It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is time moving faster? - Try this simple test

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadOnly
I will explain further. Imagine yourself as a toddler, you crawl across the floor, you pick up a piece of dust...you taste it, you spit it out. You come across a block (toy) you pick it up, you taste it or lick it, you look at the block in relative wonderment and say 'gosh, never seen that before'. All new things in your journey across the floor, new discoveries etc. etc. etc. Where is this when you get older and older?...slowly fading away, and then it is just 'almost did everything', quite mundane actually.

2020 has not been very mundane.
Maybe next year.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: LookingAtMars
I've had that feeling that time has sped up for awhile now and I'm not the only one that noticed. I was down getting the oil changed on my truck, when I mentioned that to a guy in the waiting room and he along with three other people said that they've felt it too.

The weeks are just flying by for me.

It will be Monday morning and the next thing you know it Friday. Blink and it's Monday morning again.

My example seems to go both ways or extremes, if you will.

Friday lock yourself in a small room with no windows, no t.v, no internet. Just walls to look at. See how slow time goes then.

But maybe it is speeding up. Years ago i heard this referred to as "quickening" but i dont know too much about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadOnly
I will explain further. Imagine yourself as a toddler, you crawl across the floor, you pick up a piece of dust...you taste it, you spit it out. You come across a block (toy) you pick it up, you taste it or lick it, you look at the block in relative wonderment and say 'gosh, never seen that before'. All new things in your journey across the floor, new discoveries etc. etc. etc. Where is this when you get older and older?...slowly fading away, and then it is just 'almost did everything', quite mundane actually.

2020 has not been very mundane.
Maybe next year.

Personally, for me it has. I know what you mean, I tend to think it is more oddball times for sure. Would not refer to these as exciting times, personally.
edit on 5-9-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just a thought.

Matthew 24
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Could we be getting close to the Apocalypse? Maybe.

Hosea 6
1 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

2nd Peter 3
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

According to Hosea Israel was to face a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. Followed by the 1000 year "day of Jezreel".
I put the start of the day of Jezreel around 2028. Therefore time speeding up would be an indication that the Apocalypse is nearing. I put the Apocalypse happening in the next 8 years.
edit on 5-9-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's the same as it has been all my life.

If we keep on looking at the watch to see if it's time for something it appears to be slower, when we are trying to do something on time it appears to be faster, but if we have a reference we can see that it's the same.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Time is speeding up, perhaps due to our revolution around the sun speeding up.
It seems winter comes sooner now and spring comes a little earlier.
Could be time has been speeding up for a while.
It makes sense.
We should actually be slowly getting closer to our sun.
And our sun should be slowly getting closer to a larger gravity spot, a black hole somewhere.
The closer we get to the sun the smaller our circle of (1) year is, and the faster our seconds will become.

edit on 5-9-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
time is speeding up, perhaps due to our revolution around the sun speeding up.
it seems winter comes sooner now and spring comes a little earlier.
could be time has been speeding up for a while.
it makes sense.
we should actually be slowly getting closer to our sun.
and our sun should be slowly getting closer to a larger gravity spot, a black hole somewhere.
the closer we get to the sun the smaller our circle of (1) year is, and the faster our seconds will become.

All you have to do is play a VHS cassette, a 2 hour tape and look at the time code.

If the time code is moving and the scenes are playing normally then it is playing at normal speed, easy enough to detect especially with video and audio.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I must be a bad test subject. I played a ton of street football back in the day and used that Mississippi count all the time. After trying that test it seems I was giving the QB a little extra time. I had to speed up my internal count to keep pace with the phone stop watch.

I don't think time is speeding up I think it is something internal. There is so much stimuli, attention spans have withered and people can't focus on doing just one thing. People watching tv while playing on their phone is one example.

If physical time were moving faster then wouldn't that royally screw up travel times? I realize 60 mph isn't exact (stop and go etc..) but with all things being equal wouldn't there be cases of I was going 60mph for a whole hour and only went 30 miles or something?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Time is speeding up, perhaps due to our revolution around the sun speeding up.

An increase in speed means a slowing of time, according to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, and that was confirmed (see this post, so if our revolution around the Sun is speeding up time would slow down.

It seems winter comes sooner now and spring comes a little earlier.

Season changes are more affected by climate.

It makes sense.

It does not.

We should actually be slowly getting closer to our sun.
And our sun should be slowly getting closer to a larger gravity spot, a black hole somewhere.
The closer we get to the sun the smaller our circle of (1) year is, and the faster our seconds will become.

No, see above.

Also, if time really was changing we wouldn't be able to notice it, as we are in the same reference, only an outside viewer could detect the difference.
If time time is getting faster and an hour takes (for example) only 50 minutes to complete our watches would still show a day with 24 hours and an hour with 60 minutes and a minute with 60 seconds, so there's no real way of knowing if (when) something like that happens.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

years and months fly by, days and hours just drag along.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Temporal Mechanics, I love this topic.

Time is neither speeding up nor slowing down. At least from our perspective. We would be trapped to it's speed no matter what given how we are traveling through life on this giant gravity sink called Earth. What could be happening to you, and many others, is that as one ages times influence changes.

A great example is; How long is ten years?

To a child it could be a life time, but if a 90 year old is asked the same question not long at all. As we age, more and more time has passed us by which mean that our individual understanding of what can happen in a day or week changes.

