be '24 hours' is now about '16 hours' per day. That's why days seem to go so incredibly fast nowadays.

To some.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join