It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

We teach math, but that's white oppressive now. Aren't you keeping up? Who said that 2+2=4? Well, a bunch of white guys said that, so it may not actually be so, but we only accept it that way because those white guys said it and force it on us.

Yep, there are large discussions between so-called academics now trying to find an instance where 2+2 does not need to equal 4 just to prove that point. Then they can begin the serious work of "decolonizing" math.

edit on 5-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You're picking strawman arguments to determine how everyone should be mandated to act.

Marxist.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: DanDanDat

So what we're all saying here is, the hundreds of studies done over the past 3 decades -
those that actually show there is indeed systemic discrimination in America are all lies ?

Fake ?

Anyone want to link a study that actually counters this notion ?

The problem with most studies on these types of issues is that they only tell you what has happened; they don't definitively tell you why it happened and they most certainly don't tell you how to fix it.

Are there a disproportionate number of black individuals incarcerated... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case... Is the median income lower for women than men ... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case.

But the statistical data doesn't tell you why; and it doesn't tell you how to correct.

Those things are theorized by human beings who have their own biases. And because of that your going to get a whole host of different explanations and solutions.

The purpose of many of these studies aren't to find the why, only what is.
Finding solutions are outside of the scope.

Why is up for debate, but we'll never debate it, only profess that we know absolutely 100% that it cannot be racism or discrimination.

Who do you know that thinks racism or discrimination don't exist?

I personaly no of no one who say that racism or discrimination don't exist.

Let's look at arrests and convictions for drug use between blacks and whites:

Despite similar usage, blacks are arrested and prosecuted more than whites.

Per the many comments of this very thread, that simply cannot be due to systemic racism or discrimination.

Per the many comments on this thread; there may be multiple reasons this static is true. Systemic racism or discrimination being one of the reason but likely not the only contributing factor.

Per the many comments on this thread racism or discrimination are likely to exist no mater how hard you try to fight it so it may be futileto try and fix this statistical truth by overly obsessing on something that is not going ti change. Better to try and identify the other contributing factors and see if they can be fixed.

Per the many comments on this thread calling everyone who may have a different point of view ignorant, part of the problem, or racist or discriminatory themselves is probably counter productive.

We surely will never have a real debate on these issues if so many people aren't willing to listen to what others have to say ... especially when we don't agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Thing is that IMO a lot of accusations of systemic racism is an attempt to foist all the blame for circumstances onto other things without acknowledging that perhaps some of the blame for where you are in your life could possibly lie with you.

But in a day and age where we are being increasingly encouraged to think of ourselves as identity groups rather than personal entities, individuals, it gets harder and harder to think of ourselves as in control of anything that happens to us from day to day.

If I am a product of my race and not a product of my personal actions, I am robbed of my personal power in life. I can't be expected to empower myself but only seek solutions that empower this or that group I may belong to - things that empower women or things that would empower whites (yeah, I typed it, but that the sort of thinking minorities are encouraged to do and I'm not one so ... to make my point ...) - But if seeing that makes you uncomfortable, you ought to ask yourself why connecting the idea of power with any racial group is fine with you. If one racial group ought not ever seek power for themselves because it's horribly negative, then neither should any other. The negative connotations ought not be any less.

No one racial group is any more or less likely to do the terribly types of things in the name of their racial power over other groups once they have it.

But that's what you're seeking when you work to lift any one group up over another based solely on questions of race and link it with power.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What happens when people who are racist find themselves in a position, such as reviewing an application for a home loan? That could cause real harm, should we ignore those?

There will always be dicks and life often isn't fair.

What you leftists want is equal outcomes and that's just Marxism.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.

So again I ask, we should just not talk about it ? Shouldn't educate?

You preach to want equal opportunity - yet I've given you an example where there's certainly not equal opportunity. Taking exception to that is not wanting equal outcomes, in some situations there SHOULD be equal outcomes. That's the problem.

Glad you admit you're a Marxist.

Thanks!

Not a marxist, just raised to have some ethics.

It's ethical to mandate outcomes?

Praytell.

Mandating outcomes where there's no merit ? Sure, I'm right there with you. No need.

However, when a home loan (housing kinda a need) from a very well qualified candidate for no reason other than race, sexual preference, religion etc... then yeah there should be equal outcome. Across the board. We have laws against these practices for a reason.

You'd like to let those off that break these laws, brush em off as 'dicks and assholes'

I'd like to see them punished for breaking the law.

As a chick, I'd like to see protections go the way of the god damn dodo. Let's stick with the gender & employment point here -- get rid of it. I do not want to work somewhere that is mandated to hire me, or else. WTF is wrong with people? WHY would you want to work somewhere where you are not desired as an employee? I sure as hell don't, so I say lose the special restrictions and let society sort itself out. Will this block me from being hired more than once? Or very often? Probably, but as far as I'm concerned, that's how it SHOULD be. It helps us avoid employers we'd avoid working for lest we hate our lives THAT much, and would make it super easy to put our money where our fat mouths are and support things far easier with less ambiguity.