So then why does it seem like time can stand still when a major even is happening?

As we get older our brains will often not store little details about events taking place. This is like driving down the same road every day, after a while you can hardly remember if the tree was there or not, but if there was a car accident on that same road you'll remember the details of that. This is because when an event that is out of the normal, or something that seems to the person experiencing it, as something special, their brain will catalog as much detail as it can about the event or item.

In a year like 2020, we have so much going on that people are either ignoring a lot of it due to mental overload (these people think time is speeding up), or they are taking in and mentally cataloging as much data as they can (these people are thinking that time has slowed down). In both cases time is still running at a constant as prescribed by the Earths effects on the gravity it displaces.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Time moves faster for me, but that's a result of my day to day activities and getting older. Time as a constant among earthlings I don't believe moves any differently. My average cigarette still takes the same amount of clock time as it did 15 years ago. I can still travel 60 miles in 60 minutes at 60 mph on the dash board.

I've always noticed when watching the second hand tick, or the seconds ticking on the smart phone these days, that some seconds feel much longer than others. I think that same phenomenon can explain your count. We perceive time differently at different times. Sometimes we function at different speeds than others including our speech.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And there's me, just yesterday, wondering how long this year is lasting.

lol

Sucks to be you if time is speeding up. Maybe you're giving it to me.

Perhaps my time will grind to a halt on December 30th at midnight (if I ever get there at this rate) and everything starts going backwards.
edit on 5/9/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

"The Sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death."

My life stopped taking forever as soon as I turned 21.

My guess is a watch pot of anticipation is the reason for this. And before 21 it was 18, 16, 13, and the last day of school.
edit on 6-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
time is relative... the point where its reverses his polarity we call it present...
for example positive for the future ...negative for the past .. that split second ore less with no polarity is oure present.. in oure perception
edit on 6-9-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I am 62 years old. The average life span of someone born in the same year as I (1958) is seventy years. That means on average I have about (8) years left on the planet. When I look back at the last (8) years of my life it seems as if it flew by. Actually, if I look all the way back to when I was a teenager it does not seem to be very long ago. I remember an old man telling me (he was about my age now) that he could remember things he did when he was young better than he could what happened yesterday. I relized what he meant a few years back. When I was young and in elementary school a year seemed like it took forever to pass. Now a week seems like a day. A month seems like a week and a year seems like a few months. Yep, for me time is relative. Thing is it moves with me and without me. Eight years, hmm.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Just watched this video saying that time really is going faster.

I have been noticing this too. I accepted that it is probably because I have gotten older.

Yeah, it feels like time is moving faster for me as well. I too, attributed it to my older age.

There was a time in my life, where I marked off each day on a calendar... Some people told me this was a bad thing to do in my situation as it would make my time drag on...

I think. When you are a kid, everything is new. Your brain is always focusing on or perceiving something new to you. When you get older, I think your brain filters out 90% of the mundane activities in our everyday lives. Since you don't focus on everything throughout the day, it's like sleeping or daydreaming. You don't notice the time passing.

This got me thinking, recently actually, that maybe I could purposely try to 'slow' things down by marking off each day as it passes by again. Perhaps make a note of anything notable that day... Almost like a kids diary.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!

Yeah this...THIS right here is why time seems to be moving faster is because we wasted 10 minutes watching a pointless video! And of course the commentator points to how that one book that only a few people actually read let alone each and every chapter of, is totally right and END OF DAYS cause they are shorter...

Video games take longer now because the shear amount of data and detail, when it was a couple of pixels chasing other pixels of course it was blasted out in record time. Imagine having to photograph each object then create it digitally then create the physics around it! Oh wait that skyguy did our entire existence in 6 days...Utter nonsense and no critical thinking!

People looked older cause life was harder! People lived shorter lives a 70 year old was rare...come on

No new movies you say? Live under a rock? The reason their are so many sequels is cause Hollyweird is lazy and have formulas for money! They don't care about putting out great content they care about making money!

Finally the guys count was way, way off I muted and tried myself of course I am not accurate enough as a computer LOL

And now how much damn time did I waste on this garbage, ugh now I gotta make sure the earth is still FLAT...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 06 Sep 2020 13:42:44 -0500pm1America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Yeah this...THIS right here is why time seems to be moving faster is because we wasted 10 minutes watching a pointless video!

I didn't.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyonthewall
I am 62 years old. The average life span of someone born in the same year as I (1958) is seventy years. That means on average I have about (8) years left on the planet. When I look back at the last (8) years of my life it seems as if it flew by. Actually, if I look all the way back to when I was a teenager it does not seem to be very long ago. I remember an old man telling me (he was about my age now) that he could remember things he did when he was young better than he could what happened yesterday. I relized what he meant a few years back. When I was young and in elementary school a year seemed like it took forever to pass. Now a week seems like a day. A month seems like a week and a year seems like a few months. Yep, for me time is relative. Thing is it moves with me and without me. Eight years, hmm.

Oh yeah too right.................. I remember in my early twenties when if you were in the right mental state an hour could seem like a lifetime, well at least a day or two, especially if the Magical Mystery Tour was on the SL1210 Mk2 followed by Sergeant Peppers

edit on 6-9-2020 by ufoorbhunter because: confusion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join