It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump orders purge of ‘critical race theory’ and 'white privilege' from federal agencies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Generations?

You are making the easy assumption that everyone gets an inheritance. Not everyone does. In fact, most don't, not enough to make a real difference.

It would make a difference for a generation or so, but as soon as the law and policy was corrected, things would change. black Americans in the armed services would receive the opportunity for the GI bill, same as everyone else.

You act like there is some mythical pile of wealth that accrues from generation to generation for every family. If that were so, then why do the fortunes of so many white families rise or fall from generation to generation? The ladder doesn't only go one way -> up. It also goes down, and what one generation may or may not do doesn't necessarily dictate the success or failure of the next.

There is a massive difference in the fortunes of myself and my sister for example - I'm middle class and she's scraping the bottom of the barrel. We grew up pretty poor despite both my parents having been college educated. They gave us every advantage they could, and our fortunes diverged pretty widely based on our personal choices in life.

My father grew up so poor that at one point, he shared a single room in a house in Florida with 7 siblings where they could see the dirt through holes in the floor.

You have to stop thinking that this is some kind of simple thing. It's just simply not. Stop grouping people and making generalizations and stereotypes. Everyone's lived experiences are different ... even white people's.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

"We need more minority doctors, lawyers and executives!"

Vacancies open to ALL ethnicities, creeds and colours as long as it is WORKED for.

ORLY. PoC (depending on your definition) comprise something like 13-15% of the population. WHAT IS THAT YOU WANT. We should have 50% of all well-paying jobs awarded to folks based on skin color?? How does that make any sense as a study in sociology and demographics, and how is that fair to non-PoC minorities in this country.

^^^That is racism^^^

We have departed any semblance of a merit-based, capitalist-oriented society and are heading into some kind of dystopian warped culture where people are FORCED to bend their knees at the alter of "diversity". Where a company MUST have "fair representation" of diversity in their ranks, qualifications and merit be damned. I know plenty of PoC that don't WANT this 'leg up' status, and would feel the same as anyone else who's awarded things based on their physical appearance instead of the fruits of their labor: cheated and deprived of being recognized for their TRUE ABILITIES not their skin color.

There is no prestige in gaining employment simply because of being a minority.

And surely racist by its very nature?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Southern strategy, war on drugs, the media painting black people as crack head monsters?

Racism isn't as systemic as it used to be. But from definitely before, to reconstruction era to basically the 1980's it definitely was.

If you watch the prison population from when the war on drugs started to basically now, it exploded in black communities. And racial bias towards statistics and severely over representation could not go unnoticed... there was a study that would have raised such questions. But Trump just got rid of it... oh well racism is canceled. Everyone back to work.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its the same kid. LOL.

Wow, just wow how strong that influence must have been to unlearn. And I by writing this I am not blaming your son a lot, young minds are easy to influence, I got smarter too, complete different topic but also politics related.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

you are citing stuff from 70 years ago man. Time goes on, and we each have the same OPPORTUNITY.

My dad was born/raised in a "dugout" home. Its a home dug into the side of a hill. He didn't live in a real home until he was 10, but that home still had dirt floors. Am I wealthy now? Nope. I've got a decent career. And I earned every bit of it on my own. Mostly because I am intelligent and well spoken, which was not due to my skin color.

Lets face it...any time you embrace a culture outside of the main culture of a country, you will always find yourself on the outside. Well spoken people tend to do well, as they are readily advertising their abilities. I cannot support the concepts discussed here when we ignore obvious things like language. How do 2 people raised in the same city by parents who both were raised in the same city have different accents? 2 completely different languages? My great grandfather came here from Hungary, and his children (who were all alive when he immigrated) grew up speaking clear english without any accent. And despite being gypsy's, my mothers side has managed to do ok with their life. Not well enough to provide advantages to their grandchildren (trust me...i've had to work some crappy jobs to support my family).

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Southern strategy= democrat policies war on drugs total failure look at prohibition. Media painting blacks as crackheads who are the media? Democrats besides fox and oan the media are a bunch of democrats. Racists? Some of them probably. Democrats for sure as they love to point out peoples skin color before anything else. I prefer to go buy the content of ones character instead of the color of their skin.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Wha?

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Really? Federal agencies like ICE?

Its all those racist Mexicans in ICE...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There will never be racial solidarity until the racial disparagements are addressed.

Can you name your top 3 so we can address them together?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Tim Pool killing it on this subject, as always:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Chit my bad I thought you were talking him crowe. Southern strategy in reality the south swung back and forth in presidential elections for 4 decades Republicans didn't win the south solely on capitalizing on racial angst that was but one in a series of decisions the party made not just on race but on feminism and religion. The top successfully fused ideas about the role of government in the economy women's place in society white evangelical christianity and racial grievance.

Sorry for the mistake don't hold my feet to the fire

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My dad was born/raised in a "dugout" home. Its a home dug into the side of a hill. He didn't live in a real home until he was 10, but that home still had dirt floors. Am I wealthy now? Nope. I've got a decent career. And I earned every bit of it on my own. Mostly because I am intelligent and well spoken, which was not due to my skin color.

My mom's family left Germany just before Hitler took over with almost nothing to get away. My Grandfather committed suicide over it all, and so my mom told me how they had to pick dandelions to eat in the summers. My dad's family came here during the Irish Potato Famine and we know how the Irish was treated...

So my point is about 90% of America has a story too, and here it is 2020 eight years of a black President, a good number of Black congress persons, almost every position in the Goverment to include Governors, mayors, police chefs and female to boot too... many many persons of color in leadership roles... Very large percentage of mixed couples etc and so America is still systemic racist and I need to ask who are the gate keepers to all this racism?

edit on 5-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, I mean either way. It doesn't matter which political clown show it was. They all played into the game against black Americans...

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Pfff those are all uncle toms. Obivously!

Racism isn't anywhere near what it used to be. I'm usually on board with calling out racism and such, but it's quite clear within' the last 30 - 40 years it's slowly dying out.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The only racists are the ones that constantly point out everyone's race. Which party does that. I have voted both ways in the past but I cannot vote dem as the party currently stands. Constantly pointing out everyone's differences instead of what makes us all the same. Your skin color doesnt matter it hasn't mattered my entire 40 years on this world. The only thing that matters is how the person conducts themselves in professional al and private life.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

I agree, but someone who has said some really racist things probably isn't the best evangelist for this sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoprazeActually, I just started watching that guy. I like his views and perspectives. Subbed him.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Yeah, BLM is some straight bs. Glad they are not in my area. Population around 50k here, and most of them hunt. That means lots of fire arms here. I think it would be bad for both sides if they tried that here.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Another reason I will vote to re-elect the POTUS. Common sense is becoming more common in this administration.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The long and short of it is that miserable people often look for reasons to take that misery out on others, and racism is just as good a way as any other to do that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join