And I say this as a woman, who would prefer to NEVER hire women if I could help it if I were to ever launch a business. I can do without the girl dramaz, infighting and BS they tend to bring, thanks. That should be my right as an employer to decide, not yours.
edit on 9/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We teach math, but that's white oppressive now. Aren't you keeping up? Who said that 2+2=4? Well, a bunch of white guys said that, so it may not actually be so, but we only accept it that way because those white guys said it and force it on us.

Yep, there are large discussions between so-called academics now trying to find an instance where 2+2 does not need to equal 4 just to prove that point. Then they can begin the serious work of "decolonizing" math.

I noticed how we've now moved from education about the state of affairs to something widely hyperbolic in nature.

You're picking strawman arguments to determine how everyone should be mandated to act.

Marxist.

Law for thee, not for me, right? You're ignoring blatant violations for federal law because...

well damn, why?

DanDanDat, I'm going to leave this right here:

And I say this as a woman, who would prefer to NEVER hire women if I could help it if I were to ever launch a business.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Anon283799

Typical Trump move. Deny, deny, deny.

“I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.”
Martin Luther King Jr, 1966

time.com...

Oh you left out the first part in front of that where he condemns it."...I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be CONDEMNED as vigorously as we CONDEMN riots.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Whats funny is it dont exist to the point they make it out to exist. if it still did then Oprah,and others would not be rich or doing as well. Most of it is put into their heads by the school system,and the media perpetuating it.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   

However, when a home loan (housing kinda a need) from a very well qualified candidate for no reason other than race, sexual preference, religion etc... then yeah there should be equal outcome. Across the board. We have laws against these practices for a reason.

You'd like to let those off that break these laws, brush em off as 'dicks and assholes'

I'd like to see them punished for breaking the law.

Soooo.....YOU are selling your house and have 'provisionally' agreed a price to

sell to a black family.......

Along comes a white family (for what ever reason) desperately want your house

and offer you substancially more than your asking price......

#1 Do you keep to your 'principals'?

# 2 Do you do a 'beneficial to you business deal'?

Most people would do #2 Does that make them racist? or is it just good business

practice?

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

We teach math, does teaching math cause students to only think of math? We teach, in detail, Germany from 1938, on through to 1945. Does that make students only think of Germany ?

The rest of your post, sounds like you've some issues with guilt to work out, if these things being discussed causes you to feel guilty.

German here, watching you post for a while but now I have to step into the bull# you spew.

Why doesn't it surprise me you only go from 1938-1945? Oh right because the same tactics, that Hitler and his party used to gain power before that timespan, is on the agenda of your beloved rioting brothers. What the jew sign was, is now a red hat that says "Make america great again".

Yes I did it, I draw the comparrision and since I am white and oh my gosh, German too, I am racist! Isn't that what the theory you try to defend says?

If you think that's a stupid thing I did, well here is the mirror.

edit on 6.9.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I follow through on the contract signed.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You get that wrong, according to critical race theory, Oprah was just allowed to become famous because it would entertain white racists.

Just look at Obama, what a clown he was in a lot of circumstances. He was allowed the presidency win to entertain white racists.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I follow through on the contract signed.

Did you read my post? 'provisionally' agreed is NOT contract signed.

That scenario has happened to people I know, but seeing as they were all

whites they just had to suck it up because they were unable to fall back on

the victimhood of race blame.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I don't care what color anyone is as long as an agreement is made then that is what the contract is executed upon.

If there are more than one interested parties, then they are more than welcome to put in competitive bids and all fully qualified and guaranteed funds will be accepted regardless of the ethnicity of the purchaser.

I leave the details up to my chosen representative, aka realtor, and when all the specifics are agreed upon then the closing takes place.

Regardless of ethnicity.

Just because racism and greed is all you seem to comprehend, does not mean that all others on this earth are moved in the same manner
edit on 6-9-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: Changed party to parties

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Big words, but when your non compliance with their education about how being your gender and your race you are the racist/sexist they may ever need to refer too, your denial of their right to take away your social status rights, label your actions as motivated solely to hurt others and for greed... you already are evil to the rest of your country men and peers. Your boss will feel comfortable constantly demeaning you and humiliating you while giving the “correct” gender opportunity to speak and privileges in the work place. A customer who you won’t let take advantage of you will scream at you how you’re being racist by not giving them free service and if you don’t now, you’ll be written up on google/yelp etc. you’ll be told you’re an exception to the rule of your race if you comply, you’re one of the good ones not like rest of your disgusting ilk.
You have no power, any attempt to assert power is more display of your evil nature.

But yeah good on you, wouldn’t take it laying down... ha!

reply to: Anon283799

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm white, they lady that gave me my home loan was black. Maybe if black people are worried white person wont give them a home loan they should find a black banker?

Either way I bet the outcome is the same. Your work history and credit score mean a lot when trying for a home loan. Your personality and way you present yourself should be professional when you apply. Save your slang street talk it wont help at the bank but rather hinders.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So it’s white people are bad and anything bad that’s ever happened is because of White people? Well jeez, that sounds kind of ignorant and bigoted on paper...

a reply to: infolurker

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
THANK YOU DONALD TRUMP!

