It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So what we're all saying here is, the hundreds of studies done over the past 3 decades -
those that actually show there is indeed systemic discrimination in America are all lies ?

Fake ?

Anyone want to link a study that actually counters this notion ?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
So what we're all saying here is, the hundreds of studies done over the past 3 decades -
those that actually show there is indeed systemic discrimination in America are all lies ?

Fake ?

If all your focus is, is on race, then all you'll see is racism.

My advice?

Try looking at the person and not the color of their skin.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Fake ?

My advice?

Yeah, but I was asking about the validity of the hundreds of studies that dispute everything that's being said here.

It's great that you'd judge character over color, but your doing so doesn't mean everyone else does / will.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Fake ?

My advice?

Yeah, but I was asking about the validity of the hundreds of studies that dispute everything that's being said here.

It's great that you'd judge character over color, but your doing so doesn't mean everyone else does / will.

I can't control what racists think or do.

Neither can you nor anyone else.

We can make laws against racism and we have, but that's it.

Some people will always be racist.

Unless you want to mandate how people think now?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Fake ?

My advice?

I can't control what racists think or do.

Neither can you nor anyone else.

We can make laws against racism and we have, but that's it.

Some people will always be racist.

Unless you want to mandate how people think now?

No, I don't see anyone attempting to mandate how people think, I do see people getting bent out of shape because there are places that pay attention (schools, for example) to these issues that exist.

Of course you'd likely never get rid of racism. So, should we just stop talking about it?

What happens when people who are racist find themselves in a position, such as reviewing an application for a home loan? That could cause real harm, should we ignore those?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What happens when people who are racist find themselves in a position, such as reviewing an application for a home loan? That could cause real harm, should we ignore those?

There will always be dicks and life often isn't fair.

What you leftists want is equal outcomes and that's just Marxism.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.
edit on 5-9-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Fake ?

The problem with most studies on these types of issues is that they only tell you what has happened; they don't definitively tell you why it happened and they most certainly don't tell you how to fix it.

Are there a disproportionate number of black individuals incarcerated... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case... Is the median income lower for women than men ... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case.

But the statistical data doesn't tell you why; and it doesn't tell you how to correct.

Those things are theorized by human beings who have their own biases. And because of that your going to get a whole host of different explanations and solutions.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So again I ask, we should just not talk about it ? Shouldn't educate?

You preach to want equal opportunity - yet I've given you an example where there's certainly not equal opportunity. Taking exception to that is not wanting equal outcomes, in some situations there SHOULD be equal outcomes. That's the problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You preach to want equal opportunity - yet I've given you an example where there's certainly not equal opportunity. Taking exception to that is not wanting equal outcomes, in some situations there SHOULD be equal outcomes. That's the problem.

Glad you admit you're a Marxist.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Fake ?

The problem with most studies on these types of issues is that they only tell you what has happened; they don't definitively tell you why it happened and they most certainly don't tell you how to fix it.

Are there a disproportionate number of black individuals incarcerated... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case... Is the median income lower for women than men ... yes the statistical data clearly shows that to be the case.

But the statistical data doesn't tell you why; and it doesn't tell you how to correct.

Those things are theorized by human beings who have their own biases. And because of that your going to get a whole host of different explanations and solutions.

The purpose of many of these studies aren't to find the why, only what is.
Finding solutions are outside of the scope.

Why is up for debate, but we'll never debate it, only profess that we know absolutely 100% that it cannot be racism or discrimination.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i think we need to talk about dogman

ive already virtua slapped you.
do not reply.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thanks!

Not a marxist, just raised to have some ethics.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Only Communists and Fascists consider indoctrination into a political cult to be education.

Jews didn’t actually control the German economy, but the NSDAP made sure this “fact” was part of the education system at all levels.

Kulaks weren’t hoarding and burning grain, but if you were to attend Stalin’s adult literacy programs, this “fact” would certainly be on the lesson plan.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thanks!

It's ethical to mandate outcomes?

Praytell.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Fake ?

Why is up for debate, but we'll never debate it, only profess that we know absolutely 100% that it cannot be racism or discrimination.

Who do you know that thinks racism or discrimination don't exist?

I personaly no of no one who say that racism or discrimination don't exist.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799
Election year dog whistling.

With all the BLM stuff going on, it isn't a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Thanks!

It's ethical to mandate outcomes?

Praytell.

Mandating outcomes where there's no merit ? Sure, I'm right there with you. No need.

However, when a home loan (housing kinda a need) from a very well qualified candidate for no reason other than race, sexual preference, religion etc... then yeah there should be equal outcome. Across the board. We have laws against these practices for a reason.

You'd like to let those off that break these laws, brush em off as 'dicks and assholes'

I'd like to see them punished for breaking the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

So the answer to racism is to teach all the children to think about nothing but race?

I fail to see how that helps. Further, the answer to racism is to teach children to think about their race as something bad about them? I further fail to see how that helps.

Basically, Critical Race Theory is the concept of original sin lifted from religion and translated into social justice. The problem is that it becomes something from which you cannot ever be absolved. You will always be guilty. At least with original sin in religion, there is also the concept of forgiveness. If we are all guilty, then we too also can all be forgiven and saved.

There is none of that in Critical Race Theory. It never ends. So long as your skin is white, you are guilty no matter how low you grovel. Even the poorest homeless man is privileged because his skin is white.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Fake ?

Who do you know that thinks racism or discrimination don't exist?

I personaly no of no one who say that racism or discrimination don't exist.

Let's look at arrests and convictions for drug use between blacks and whites:

Despite similar usage, blacks are arrested and prosecuted more than whites.

Per the many comments of this very thread, that simply cannot be due to systemic racism or discrimination.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

So the answer to racism is to teach all the children to think about nothing but race?

I fail to see how that helps. Further, the answer to racism is to teach children to think about their race as something bad about them? I further fail to see how that helps.

Basically, Critical Race Theory is the concept of original sin lifted from religion and translated into social justice. The problem is that it becomes something from which you cannot ever be absolved. You will always be guilty. At least with original sin in religion, there is also the concept of forgiveness. If we are all guilty, then we too also can all be forgiven and saved.

There is none of that in Critical Race Theory. It never ends. So long as your skin is white, you are guilty no matter how low you grovel. Even the poorest homeless man is privileged because his skin is white.

We teach math, does teaching math cause students to only think of math? We teach, in detail, Germany from 1938, on through to 1945. Does that make students only think of Germany ?

The rest of your post, sounds like you've some issues with guilt to work out, if these things being discussed causes you to feel guilty.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join