It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I'm white, they lady that gave me my home loan was black. Maybe if black people are worried white person wont give them a home loan they should find a black banker?

Either way I bet the outcome is the same. Your work history and credit score mean a lot when trying for a home loan. Your personality and way you present yourself should be professional when you apply. Save your slang street talk it wont help at the bank but rather hinders.

And that last goes back to the college board advocating to allow the use of and teaching of Ebonics/Black Vernacular instead of insisting on proper English. They're undermining their own.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The teaching of Ebonics is the single worst thing to have happened to black folk in the last 30 years. It took a serious racist to think of reinforcing cultural behavior to an extent that it would keep people form competing in the workplace.

I speak with a seriously strong Southern accent and am more comfortable in ratty old jeans. I also tend to walk around with my boots untied and laced just enough to give me the quick choice of keeping them on or kicking them off (long story, just they way I grew up). But in an interview? I focus on sounding less like Jed Clampett, dress up, and tie my dress shoes. My culture can wait until after I get the job; I am not interviewing for the position of "bumpkin."

I have sat on the other side of that interview desk. Skin color doesn't matter; being able to communicate does. Looking like a "bad-ass" is not a plus; looking like you respect me is a plus. It don't matter what some teacher told you... I'm not a teacher and I'm not going to hire someone that will drive customers away. So put on a clean dress shirt, dammit!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
So we should start penalising and demanding reparations from the various native American Indians towards each other for the brutal atrocities, border skirmishes and intended genocides they committed upon each other before the white man turned up?
Or is it only white people that are racist?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: infolurker

Do you know what critical race theory is and the push to implement it?

You mean the push to educate white Americans to understand how they have benefited from systematic racism, even though they themselves never owned slaves? Yep.

I benefit from slavery, which ended more than 150 years ago? No one ever gave me anything, except for my parents while I lived with them. I started working part-time when I was 16, washing dishes and bussing tables. I put myself through college, working part-time, and worked hard for 40 years before retirement. I’ve had black bosses and black colleagues who held positions of much greater authority and responsibility than mine.

The systemic racism theory is ridiculous. The Census Bureau did a survey of median household incomes by ethnic groups in 2015. The Top Five incomes by ethnicity were all Asian American. My ethnic group, Scottish American, placed 78th. There were six different black American ethnic groups ranked higher than mine.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

It's that whole "Noble Savage" thing. White people were never, ever noble savages because we came up with that theory. Now how patronizing is that?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: zosimov

Haters and race baiters would try to divide my small family of four by race (my husband's parents are Japanese and his daughter is half mexican, our son is white/asian) but we're all just human beings who have slightly different features and all of the same old human struggles/dreams.

Your family is a perfect example of racial equalization. Right? So there is a such thing as racial equalization. It exists, but not for everyone, all the time. The fact that you bring it up as an exceptional example, and the root of your frustration, proves how rare it really is.

No, my family is not an anomaly by a long shot. America is now one big mixed family--from business partnerships to colleagues, teammates, classmates, and even down to individuals of mixed race, we can't be divided along race lines as we've been too far integrated.

Take my friend's family as an example. She's as white as it gets--Irish white--her husband is a light skinned black man. They adopted a beautiful girl from Ethiopia and had two children of their own-- one of which is as fair, blonde, and blue eyed as a person can get. So which "race" is he? Is he a priviledged white because he looks white, or is he in the minority class because his heritage proves him so?

This is why focusing on skin color is so superficial, ridiculous, and illogical.

We have disparities and injustices w/i the legal system which are finially now being addressed. Focusing on real legislative disparities will get us much further than focusing on whatever is skin deep.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yeah, a lot families are pretty mixed now.

I had two uncles who were stationed overseas. One came home with a Filipino bride, and the other came home with a Japanese bride. One of my cousins married a Hispanic, probably Criollo since his last name is very French in origin. Another of my cousins is married to a black man. I'm married to man who's part Native American.

But, you know, we're all white supremacist and racist and bigoted.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But, you know, we're all white supremacist and racist and bigoted.

I need constant reminders lest I forget.

Thank you, critical race theory for showing me that I'm so racist, I am not even aware of being so. Glad there's a theory out there that, based on the color of my skin, tells me more about me than I know.

edit on 6-9-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Excellent

Purge this fake nonsense and send it to the bargain bin of history where it belongs

With all the other racist lies/liars

Critical race theory is wrong,and doesn't accurately describe anything. He should've done this year's ago.

Same goes for the new feminism and other related studies. Bye bye!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Critical Race Theory deserves to be filed right next to phrenology.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

I welcome this. It's about time. Those kinds of lies makes the US look bad on the world stage.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

If I'm going to be a racist regardless of what I do based on my being white, I may as well actually be a racist. That's why this training is so evil. It removes any incentive to not be a racist. They know this. I'm going to start calling them Manson democrats because he would be so proud of them.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Fake indeed. Biased or flawed. No serious person buys into this leftist nonsense. It's done by psuedoacademics.

Newsflash, if your specialty is critical race theory/other nonscience you aren't an academic or involved in any sort of science. You aren't an elite academic if you study icebergs and feminism, crit race theory...those people are jokes with unserious jobs.

It's the runaway expert class of gurus who know nothing that actually matters

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you kets, agree 100%!!!

Nice running into you today 😁👍

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Critical Race Theory is Racist.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Spot on.

Nobody cares what lies their public school taught them. If you want the job you need to dress well, speak well and show competency.

No pity hires! Earn it!

How can people sleep at night getting something they didn't earn on their own? I couldn't stand it

Dems are attacking dignity itself. Self respect matters
edit on 9/6/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No, my family is not an anomaly by a long shot.

I didn't say it was. I said racial equalization is rare.

She's as white as it gets--Irish white--her husband is a light skinned black man. They adopted a beautiful girl from Ethiopia and had two children of their own-- one of which is as fair, blonde, and blue eyed as a person can get.

Good for them, I guess. But don't think that that little girl won't experience social disparagement that the others won't.

edit on 6-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I benefit from slavery, which ended more than 150 years ago?

That's not what I said. I said that "white people have benefited from systematic racism".

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We also must purge the 1619 project's lies out of existance.

Schools will teach American history, which focuses on the great American story (including the great American comeback), our achievements as a nation, the root of our exceptionalism and how we can all work to better our country over others.

1619 project is filled with leftist lies, and focuses on irrelevant parts of this country's history and glosses over the meaningful stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You won't ever have what you refer to as "equalization"

What you will get is equality under the law. Total and absolute equality in the eyes of the law.

Nothing more nothing less. Many of the changes the left seek either 1) aren't realistic or 2) are based on societal attitudes which can only be changed by intelligent discourse, conversation and debate. Not brow beating, attacks, insults, etc.

edit on 9/6/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join