I've been watching this "Critical Race Theory" bullcrap for way too long now. Whoever came up with it needs to be horse-whipped once a day for the remainder of their pitiful lives.

I grew up in the Deep South just after the civil rights struggle. I was in the first class in school to be integrated. My school burned to the ground between my 1st and 2nd year of school; rumor was it was over integration. I was there when blacks and whites sat on different sides of the classroom. I was beat up by the black kids for being white quite a few times; black kids were beat up by white kids for being black quite a few times.

Two of the best teachers I ever had back then were black... sisters who both went into education. Damn smart, damn compassionate, and neither one ever addressed race in the classroom. They were smart enough to know that if one wants something to go away, one does not keep calling attention to it.

It took a few years, but we all learned to respect each other. Sometimes I run into some of my old classmates from back then, and we all get a good chuckle from remembering those days. Some of us white kids went on to be successful; some of the black kids went on to become successful; some white kids went on to become poor and/or in prison; some of the black kids went on to become poor and/or in prison. What happened to each of us was due to a lot of inner drive and a little chance. If race played a role in our lot in life, it wasn't by much.

Today I live in a nice house, with a little land and several buildings, plenty of tools, and in some relative peace. It isn't because I am white... I can point to an awful lot of people with dark skin who have much better lives and much more money than I do. It's because my family worked, hard and long, to make something for themselves. One of my grandfathers was raised by a single mother in a household where all three kids were from different fathers. He never had an education; he farmed. He also rejected the kind of life his father led and raised a family as a man instead of being a sperm donor. He lived his life in a two-room cabin; I remember it well.

My other grandfather was a sharecropper all his life. He never owned a home. All of his belongings could fit in the back of his old worn out truck. I have helped him hoe and pick cotton many times, from when I was so young I couldn't drag a full cotton sack... Dad would put an empty sack on me, and when I couldn't drag it any more he would take my sack to finish and give me an empty one.

Dad bought a small spot of wooded, undeveloped mountain land that no one thought was worth anything. He cleared out the rocks with an old tractor borrowed from his father. He cut down the trees to clear out a homeplace, and then built his own house with his own hands. He couldn't afford the wood even; he got the wood to build this house from tearing down old buildings in town for the wood in them. He worked a full day, then worked tearing down a truckload of lumber before coming here, unloading it, and going to the little house he rented. On weekends he would make several trips a day to get more. He planed, jointed, and cut to length every single board in this house himself.

Later on, he would build more buildings around as he needed them, mostly out of wood from the mountain behind us. He couldn't afford a tractor, so he made one out of a old Briggs & Straton motor, some scrap parts from a junkyard, and sheet metal worked in a home-made forge.

When I was growing up, I didn't have money... what little I had was from hauling hay, hoeing fields, and mowing yards. Most people today have never had the pleasure of working all day in a field until you can't straighten up for a few bucks. They have never slung hay bales weighing as much as they did 10 feet off the ground into a barn loft hour after hour. I did that, for sometimes as little as $3 an hour. I used to pick up returnable coke bottles from the roadside and carry them to the little country store a couple miles away to get a full one.

In school, the other kids (black and white) were getting new cars, wore fancy duds, and always had money. I drove a worn-out VW Beetle that I had to put together myself, wore hand-me-downs more often than not, and money was something that I rarely had. If I could go to the county fair once a year, I thought I was rich.

I worked my whole damn life doing things that today would probably be considered those "jobs no American will do" for less money than one can make working a 7/11 now. And now, suddenly, everyone wants to tell me I am an "oppressor" because of my skin color? Thank God for the Internet; telling me that to my face would not be a healthy life choice.

People are people. Skin color is irrelevant. The Civil Rights struggle is over; Martin Luther King, Jr. (God rest his soul) won... because he worked for what he wanted. These "woke" fools won't hit a lick at a snake; they think they should be given everything in life. It don't work like that. Life is hard for those not born into money, and that's got nothing to do with skin color. Trying to refute that is just bringing us back to the 1960s, and I consider that a crime against humanity. We danced that dance already; go somewhere else and scratch your mad spot if you don't like it.

Or go do something useful and maybe you'll learn something.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Anon283799

Typical Trump move. Deny, deny, deny.

“I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. And, what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the economic plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years.”
Martin Luther King Jr, 1966

time.com...

Yes, he denies ignorance

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The poster said she would prefer not to, not that she wouldn't.

However, the difference between what she said and what was actually going on in the South during Jim Crow? She would represent a private individual in control of her own enterprise while during those years, the government made laws preventing every business owner from making their own personal decisions.

Affirmative Action is another form of this type of practice where it mandates quotas on employers and/or admissions officers at schools. They must admit according to numerical guidelines made by government whatever their own preferences may be. Everyone assumes that means that they would discriminate against certain minorities, but in practice, it means that they are mandates to discriminate against certain groups (Asians mostly) in order to comply. The Asians are almost always the most competent to gain admission at every university, but their quota is too small to admit all the very qualified applicants under Affirmative Action, so they get discriminated against.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join